Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 692 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 5 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 693 total)
  • Author

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Delton rubbed his brow. “That serpent, Fate, was one of Lord Deathrock’s favorite pets.”

Lord Deathrock jammed his blade into a soldier’s abdomen.

“Weaklings,” he spat. “Soldiers, I am sensing disorder. It appears, somehow, that Fate has strangely disappeared.”

He cast a glance down at the red stone in his hand, which had stopped glowing ever since his pet serpent vanished.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
      @e_elaine_soup5

Rei nodded in acknowledgement, but as soon as she did, a huge pain slammed into her stomach. She let out a slight “ugh” as she fell backwards onto the floor.

“someone much stronger than me is here,” she whispered dully, “that cannot be good.”

——

guys, she knows nobody’s names I cant just keep calling them “man with dark hair and red leather jacket” or “little girl with brown hair” or “man with sandy hair and a scar–strangely looks like Finnick” or “man with no appearance–hard to explain”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  E. Veryone.

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

(I’ll see if I can find a good spot to tell the names. Also, who’s Finnick?)

Karim went over and helped Rei to her feet. “Stronger? Okay, things just got worse then.” He made a face. “We can do it though.” I hope.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Brooke
      @bookcrazygirl

Ash stomped her foot. “You guys have been arguing for hours. Can’t you guys go beat the bad guys so we can be done with this.  Plus, I’m hungry.”  They ignored her. She crossed her arms and stomped away in a huff. Fine. She would do it on her own. However, someone grabbed ahold of her arm and started dragging her back. “Let me go!” She shouted , kicking and flailing about.

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

Julius  sighed. “It will be sometime in the maze here… who knows, it might even take all night, though I seriously doubt that. Not to mention the monsters.” He cast a glance at the little girl struggling to free herself, then toward the other one (Rei). “And what is your name?”

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Karim knelt down and put his hands on the little girl’s shoulders, meeting her eyes. “Look, I’m just as ready to get out of here as you are, but we have to work together. As a team. Otherwise bad things will happen. Trust me, I know.” She reminded him of himself at her age, which wasn’t a good thing in this situation.

E. Veryone
        @e_elaine_soup5

“I’m Rei,” she said at the new man, “And I agree with Karim, Ash, you should stay with us.”

Introverted Elf
        @introverted-elf

*coffin door creaks open and a dust-covered phantom figure stumbles out and collapses to the ground, sending the dust floating everywhere.  Figure looks up at a group of writers, who are staring back with shocked expressions, and nervously scratches the back of her head, rising back to her feet.*  “Oh, hey, there guys.  Long time no see, huh?” 😛  Yeah, so I have definitely not been on in EONS so…sorry about that and the whole storyline that my character is involved in.  Oops.  Kinda got caught up in stuff and haven’t had a whole lot of time to get on here.  But I should have more time from now on. 😀

So…how would you like me to inconspicuously wedge myself back into the story? Shall I just continue with the story I’m already in from where it last started? Or is there another plan?

@kari-karast  @andrew  @everyone-else-to-whom-this-concerns

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

@the-introverted-elf

Actually, I don’t think too much happened in your area of the story since you left, so… go ahead.

“I am so confused? Where are we?” Aleck asked.

I'm Throne Warden of Emberia or Nuetrobolt. I write with my tiny dragon, Vip.

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

“the snake, fate, was a golem, and I just took the amulet holding it together,” Rei said.

Brooke
          @bookcrazygirl

Ash crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. She could defeat the monster, she just need a weapon. “Does anyone have a dagger I can use?” She asked. All she got were blank looks. “I mean, I could do with a sword or gun on short notice, but I really love daggers, I left my favorite one at home.”

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

“I have one, kit,” Rei said, taking a dagger out of the long sheath on her belt. This one was shaped like a throwing star with a long point and two secondary points surrounding it. The cloth that wrapped the hilt was worn and old. That was one of Rei’s first daggers, and she new Ash would like it. the strips of leather hanging from the metal loop on the hilt swished as the small girl took the dagger.

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

Delton closed his eyes for a moment. “Seriously, I would not be surprised if I spotted yet another monster.”

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

Elaine, so… it’s a sai?

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 693 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest