Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 718 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 2 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 719 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim grinned, headache receding a bit. Deathrock thought he could out-talk Karim? Well, Deathrock would have to think again. “Actually, I was planning for my last words to be along the lines of ‘I left the gold stash in-‘ and then I die.” He smirked.

(Hey @andrew are there, by any chance, swords or other weapons in the treasure room?)

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast, uh… perhaps. There could be some golden swords and stuff amongst all that gold.

Sorry if Lord Deathrock is slightly annoying, but he’s the villain. Xd

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@andrew

Okay, sweet!

Nah, don’t worry. Deathrock’s cool.

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

@bookcrazygirl @kari-karast @andrew

Aleck ran into the treasure room with the guards hot on his heels. Aleck dove behind some treasure, and the guards rushed past without seeing him. He quickly and quietly slipped the rubies out of the scarf to Ash. “Get them out of here. They won’t suspect you have them,” he whispered, glad no one had seen. Aleck watched Lord Deathrock’s back from through a semi-transparent huge glass vase. Then he drew his sword, threw his whole body weight at the vase, lunging at Deathrock.

“Karim, cut the small talk!” Aleck commanded.

Glass flew through the air in front of Aleck’s falling figure, and cards flying out of his pocket mingled with the glass. Aleck flew into Deathrock and the evil Lord fell to the ground beneath him The ground dropped out from beneath them, and the air began to spin and grow deathly cold from inside the huge glass bubble, held together by the magic cards.

Deathrock jumped up with incredible strength, and knocked Aleck easily away, shattering the ball. The glass shards flew around the room creating a dozen doorframes made of glass. In the center and each corner of every one hovered a card, pulling each glass shard with a strange sort of magnetism. Aleck blinked in surprise. This couldn’t be good. There was no way he had just done that. Malcom Ace had to be somewhere close by. Two villains colliding couldn’t be good… or could it?

Deathrock leapt towards him, and Aleck struggled to keep off the lord’s expert swordplay with his own first-time fencing. This wasn’t working. Aleck turned quickly and leapt through one of glass shard doorways, wishing it hadn’t come to this. To his surprise, he found himself in the same room, just in another part of it. He had come out of one of the other doors. He quietly stepped into another, and came out just behind Deathrock. Aleck stabbed quickly and quietly at Deathrock’s back, but the lord was just stepping through the  other doorway. Aleck saw him and the tip of Aleck’s sword protrude out another door, not the one it had linked to previously. This was so confusing.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Warden.

I'm Throne Warden of Emberia or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

Lord Deathrock disappeared behind a pile of shimmering diamonds. He sheathed his sword and pulled out a bright emerald ball. He let it fly into the air at Delton, exploding in great green sparks, throwing him into the air.

The lord laughed, vanishing in a gust of explosive fire.

Delton felt his temple, blood smearing his fingers. The shout of guards echoed in the distance, the green smoke bomb clearing from the air.

Lord Deathrock snapped a finger, and a giant net collapsed over Delton’s body in a trap.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Karim muttered something about small talk actually being fun before looking around for a weapon. He spotted what looked like a gold sword under a pile of coins. He tugged it out, and was about to go help Aleck, when something green flew through the air and exploded into Delton. Then a net fell, trapping him. That wasn’t good. Karim rushed over and started hacking at the net with his ‘sword’. Karim muttered something about gold being annoyingly soft, but at least it was making some progress. “You okay, delton?”

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@kari-karast

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,” Delton said, despite that annoying thick ropey net over his face.

As Karim set to hacking at the net, he caught of a glimpse of a dark shadow and sword being raised.

“Karim, watch out!” he yelled just as Deathrock let his sword slice through the air.

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Karim turned just in time to lunge away. Deathrock’s sword still caught his arm. Karim yelped and scrambled backwards in a half crabwalk, hand slipping on the coins. He cradled his hurt arm to his chest, eyes darting frantically around for a solution. Finally he just blasted a fireball at Deathrock’s face with his uninjured hand.

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

Deathrock flew back at the blast, collapsing onto a mound of golden coins. He growled something Delton couldn’t understand, summoning a red glowing bat. Delton didn’t know where it came from, but the second he looked back at the lord, Deahrock was gone.

Warden
            @nuetrobolt

“Well, he’s gone, so lets get out of here,” Aleck said. “It sounds like Spadewick has woken up, so we can use him as our get-away-vehicle.”

Aleck ran into the darkness without waiting for the others. “Spadewick! Wait until we’re all on, and then get out of here as fast as you can.”

He hopped onto the dragon’s back. “I hope Ash got out of here safely,” he thought.

Warden
            @nuetrobolt

@e_elaine_soup5 @bookcrazygirl @andrew, @kari-karast

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

Hi, all you writing peoples!

Sorry, I’ve not been on the Forum lately.

Tagging again: @nuetrobolt @e_elaine_soup5 @kari-karast @bookcrazygirl

Okay, where were we? Hmm. Aleck trying to run away with the rubies, they’re trying to free the slaves, they’re being attacked by Lord Deathrock… Alright, well, I’m back now.

Delton pried the rope off his face, struggling through the hole in the net where Karim had cut. He didn’t know where the evil Roman lord had vanished. He knew he wasn’t dead. Deathrock probably had some other little surprise awaiting them.

Just as he turned to leave with the group, several more glowing red bat swarmed the air. Their eyes sparkled in violent, baring their bloodsucking fangs.

He grabbed a crystal from the ground and threw it. The crystal splintered across the bat’s face, and then the bat shattered like glass and dust through the air.

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

Oh wait a minute, Aleck doesn’t have the rubies anymore, he gave them  to Ash. I forgot about that. Xd

The bats dived downward. Julius grumbled something, and slashed the bats in half with his sword as they transformed into bits of broken glass and dust.

“Alright, I guess we should get going now,” Delton said. “Quickly.”

They all rushed out of the room to Spadewick the dragon.

@nuetrobolt @kari-karast @bookcrazygirl @e_elaine_soup5

Just letting you know, since the Game of Characters is about done, all they need to do now is use the magical rubies’ powers to set free the slaves… right after we finish Lord Deathrock off.

Andrew Schmidt
                @andrew

@nuetrobolt @kari-karast @bookcrazygirl @e_elaine_soup5

“Aleck, is Spadewick big enough to fly us all out of here? Before that psycho lord comes chasing us?” Delton asked, glancing around. “Wait, where did Ash run off to? She has the rubies. Its magic will set the slaves free.”

“I don’t think so.” Lord Deathrock was deadly silent in the shadows. A blade appeared in his hands.

Spadewick the dragon let loose an angry burst of flames, tossing the lord through the air. Deathrock growled, and cast a javelin through the air. Missing Delton by mere inches.

“Come, let’s go!” Delton tried to not sound impatient.

“Cowards!” the evil lord shouted, his eyes full of hate. “You will never escape!”

Warden
                  @nuetrobolt

@andrew, sorry, I haven’t been on much either!

“I’m sure he can fit us all in a pinch. Come on!” Aleck threw a precious gem at a bat flying over his head, knocking it out of the air.

He ran through the darkness towards the dragon.

“Now where has Ash got to?”

@kari-karast @bookcrazygirl @e_elaine_soup5

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest