Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 700 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Warden 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 701 total)
  • Author

Warden
    @nuetrobolt

@andrew @bookcrazygirl @kari-karast @e_elaine_soup5

“The wall’s open. You just have to walk through. We won’t be able to close it behind us, but who cares. At least we’ll be out,” Aleck said to Julius.

Aleck walked through the opening and into the hall. Then he turned and called back. “See? Its that easy! Come on, everyone.”

Aleck turned and started walking down the hall, glad to be out of the dim and dangerous maze. There wouldn’t be any monsters to threaten them anymore. Only guards and slaves. Not that slaves were threatening.

I'm Throne Warden of Emberia or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@bookcrazygirl How are you pronouncing Karim’s name?

Karim leant on Ash for support. He felt slightly bad about needing a 10 year old’s help, but it’d be fine. Hopefully. He also thought she’d called him ‘carrots’ but decided he’d hallucinated that. When they made it out of the maze, he stumbled off of Ashley and leaned against the wall.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Delton, the two torn halves of the map once again in his hands, joined Aleck. He thought they would be rooms and rooms more but… to his startled surprise, he realized they were only a room away from the ruby room.

A room away…

But the room he was in now? He narrowed his eyes, making out a museum in a luxurious wooden room.

Julius joined him. “Where did this come from? I never knew of this.”

Lanterns lit the dark room. Statues and relics lingered about. Paintings of mythology and dangerous monsters and dragons and ancient legends filled the walls. Jars of glowing and colorful liquids lay on a table; labeled “spells,” “potions,” and on and on.

Julius’s gaze snapped to a glass cage. A komodo dragon lay behind the sheet of glass, deadlier than ever. Mystical flowers laid in vases, ancient books and maps and more in shelves, with dozens of weapons. A knight’s armor lay there, a skeleton of a human being there, and even a jar of blood of there.

Delton had never seen such a room of relics.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
      @e_elaine_soup5

Rei gave a squeak when she witnessed the room she was in.

Oh my gosh!” She squealed in Japanese, her voice rising in excitement. Flying over to the komodo dragon, she tapped the glass, cooing. Skipping over to the flowers, she hummed to them, lifting the plants from their wilted state with a touch.

moving over to the armor, Rei dragged her claws against the empty metal, making light tinging sounds.

“Guys!” she said, whipping around to address them in English, “This is a magiks room!”

They looked at her blankly and Rei’s ears drooped. She ran her tongue over her sharp canines and reached over quickly to grab Delton’s arm.

“Watch,” she said, trying to prove her point by taking down a jar of swirling blue liquid that looked like it had silt going through it. Also grabbing a snake’s shed skin, she poured a little of the liquid into a nearby mortar and pestle, “This is the saliva of a basilisk, and the skin of pit viper,” she said, dropping the skin into the mortar and crushing and mixing it with the pestle. Rei kept going until it was a slightly gooey mix, then turned to Delton.

“This won’t hurt, but it will tingle a little as the mixture dries,” she told him and Delton stood, stock still as if him moving would mess up the spell. Rei spread it over his eyelids, then stepped back, “You should be able to see infrared like snakes now.”

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

@e_elaine_soup5, you can’t control @andrew‘s character!

“Wow, what a weird room.” Aleck walked over to the suit of armor and wrenched the sword out of its hand. “There. Now I’ve got a weapon again.” He looked over at Rei. “What on earth, or wherever we are, are you doing?”

Suddenly, a strong wind blew through the room, strange, since they were inside. The wall behind Aleck glowed red hot for a few seconds and then crumbled into ash.

Spadewick the dragon shook himself of the ash and stepped into the room.

Aleck turned around at the sound and stared at the scene in shock.

“What is going on?”

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

Spadewick yelped at the sight of the glittering suit of armor, and moved to the other side of the room.

“Hey, Julius,” Aleck said, ignoring the dragon. “I was just thinking about what you said earlier about not knowing about this room. Why would you know about it? Do you live here or something?”

Brooke
      @bookcrazygirl

Ash looked around, touching everything. “Oooo, look at all the pretties, can I have one?”

—————–

@kari-karast  Um, in my head it’s Car-im but I’m prob gonna have Ash call him carrots cause that’s totally what she would do. XD

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

ShadowWriter161
      @shadowwriter161

Can I join in?

Brooke
        @bookcrazygirl

Of course!!!

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@bookcrazygirl Ah… it’s actually kuh-reem. (please don’t start making ice cream jokes like my irl friend did/does XD)

@shadowwriter161 Sure! I think we’re gearing up for a big finale, but go ahead!

Karim shook his head, trying to clear it. “Why…” he muttered, mostly to himself. He sincerely hoped he was hallucinating and that wasn’t another dragon. At least he could grab a weapon if he needed to.

Brooke
        @bookcrazygirl

@kari-karast 😉  don’t worry, I’ll save that for sundae not today. *giggles hysterically* get it, sundae, someday *clears throat* Sorry, couldn’t resist XD. Btw, who’s writing for Julius?

———————-

Ash looked up. “Oh there’s another dragon?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. “Seriously, whoever designed these defenses obviously has no imagination. I mean, I could have done wayyyyy better.”

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@bookcrazygirl, I am doing Julius.

“Well,” Julius was replying to Aleck, “its just I usually know a lot and where things are in this place, but obviously not this one. You never know what Deathrock might come up with.”

“Like infrared snakes?” Delton said suddenly, after having Rei spread it all over his eyelids. “Interesting.”

“People, this place is really cool, but we need to get to the ruby room. Before Lord Deathrock does. Its not that far away,” said Julius.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@bookcrazygirl @nuetrobolt @kari-karast @e_elaine_soup5 @shadowwriter161

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

@bookcrazygirl when I actually thought you meant Sunday instead of someday… XD

Karim nodded. “Good plan.” No one else really seemed to have noticed the dragon, so he must be hallucinating it. Even though he’d never hallucinated during a concussion before. Or did he have a concussion? Maybe he was just going insane. Either way, it’d be best to get to the ruby room as soon as possible. He carefully walked over to a shelf with weapons laying on it and grabbed a sword. “Let’s go.”

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

The entire group, once thoroughly examining the room, moved on as they were told. A black door, the exit, led them to a dark hall, dark as night itself. Only a ghostly pale light flickered in the darkness.

Delton didn’t know what it was, but there was something about the darkness, and how it hissed in his ears like snakes, that sent chills down his back.

@bookcrazygirl @nuetrobolt @kari-karast @e_elaine_soup5 @shadowwriter161

Just so you guys know, the climax is coming up right here real fast. Right after all these characters are tormented in the darkness (sorry, characters!) they will be entering the ruby room. Hurray! Finally, the end is coming up, and soon the greatest battle will be fought. But Lord Deathrock will not let his rubies be taken so easily, and he is pure evil.

Okay, anyway, I’m just telling you… because you need to know.

Happy writing!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 701 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest