Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@bookcrazygirl @andrew @kari-karast @e_elaine_soup5 @shadowwriter161

Aleck couldn’t resist questioning Julius further. “But if you don’t live here, then how do you usually know? Do you have some connection with Deathrock, because we could really use that, I think.”

“Oh, and everyone, meet Spadewick the dragon. He’s harmless.” Aleck looked at Rei. “Infrared means you can see in the dark, right? Or am I just confused like usual. I wish I had my dictionary here. This is so embarrassing. But, if that is what it does, then can I have some too? Cause this place is pretty dark. How come Delton’s so lucky?”

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Warden.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@andrew

Tormented in the darkness? Does that mean the dark can show illusions?

Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast: Its just more the chilling presence the darkness brings forth; magic and stuff, and creepy voices that whisper in your ears. So, I guess if you wanted, there could be illusions. That all clear?

“I am in a high position,” Julius replied, “and I have been here many years. Waiting for the day that heroes would descend… well, out of nowhere, and defeat the evil Lord Deathrock once and for all. And those heroes are you by the way. It was a prophecy.”

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

“And being here for so long,” Julius added, “I know much of the locations in this castle.”

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@andrew Yep! Makes sense! *cackles evilly*

Karim whipped his head around so he was staring at what he thought was Julius’ vague outline. “A prophecy?” That didn’t make sense. It was impossible for him to be in a prophecy, wasn’t it?

Warden
        @nuetrobolt

Oh hurray, another prophecy and more ‘chosen ones’. Sorry, but my character can’t help defeat him if it means he’s fulfilling a prophecy. Because, I mean that happens in every book. Just kidding, but I really do hate prophecies and chosen ones (yet there are both in my book).

“Me – prophecy? You’re crazy!” Aleck stared through the darkness trying to see the others. He wished he had eaten more carrots in his life. Where was Vumplestiltskin with his carrots when he needed him?”

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

XD @nuetrobolt That’s funny bc it’s impossible for Karim to be a part of a prophecy that’s not from his home world. Which could make this… interesting. *rubs hands together gleefully*

Knowledgeful Butterfly
        @e_elaine_soup5

Rei doesn’t give a lick who is in a prophecy or not

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Alaia Ballantyne
        @mckinley

I have some rude characters who wish to barge in late. Would somebody mind bringing me up to speed, if I haven’t already missed too much?

I believe I’ll bring Ember at least… she’s a blonde haired, creative minded, somewhere-between-16-and-19 year old who doesn’t mind a fight but would rather be protected, although she won’t admit it.

I may also bring one of her sisters… Charlotte (Char for short). She’s a spunky, excitable and rather rebellious young girl. There will be no stopping her adventures, and she will drag anyone in reach in after her.

Also, a small warning. I get so lost in these. (Ask anyone who was in that last big roleplay thing we did.) I will try to keep up but may require some updates on what on earth I missed. 🙂

ENFP | I should be writing...

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@mckinley

So, basically they’re about to enter the ruby room which is where the giant “boss” showdown will take place and the entire thing will come to a conclusion.

Alaia Ballantyne
        @mckinley

@kari-karast

Then maybe I’m a bit late XD. I’ll stay out of this one. Thanks, though 🙂

ENFP | I should be writing...

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@mckinley

Okay. Perhaps another time, then!

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

The hall was full of blackness, with that haunting ghost-like light that seemed to be grinning down on them from above. In the darkness, magic snapped and popped, sending horrible sounds into their heads. The sound of bloodthirsty cannibal Indians, the roar of mythical werewolves, the hissing of a hundred reticulated pythons, and more.

Images flashed in Delton’s minds. He could picture a giant black hand coming down and plucking him from the ground in the darkness. He was exploding, silently, in fear.

Screeches and cackles, made by the magic, was also sent through the air. This hall was as creepy as it gets, and Lord Deathrock had probably invented it to scare people away.

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

Even Delton’s hallucinations, symptoms of his Alsunzer syndrome, wasn’t as bad as this evil hall. Finally, with a lot of creepy torment and voices, they made it to the door at the end of the hall.

Julius cleared his throat, grabbed the doorknob, black with an interesting design on it. He attempted to open it, but it was locked. Of course.

It just had to be locked; and let’s guess, there’s some little special key to go with it, Delton was silently thinking in his head.

“So, how’re we going to get into Dreathrock’s treasure room and steal his rubies? Are ya planning on using a key, or simply destroying the door itself?” Delton asked.

Julius smiled. “Well, what do you think? We don’t have a key, do we?” He grabbed a strange aqua-blue, glass-like, glowing stone from his pocket. “I grabbed this at our recent stop at the relic room. I though it would be handy.”

He tossed it towards the door. The glowing stone stuck to the door like slime, then suddenly, with flash of blue fire, exploded. The door collapsed.

And there, in front of all of them, in the center of the treasure, were the rubies in a box.

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

The sight was glorious.

Treasure and gold filled the room. The walls were crimson and the floor silver. The rubies glimmered red in the fancy, black-stone box.

Delton was thrilled. There were a lot of rubies in that box, each one worth a fortune.

But he was not a greedy person. And they still had all the slaves to free and an evil lord to bring to justice.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 737 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest