Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 612 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Throne Warden of Emberia 16 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 613 total)
  • Author

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@bookcrazygirl, wherever is best for character. I don’t mind really where… Your choice. 😀

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Current animal on research: Macaws.

Brooke
      @bookcrazygirl

Okay, so my character will just be waiting in the door to the left.  I added her to the doc.

————————–

Ash was scared.  First, she had been moved to this scary place and she couldn’t find her big brother anywhere.  Then she found a room with creepy monsters.  Luckily, she found this door and escaped.  She was on the floor, hugging her knees, and trying hard not to cry.  Then the door flew open and someone ran in.  Ash jumped to her feet.  Usually she would choose flight in this situation, but as there was nowhere to go, she chose fight.  She rushed the figure with her favorite knife, hping she would scare him enough so she could pass.

————-

She’s not very good with attacking, so he can easily grab her 😉

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Karim nodded and ran through the left door, forgetting that his staff was still on the floor as he went. A few seconds after he entered the new room, he realized someone was running at him, he grabbed the person’s arm when they got to close. The hand of which… contained a knife. “Hey! Who are you?”

Karim lit his free hand on fire, keeping it well away from the person. It was… a little girl…

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

Delton narrowed his eyes, studying the girl. “Oh…”

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Current animal on research: Macaws.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@bookcrazygirl

Helloooo?

Brooke
        @bookcrazygirl

Oof.  Sorry guys, I’ve been super busy lately.

—————————————-

Ash kicked at the man holding her.  “Let me go!” she yelled.  “I’m not good to eat.  And I’ll kick your stomach and give you a bellyache.”

I am a writer. If I seem cold, it's because I am surrounded by drafts. -Unknown Author

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

It’s fine. I was just wondering if you’d forgotten or something. 🙂

Karim blinked. She thought he was going to eat her??? “I’m not a cannibal.” He let go of her and took a step back, but kept his hand alight.

@kari-karast @andrew

Yikes, this is getting dusty. Its not over yet!

Suddenly a huge octopus – or something like an octopus – burst into the room and sprayed ink everywhere.  Aleck threw his arms up to shield himself from the sticky ink, and his arms were covered with the sticky substance.

"Hurry! Reading is fun!" Jinto Queb
        "Words are fires. Use them wisely." Vip, my tiny dragon

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

Delton clenched his knuckles. How many monsters were there?! He should get a piece of paper and start checking all the monsters he’s seen off.

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

Hi, yeah, I haven’t been in this group so much and i’m sorry

taking crys out, if you don’t mind, and putting in another one of my characters, Rei–a kitsune

She’s got white, stick straight hair and is willowy but not tall. Sometimes her fox ears show up, but not all the time, only when she’s mad. Her eyes are also white, along with the pupil (like she’s blind, but she’s not)

and i would like it if you’d explain what’s happening?

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Well, the area Crys was in basically died.

Everyone else is together in a maze with giant monsters.

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

Rei jumped through her portal, nine tails swishing and tall ears pricked. She was in some sort of maze with tall and thick walls, and, as Rei walked around, her traditional Japanese clothing swishing. The small portal zipped closed behind her and Rei snapped her fingers, the ring shimmering slightly, but the new portal didn’t arrive.

“Ugh, come on,” she groaned, “I need to get back to Kagome and Shippo!”

But a crash came and caused Rei to whip around and bear her teeth and claws with a soft <i>shhk</i>. It was three men and a little girl running away from what seemed to be a huge octopus. Rei tilted her head, making her ears and tails disappear in a puff of smoke, then splayed out her hands, then wrinkled her forehead in concentration.

The octopus crumbled to the ground in rubble. The group screeched to a halt and stared at her. The little girl, about ten, looked up at Rei with wide eyes.

“Hello lady, where did you come from?” she asked her chest rising and falling steadily from the exertion of running. Rei raised a perfectly trimmed eyebrow, wrapping her arms against her waist and tucking her hands inside her large sleeves. Her hand brushed the rings of beads and exorcism slips and ink and brush that was tucked away in the pockets of her wide sleeves, and Rei looked down at the girl.

“I came from ancient china with a couple of friends, but my portal seems to have locked out,” she said, trying to clear out her Japanese accent from her voice, “My name is Rei, what is yours?”

——————

(rn, Rei is wearing traditional layers of a geisha’s kimono and the makeup with it as well.

also, can you describe your characters to me when you post them?)

Brooke
          @bookcrazygirl

Ash crossed her arms amd didnt respomd to the weird laxy. She had bigger problems. She turned to the man who made her come with him. “I don’t want to come with you,” she said, stomping her foot. “I can handle the monsters on my own, I’m not a baby, I’m almost ten.”

———————-

She’s talking to Karim btw

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

I think everyone’s on the Doc, Elaine.

Karim glanced at the new lady then back down at the little girl, keeping Rei in the corner of his vision, just in case. He smiled gently down at the girl. “I know you’re not a baby, but it’s better to stick together because of the monsters.” Speaking of which… he looked back at Rei. “How’d you do that? With the octopus, I mean.”

E. Veryone
          @e_elaine_soup5

Rei thought over her answer, still fingering her beads blessed by that monk that lay deep in her sleeves. This man had shaggy blond hair, not unlike Finnick’s–Rei winced–with modern-looking clothing. Would this seemingly modern man go along with her explanation of her spirit magic? or would he run away at her fox spirit lineage?

Her blank eyes surveyed the other men and the girl–who had brown curly hair and was quite adorable. There was a rather plain looking man with black hair and a broad frame, and Rei sensed something strong in him.

“Exorcised it,” she said, whipping out her exorcism papers and ink along with her beads.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 613 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest