Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim followed, ducking another spear. “I’ve never watched Indiana Jones. Stuff keeps getting in the way.” He glanced behind him at the others, so far they were avoiding the traps as well. That was good. Now if only his headache would go away so he could think better.

(AGH. I almost forgot about his headache! *faceboards*)

"You can dance with my henchman."

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Julius trudged forward, studying the gleaming spear. “Wait.” He paused. “I think I know where all the traps will are. I’ve been here for some while. And Lord Deathrock told me of them…”

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

Karim paused and glanced at Julius. “Really? That’d be good.”

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

“Thanks.” Julius took in a deep breath. “About twelve feet in head of Delton is another trap, just so you know. Don’t freak out. Its another spear.”

Delton froze. “Do not scare me like that again.”

“Hey, I was just warning you,” Julius said.

Warden
        @nuetrobolt

“Well, at least its just spears. I mean, the traps could be much worse, you know,” Aleck said. “And no, I am not usually an optimist, but I thought it might be helpful. Maybe. Anyway, another good thing about these is that it should be hard for Malcom Ace to follow.” Aleck suddenly stopped.

“Wait, Julius, where did you say that spear thing was?”

Suddenly a spear shot out of the wall. Aleck jumped aside, barely aware that the whole room besides him had gone into slow motion. As he staggered to keep his balance in the almost frozen room, he could see the spear slowly inching towards where he had been standing, and Delton’s mouth slowly opening. What was happening. He looked down and saw a card had some how made it out of his pocket where he had a whole rubber-banded deck, and was hovering in the air at the height of his chest. SLOW TIME, it read. Aleck grabbed it with a lightning fast hand and jabbed it into his pocket, launching him back into normal time. Suddenly everything around him sped up, and the spear was already sunk deep in the opposite wall.

What was that voice in his head?

“Well done, my son.” Came Malcom Ace’s recognizable voice. “You are learning.”

Aleck glanced around disgustedly. Where was the card genius now? The voice disappeared.

In front of all his staring friends, Aleck grabbed the deck of cards out of his pocket, pulled off the rubber band and threw the deck. They all stuck to his hand and didn’t leave. Why’d Malcom Ace have to give me these cards? I can’t even get rid of them?! Aleck jammed the deck back in his pocket and shrugged.

“So, where to next?”

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Karim’s jaw dropped. “How in all dimensions did you do that?? I’ve never seen anyone move that fast!”

Maybe those cards Aleck had taken out had something to do with it? Maybe?

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

Delton just sort of stared. “Well… not the weirdest thing I’ve seen ever since entering this castle.”

Introverted Elf
          @introverted-elf

@kari-karast

Anna halted the moment Kieron said that.  “Oh.” She suddenly began to feel like a million eyes were staring at her all at once from a bunch of hidden crevices in the walls.  “Uh-oh.  I guess it’s about time to unsheathe our weapons then?”

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

Kieron nodded. “I’d say yes. You said you don’t have a weapon, right? Well take my sword, I can’t exactly do anything with it like this anyway.” He nodded down at the boy in his arms with a rueful smile.

@introverted-elf
            @e_elaine_soup5

Warden
            @nuetrobolt

“Uh, I’m not totally sure. I can’t do it again, I’ll tell you that.” Aleck shrugged. He wished he could take the attention away from himself. “So, where to next?”

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

Karim frowned a little, but didn’t press. “Well, just wherever Delton’s map says to go I’d think.”

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

“Well, in that case I suppose we’ll be going right now,” Delton replied.

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

Karim nodded. “Okay. Which way?” He made a face. That had rhymed. Which had sounded strange.

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

Delton continued on down the same route. “This one.”

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

“Alright.” Karim followed.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 737 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest