Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 480 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Schmidt 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 481 total)
  • Author

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I ran my eyes over the words I translated in my head.

“It looks like there’s a good, secluded path that way,” I said, pointing at the sheath of fabrics dripping from the ceiling, “It seems like a servant hallway.”

Kieron looked up at the fabric with a furrowed brow, “I didn’t see those earlier.”

Confused=my permanent state of mind

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Kieron frowned. Why hadn’t he seen that fabric before? You’d think it would’ve been obvious. Well, nothing to do about it now. “Well, let’s go then.”

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

@kari-karast (nice pic, btw) @andrew

“Okay, then Karim, just knock him out already!” Andrew knew Malcom Ace would be back.

"Hurry! Reading is fun!" Jinto Queb
    "Words are fires. Use them wisely." Vip, my tiny dragon

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(Thanks! @nuetrobolt Also did you change Aleck’s name to Andrew for some reason or is that a typo?) ( @andrew you might want to have the soldier guy do something before he gets smacked rather hard in the head with a long metal staff.)

Karim raised his staff. “I will, but I’m going to give him one more chance. Alright Strange-Soldier-Person-Who-Has-Apparently-Taken-A-Vow-Of-Silence-Or-Something, what do you want and who are you? I’m going to listen to Aleck and knock you out if you don’t answer this time.”

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

@kari-karast, oh, how embarrassing. No, he is still Aleck. Yes, that is a typo.

Aleck stared at Karim. “You really love drawing this out, don’t you?”

"Hurry! Reading is fun!" Jinto Queb
    "Words are fires. Use them wisely." Vip, my tiny dragon

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@nuetrobolt Don’t worry, typos get to everyone.

______

Karim shook his head. “No, I don’t. But I am pretty interested in who this guy is and what he wants. And I’m not going to find that out if he’s unconscious.”

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Okay. Back again. So… right. The phantom warrior.

The phantom warrior stared silently. They said something about knocking him out. He sighed. People. “I come to help; though I prefer not to be not to be knocked out. If you can.”

BTW, is the phantom warrior supposed to be Armstrand or Jim-er-Julius? I just wanted to make sure.

Writer. Drawer. Ginger. ISFP. Collector.
      Crazy Person. Animal Lover.
      *strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

The phantom warrior is supposed to be Julius Armstrand, we’re pretending it was never Jim in the first place.

_______

Karim lowered his staff. Finally. “So you want to help us. Okay. Who are you? And how do we know you’re not just trying to trick us into getting trapped?”

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

“Well…” Armstrand motioned to the rest of the people standing behind her. “I don’t mean to sound rude, but did you ask that same question to all them too?” he paused. “I just came here to help.”

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Karim opened his mouth, then closed it, then opened it again. “Well, no… but,” he held up a hand, stalling any protest, “they don’t have quite the motives you would. I mean, yes, it’s possible one of them would want the rubies for himself and try to trap everyone else. But, none of them have shown any inclination to do that, or have the knowledge of where all the traps are either. You, if your… uniform is any indication, do.”

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

Armstrand paused. “Well… I’m not trying to trick you.” He turned slightly, lowering his sword. “May I come?”

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Karim shrugged. “Sure. If it’s all right with the others.” He gave the others a questioning look.

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@kari-karast: I need to get back to this thread again.

Armstrand cast a glance at others… who silently cast glances at each other as if in answer.

*strokes red panda*

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

@andrew Yep. It’s been slow lately. Also, don’t forget about Delton. @scarletimmortalized @nuetrobolt @e_elaine_soup5

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

Delton stared at the phantom knight ahead. For some reason, he felt he could trust his words. Just like any of the others he’d met, no vile or hate flickered in his eyes.

He took a step forward, handing out his hands. “Hello, my name is Delton Gray. What is yours?”

The phantom knight just stared at his hand for a moment, then shook it. “Julius Armstrand.”

*strokes red panda*

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 481 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest