Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 736 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Schmidt 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 737 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim’s eyes widened. “Whoa.” He paused right before stepping intot he room. “What if it’s a trap?”

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

“Great! That was easy!” Aleck walked past the others and plucked the box of rubies of the pile, eagerly opening the glass lid to take out the sparkling gems. “Let’s get out of here!”

I'm Throne Warden of Emberia or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@kari-karast, apparently it wasn’t a trap, or my character would be dead right now. Unless its a different kind of trap.

@andrew, sorry, but I forgot to make my character be tormented much by the darkness. Aleck just isn’t the type to be scared of that.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

As soon as Aleck grabbed the precious box, a voice echoed through the room, “Who dare steal the magic rubies!”

They all froze.

A figure appeared, drawing a sword. For a moment, Delton couldn’t make out his face. But as he came closer, he discovered the mystery already. Of course, he should have been prepared for this.

Lord Deathrock was no easy game.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Karim’s eyes flared red as he stepped into the room. “Deathrock, I’m assuming. Your castle, right?” His right hand ignited. “Well, guess what, I’m not too big a fan of the decor!” He ran at Deathrock, shooting fireballs at Deathrock as he went. Halfway there, he slipped on a loose coin and fell. “Owww.” His headache returned to blast him with full force.

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

Aleck clutched the box of rubies and dashed past the others back into the darkness. The rubies let of a red glow in the darkness, illuminating his way.

“Spadewick! I need you! Where are you? You have to protect me! What would Master Ace say if he heard that you were letting me get hurt? Do you want to be sung about in ballads about how you rescued us so we could save the slaves? I know you do.”

He saw a puff of flame some distance off in the darkness, and behind it he saw the maker of the flame, Spadewick the dragon. He looked frightened.

“Oh. I’m dumb. Of course, he’s scared of the sparklies.” He turned back to the bright opening behind. “Delton, Karim, Ash, what’s-your-name, I need something to cover the rubies with or wrap it in. Fast, please.” Aleck tried tucking it into a fold of his shirt, but the glow shone right through.

“Who thought to make a dragon scared of shinies?” Aleck muttered. “Spadewick, this is enough.” He pulled a card out of his pocket and blue on it. The five hearts glowed a bright red. All the heart cardscales covering Spadewick began to glow, and the dragon took a hesitant step forward.

“Delton? Karim? I need it now!”

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Karim scrambled to his feet as Deathrock advance. Aleck’s voice filtered through Karim’s headache. He needed something to cover the rubies. A cloth. Basket. Anything. Karim backed up, looking around. After a second, he spotted an expensive looking silk scarf. He dived for it. He rolled to his feet, now grasping the cloth, and turned to Aleck. “Here!” He waved it before wadding it up and tossing it at Aleck. The scarf landed about a foot away from Aleck.

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

Aleck dove for the scarf and wrapped the rubies in it as many times as the scarf would allow.

“Come on, Spadewick,”

The dragon took a hesitating step toward aleck, but he was still unsure.

A soldier ran through the darkness towards him, and Aleck tried to use the power of the rubies on him. He couldn’t get it to work. Aleck shrugged, stuck the scarf and rubies under his arm, and attacked the soldier with his arm. A sword clipped Aleck’s shoulder from behind, but then it fell as the man crumpled from a backwards kick. Aleck knocked the other man to the ground, and immediately regretted it. If Spadewick thought he was about to die, he would come and save him. He had to let the soldiers overpower him. The next round was made up of four soldiers. Aleck fell to the ground before the first man’s sword even hit him.

The man stepped over him while two of the others held Aleck down. The man readied himself and brought his sword down. Spadewick was taking too long!

The man was dead on the ground, and Spadewick’s eager face filled the place where he had stood. He blasted flame at the other two, and tripped the last of that group with his tail. Aleck scrambled onto Spadewick’s back.

“Fly, Spadewick, fly!”

Spadewick lifted off the ground and smashed into the ceiling.

“I meant flee.” Aleck laughed nervously. “But first get the others. Actually, no. We can’t. There’s soldiers with bows there. We’ll never escape. They’ll have to understand. I hate having to do this, but this was the plan all along, ‘Get their help with getting the rubies, and then claim them for yourself. I never thought that it would be so hard, that I’d become such friends with them.’ Sorry, Spadewick. Ignore that. Just get me out of here back the way we came, into that museum room.”

Spadewick started to run through the darkness in the direction Aleck had pointed him in. An arrow whistled past Aleck followed by another. Shouts filled the darkness as dozens of well-equipped soldiers streamed into the darkness behind them. That’s when Spadewick really ran.

Sorry, @andrew, @kari-karast, @everyone. Sorry for abandoning you all, but that’s what Aleck would do. Blame him.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

Delton’s eyes flared. Aleck would abandon them? Was he trying to get the rubies to safety and then come back and help free the slaves, or was he being a complete coward?

“Aleck, stop!” he shouted, as dozens of soldiers surrounded him.

Lord Deathrock laughed. “You think it is this easy?”

But before Spadewick could even take flight, one of the evil lord’s Roman soldiers blew a sleep dart swooshing through the air. The dart pierced the dragons neck, and immediately Spadewick crumbled to the surface asleep. Aleck, still clinging to the rubies, was merely surrounded.

“I’ll have those back, please,” Lord Deathrock said with a smile, eyeing the rubies.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @e_elaine_soup5 @everyone-who-is-playing-this-game

Warden
          @nuetrobolt

Aleck jumped off as Spadewick fell.

“You’d better not be dead.”

Aleck was mad at this development, but he was a little bit glad, because he hadn’t like the idea of abandoning the others.

Warden
          @nuetrobolt

@andrew, @kari-karast

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Warden.

Warden
          @nuetrobolt

@e_elaine_soup5 @bookcrazygirl

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Karim exhaled loudly. “You’re really starting to get annoying, you know,” he told Deathrock, making a face. Karim smacked the side of his head with his fist to try to rid himself of the headache–failing–then scooped up a handful of coins and flung them, throwing star style, at Deathrock. “Call your soldiers off of Aleck!”

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

Lord Deathrock stepped forward, his magnificent crimson cloak drifting behind him. His golden armor shimmered as he drew out his sword, the handle black as night and the blade red as blood. His black eyes darted to one of the people (Karim) and then toward his weapon.

“Oh, did you say something?” He smiled mockingly. “I hope you weren’t planning your last words, because those words would have been awful.”

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 737 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest