Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 656 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Schmidt 10 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 657 total)
  • Author

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

That child would not ride on me. I turned on her and raised my lips. The little girl skittered away, and I yipped at her, licking the girl’s face, then grabbed the hem of her shirt to tug her to the rest of the group.

I didn’t want her to be hurt.

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Brooke
    @bookcrazygirl

Sooo, are we trying to find Lord Deathrock now?

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Yep 🙂

Joseph Brink
    @nuetrobolt

“Why does Deathrock have a cathedral in his palace, and what’s with the fox? I am so confused!” Aleck looked around him. “This hall looks like it would lead to the grand treasure room. It is the widest hall in this place, and all the other halls seem to lead onto it. I betcha we just follow this red carpet. Too bad things aren’t usually that easy.”

I'm J. S. Brink, Throne Warden of Emberia, or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Aleck was complaining, and Rei was getting sick of it. She padded over to him, her nails clicking on the marble floors. She nipped at his ankles and growled.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Delton cast a glance down at the fox. Aggressive little thing, he thought.

Julius continued forward. “This door right here.”

Suddenly, a giant bloodsucking mosquito landed on the floor.

Julius swung his sword through the air, slicing the insect’s head off. Delton’s nose crinkled. That was gross.

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. My favorite animal in Indiana: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
      @e_elaine_soup5

A bit of blood splattered on the ground near Rei’s paw. She skittered away, bumping into Delton. Gross. 

I don’t want any of that in my fur. 

But it was all around her, and she couldn’t jump over it. She whined a bit, backing into Delton, one paw up to doge the blood.

Brooke
      @bookcrazygirl

Ash whimpered and pressed closer to Karim.  She didn’t like this anymore.  It had seemed like a game, now it was just scary. She wanted to go home.

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

Delton studied Rei, whom seemed horrified at the idea of splattering her pure white fur in blood. In one swift movement, he tucked the fox up under his arm real quick and stomped across the blood. Then gently settled the fox back on the ground. Away from all the blood.

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. My favorite animal in Indiana: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
        @e_elaine_soup5

Rei barked up at Delton, thanking him. She rubbed her head on his jeans and bit down on her Haori, trying not to drag it through the blood. Delton helped her again and picked it up and over the grossness. Rei yipped again, but it was cut short with a strangled cry.

Her bones clicked and her muscles tore. She was turning back into a human.

It was a painful ordeal, resizing her body into a human from such a small form, but it was faster than vice versa. Her body spasmed and she felt hands gripping her arms, keeping her from hurting herself.

“Get my haori,” she managed to strangle out before her fur fully receded, and she slipped the coat over her back and tied it over her waist. Rei opened her eyes to see Karim, Ash, and Delton bending over her.

“I’m okay,” she rasped, sitting up, “I just need my weapons.”

Ash ran off and came back with her dagger belt and sheathed short sword. Rei grabbed Delton’s arm and heaved herself up. Her knees almost gave out and she was left gripping onto Delton’s arm as she attempted to regain her footing

Joseph Brink
        @nuetrobolt

@andrew, @kari-karast @e_elaine_soup5 @bookcrazygirl, I am really confused. Are we still in the maze?

I'm J. S. Brink, Throne Warden of Emberia, or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@nuetrobolt: yes, we’re still in the maze. Its just… there are a lot of doors, which lead to different places in the maze. That make sense?

Joseph Brink
          @nuetrobolt

@andrew, yes, that makes sense. Why aren’t we going through the doors? Or are we?

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

Well, there are numerous doors they are going through. There’s more than one door… Okay? That answer your question?

E. Veryone
            @e_elaine_soup5

can someone just write something?

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 657 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest