Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 480 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Schmidt 2 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 481 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@nuetrobolt

I agree, on all counts.

Lemme just make Karim accidentally set off a trap here…

Karim shrugged. “I’m pretty sure everyone’s a ‘bit nuts’ on level or another. We should probably start moving again, though. Otherwise the guards might catch up to us.” He took a couple steps down the corridor and turned to wait for the others, taking another half step in the process. He heard a very, very slight, quiet movement above him and threw himself to the ground just as a giant axe-blade swung through where he’d been standing.

He army crawled out from under it and stood, staring at where several axe blades were now swinging back and forth, blocking the passage. “Okay… maybe let’s not go that way…”

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@nuetrobolt: yeah… my apologies!

I’ve been a bit busy lately.

Anyways, like you said, we do need to finish this. *doesn’t want to leave thread un-finished* *types madly on key board*

Writer. Drawer. Ginger. ISFP. Collector.
      Crazy Person. Animal Lover.
      *strokes red panda*

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

So sorry about that!

*strokes red panda*

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

Delton took a step back.

Julius Armstrand went into a fighting motion at the swing of the axes. Gasps lit the air.

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @introverted-elf @everyone

*strokes red panda*

Introverted Elf
          @introverted-elf

(Yeesh! I have not been on in EONS! Sorry about that, hee, hee.  @kari-karast  @e_elaine_soup5 )

Anna nodded to Crystal.  “Right behind you guys,” she said, keeping her guard on the ready just in case anything were to happen.

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

@introverted-elf

Don’t worry! You’re fine. It’s been really slow on here latelys anyways.

Kieron followed Crystal down the passage, carrying the boy. He glanced at the lit torches on the walls curiously. Someone must have lit them recently, they were no where close to being burned out. Which meant… “Um, we might not be alone in here.”

Crystal stopped and turned around. “What do you mean?”

“The torches.” Kieron nodded to the walls. “They were lit recently. Which means someone came this way recently. And since it was sort of hidden, I doubt people use it regularly. Which means something’s going on. They’re probably just looking for us. Or something bigger is happening. But either way, there’s a possibility whoever did it is still here.”

(They’re pretty far into the passage, so if anything attacks them they’d have to go a for a while before they got out if they turned around the way they came.)

@e_elaine_soup5 @introverted-elf

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

Another axe swung out of the walls. They dodged the hit. Delton took in a deep breath, holding the map.

“Okay, let’s move on this way to the treasure room!” he ordered.

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

Wait. Do they have to go through the axes to get there? O.O

@andrew

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

@kari-karast: that was just one single axe… there’ll be more traps on the way to the treasure room. Is that answer helpful?

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

@andrew

Kinda. There are multiple axes swinging behind Karim, the way they were trying to go. Like, they’re still hanging there, swinging. So are they going that way or are they going back the other way and it was a new axe?

Andrew Schmidt
                @andrew

@kari-karast

Delton was going to lead them with the map, though the way he was going only one axe happened to swing out on them, which they avoided… so, I think Delton chose another close path leading to the treasure room, in which they can avoid all those deadly axes.

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
                  @kari-karast

@andrew

Okay thanks!!

_______

Karim followed Delton carefully, wary for any more traps. At least there was an alternate route though. If they had to go through all those axes. He shuddered. That would not end well. “How much farther?”

Andrew Schmidt
                  @andrew

@kari-karast

“Let’s see,” Delton said, peering down at the map. “Uh, perhaps about several routs… it’s going to take some time to get tot the treasure room, but the results will be worth it.”

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
                    @kari-karast

“I hope so.” Karim shifted nervously, glancing around warily. This place had way too many traps. He frowned, wondering how Deathrock, the guards, and the other residents of the castle got around without setting off the traps. Oh well. Maybe they just knew it well enough by now to know where all the traps were.

@scarletimmortalized @nuetrobolt @andrew

Andrew Schmidt
                    @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @scarletimmortalized

Delton strode forward. “Okay… take a right.” He hopped over, making his way into another route just when a spear came slashing out of the wall. “Oh my goodness. Is this like Indiana Jones or what?”

*strokes red panda*

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 481 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest