Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 656 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Schmidt 10 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 657 total)
  • Author

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

“So,” Rei said in a shaky voice, her accent heavier, “Where do we go now?”

she was trying so hard to stay standing that Rei was pretty sure her claws were digging into Delton’s arm.

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(*has no idea where they are but is just gonna go with it*)

Karim looked at Rei worriedly. “You sure you can make it?”

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Rei nodded uncomfortably.

“Turning to other forms is really, um, uncomfortable,” she explained, “But if  I wait a little, I’ll be fine. Since i’m a demon, it takes a little more than that kill me.”

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim was still concerned, but he’d seen enough stuff over the years to believe Rei. “If you’re sure.”

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

She nodded, standing up straighter, but still holding onto Delton’s arm.

“Now, how do we get to this Lord Deathrock person?”

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

“Same as before,” Delton paused between his words, “after we escape this maze, we will be going to the room where the box of magical rubies is contained. Deathrock, I bet, will be sure to meet us there. But if we work together, we can take him down. Now, before all that, we need to find a way to get out of this maze.”

Julius cleared his throat. “Wait a minute!?” He put his fingers to his temples. “How could I forget! Deathrock’s famous little shortcut!”

Just then, to their all not-so-surprise, they were met by another monster. But not just one monster, but three. One was a gigantic carnivorous Venus flytrap, snapping at the air. One was a huge red dragon. And one was an ice giant.

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. My favorite animal in Indiana: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
      @e_elaine_soup5

Rei’s death grip on Delton’s arm dropped and her teeth poked out of her lips and her ears pointed back on her head.

her predatory instincts were kicking in.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

Julius  swung his sword through the air, piercing the ice giant’s chest. The ice giant collapsed instantly to the floor, blue liquid (water) running out of its chest. Before melting into a little pool.

The Venus flytrap growled, snapping at the air. Delton cast a glance at the dragon, taking a step back.

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. My favorite animal in Indiana: Red Fox.

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@kari-karast @neutrobolt @introverted-elf @e_elaine_soup5 @everyone

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Karim grimaced. Not only was his staff still gone, but he couldn’t use his powers much more or he’d collapse. At least being fireproof didn’t really take any energy. He at the dragon. The dragon roared and unleashed a barrage of swirling flame from its fanged mouth. Karim went straight through the inferno. When it died out, Karim was only a few feet away from the dragon. The dragon made a “meep” sound and lurched backwards, obviously surprised it hadn’t roasted Karim. Karim smirked, then realized he hadn’t thought his plan through. He had no way of hurting the dragon. Oh, kadrikan kals, was all he had time to think before the dragon’s tail swept into him and flung him into the nearest wall.

Joseph Brink
          @nuetrobolt

Aleck was glad at least something was happening he could help in, and that there was hope for a shortcut.

He ran at the giant carnivorous plant, which moved by dragging pulling itself forward slowing on its tentacle-like roots. Aleck swung his sword, only barely scratching the plants bark-like skin. Aleck jumped back away from the gaping mouth and was tripped by a long tentacle-like root. He slashed it off with his sword, but it kept wriggling in a disgusting way. Aleck slashed at the roots, cutting a whole ton off, but they all kept wriggling around and inching their way forward on the ground. The monstrous mouth lunged down at Aleck, but he drove his sword straight into it. It pierced out the back, and the mouth snapped shut on the sword, resulting in a tug-of-war over the sword. The plant pushed Aleck over, hopped on him, swallowed up the sword completely, and digested it. It leaned over Aleck and stretched its mouth open wide. The mouth kept stretching wider and wider, and when it was nearly as wide open as Aleck was tall, he shoved his hand that was free from the wriggling tentacles into his pocket, hoping to find anything that could help him. Cards spilled out everywhere around him, and in a final act of desperation, he stabbed one card at the stem like neck. The card floated out of his hand, and began spinning in the air like a ninja star as it floated to his other hand. He positioned his hands on either side of the stem, and the spinning card passed cleanly through the neck, cutting it in half. The mouth, no longer supported by the stem, fell forward onto Aleck’s body, which it had been leaning over. The mouth was clearly still alive, and it started to close, but Aleck bent his legs into it, and pushed on the lower jaw with his feet while he pushed with his arms outstretched above his head on the upper jaw. The jaw buckled slightly once or twice, and then, it suddenly gave in to the pressure, and Aleck found himself folding the jaw backwards and inside out. Aleck jumped back and watched as the mouth tried to go back to normal, but it couldn’t. It kept wriggling around on the floor, though. Aleck stuck his  arm out over the cards, and they flew like metal shavings to a magnet and stuck to his hand. Aleck shoved them back in his pocket.

This fight hadn’t taken long, and Aleck could see the others were still dealing with the other two monsters.

I'm J. S. Brink, Throne Warden of Emberia, or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

The ice giant and carnivorous plant were defeated, but the dragon not so. Delton, eyeing his cool bluish sword, drove the point of the blade to the dragon’s neck. But the dragon dodged the blow, tripping him in a wild whip of its tail.

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

The dragon pressed a gigantic black claw over Delton’s body. He reached for the sword. Then, struck at the dragon’s foot. It let out a mighty growl, removing its claw and glowering at him with a pair of fierce green eyes.

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @e_elaine_soup5

Any of you interested in having your character defeat the dragon? If not, then I’ll just have Julius do the deed. Xd

E. Veryone
                @e_elaine_soup5

Rei gave a small growl that rumbled in her chest and attacked the dragon, spinning in the air with her claws out and white hair flying. The dragon dodged and turned his attention back at Rei. She barked shortly and attacked, flying at him.

It breathed fire right at her, but Rei came out if it without a burn, wielding her claws at it’s eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 657 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest