Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 700 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Warden 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 701 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim raised an eyebrow. “As in… cast out evil spirits exorcised?” Interesting.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

Rei gave a satisfied nod at the man. She could play the priestess role. A few hand motions here, an exorcism slip there and no one would be the wiser to her real powers.

“A friend taught me,” I winced again. Why did I have to keep remembering people that were gone to me now? Shaking my head, I calmly placed my hands back into my sleeves. Forget the past world, Rei. Forget it and you can move on.

She pushed out a big breath and lifted her head to look at the man with the red jacket and black hair. He was an odd one. There was a strange energy coming from him, and Rei always knew when she jumped through storylines there was always that one person. That one. Sophie, Percy, Scarlet, Ruby, Lucy, Katniss, even Macbeth. But the other guy had some weird thing with that scar and the girl had a protective aura hovering over her. and that last one. He had faded back into the woodwork, not speaking like the dark haired one, but also fading in her memory.

No one fades from my memory. Her keen all-white eyes watched him intently, though he probably didn’t know. Rei had to keep an eye on this kid.

“So,” she started, hating the accent she had almost gotten out of her voice, “Where are we?”

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(*gasps and dies at the references*)

Karim glanced around. “Deathrock’s castle place. In a maze. With monsters. Trying to kill us.” He almost added a joke on the end but decided against it.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Something skulked in the darkness.

Delton felt chills covering his arms. “Wow, whomever designed all these monsters must’ve been very creative…”

A screech. A scratch. Another skulk.

A slim, green serpent eyed them from above. It flickering a pink forked tongue, revealing layers and layers of teeth, its eyes like venomous and red. It let out a hiss, “Travelers, is it not?”

Delton narrowed his eyes. “That thing can talk?”

“Of course I can. Of course. In fact, I am very dear and beloved by the great Lord Deathrock himself.” The serpent, that was as long as the entire maze itself, grinned. “And he gave me the best name in the world: Fate.”

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
      @e_elaine_soup5

Rei’s eyes widened.

She could not make this one go away as fast as she had the other one, but she could fight it. reaching her hand behind her to fumble with the knot on her Obi, Rei quickly unraveled it from her stomach and let her awase fall.

Her hunting armor was underneath. It was a sturdy tighter, all-bodied tunic with a belt around the waist for her swords and armor on her shoulders, elbows and knees. Rei swept up her white hair into a messier bun than she would have liked, but the huge snake was still there.

“I cannot exorcise you, monster,” she called out, still playing the priestess card, but she could tell none of them really believed it. Well, lets try warrior, then. 

Rei charged the beast, claws out with a soft shhk. 

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

(*unintelligible shrieking* JORMUNGANDR)

Karim muttered something to himself and reached for his staff, only to remember it was on the floor of the other room. “Kadrikan kals!” He backed up, and then threw a fireball directly at the serpent’s eyes.

E. Veryone
      @e_elaine_soup5

(EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!)

Rei watched as the fireball erupted from the sandy haired boy’s hand and crash into the serpent. Aha! that’s what I felt in him! 

Rei didn’t stop her charge, though. She dug her claws into the meaty flesh of the villain and found that, when cut, it crumbled down to dust. Her smirk widened even more, showing the gleaming tips of her very sharp canines. This was a ground demon. A golem, if you will, and a golem always had something in the middle holding it together. An amulet.

but, to get to the amulet, Rei had to use her powers. There was a millisecond in her mind of arguing, but golem amulets were expensive and rare, and Rei would just love to have one.

With a flick of her hands, she stopped a second explosion of fire and the advances of the others. Straining her hands to go out as wide as thy could, Rei enveloped the serpent in a cocoon of foxfire, then, as if digging her claws into some poor prey, she clasped her hands together and wrenched them apart quickly.

dirt rained down on the group, and, in Rei’s outstretched hand, there was a serpent made of bone. the amulet. 

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

@e_elaine_soup5: Wait, did you just kill the serpent? Or did you wound it? I’m just trying to make sure…

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

E. Veryone
        @e_elaine_soup5

yes and no, Rei has the amulet for the golem, so nothing is animating the clay, but, if she puts the amulet in something else or magics it up, it will come alive

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@e_elaine_soup5: So basically she just turned the serpent into bone, but can still bring it back to life with her magic? That correct? 🙂

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

yes, exactly 🙂

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Karim gaped at Rei. “How did you do that??”

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

Rei cringed, relaxing her fingers and letting her claws retract into the. She had gone a little bit overboard with that attack, and her brain was beginning to fuzz with the exertion.

“I’m a fox, one half Kitsune and the other Native American fox spirit,” she wheezed, a hand on her chest, “melting pot of powers. Too much at one time,” Rei’s voice became a low rasp now. She tucked the bone snake into her armor before she started to pitch forwards.

a hand came at the neck of her tunic and she was pulled back up easily. It was that dark haired boy with the red leather jacket. Rei had to stay away from that one because they always met demise when she was around. She was a catalyst for disaster, at least that’s what her old sensei said before he kicked her out.

She skittered away, back to her awase. bending down, Rei grabbed the haori off the top of the layers and wrapped it around herself, trying to tamp down the shakes that came over her when she overexerted herself.

turning, Rei found every person looking at her.

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

“Are you okay?” Karim fidgeted a little. He could tell Rei had used too much power. It was like when he did the same, well, similar.

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

Rei nodded, pushing the stray hairs from her face. Her concealment magic was straining, and, if she kept trying to continue it, she knew she would pass out.

“I have to cancel my other spells so I can recover,” she explained, peeking up at them, “I’ll look different.”

the man with the blonde hair shrugged, “It cant be too different.”

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 701 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest