Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 527 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 5 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 528 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Kay. *does calculation type things* Got it.

_______

Kieron looked up, spotting a door in the back of the room that hadn’t been there before. And… someone was behind it. He whispered to Anna and Megyn, “Someone’s behind that door. Stay here, I’m going to see who.”

He got up and drew his sword, just in case. Then he went over and opened the door. A blond girl with some sort of metal belt stood behind it. And… she was slightly transparent…

Kieron blinked. “Who are you?”

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I pulled my sword from my waist and flicked it straight. I could feel my body going intangible with fear, but my sword was sharp.

“Who are you?” I asked pointedly, “Answer my question first or you might have to lose that weapon.”

I splayed my hand out in front of me, getting ready to flick his weapon away with my magic.

Confused=my permanent state of mind
    warning! Massively impatient!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Kieron raised an eyebrow. Who was this girl? Not one of Deathrock’s guards, that was for sure. “I’m Kieron. And you?”

Kieron carefully shifted a little so that Anna, Megyn, and the boy were blocked from the blond girl’s view. That way if things got ugly he could lead the fight away from them and, hopefully, the blond girl wouldn’t go after them.

(How old is Crystal?)

Star Wars fanatic. Sword lover. Artist. Fantasy freak. ENFP. (and yes, that is actually me)

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

“My name is Crystal,” I stretched above his shoulder, “And who are you hiding?”

the boy froze and I flicked my sword to whip mode. It elongated and I wrapped around my waist once more. I knew this boy wouldn’t hurt me, not with the people he was hiding. I quirked a smile, made myself intangible, and slipped underneath him.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

A) Crystal is in the room behind Kieron, right?

B) how old is Crystal?

C) does she have pointed ears?

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

1) she is now in the room behind Kieron, yes

2) Crystal is an Alf, so they track age differently. They track it by how much light or darkness is taken in. Crystal is both old and young in that a Dark Alf gets younger by staying in the dark and a Light Alf gets younger in the light.

3) yes and no, Dark elves have points while Light elves do not, so her ears are softly pointed. Not round, but not pointy either

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

(Okay!!)

Kieron blinked again and whirled around. Great. Who in all of Katonia was this girl?? She had powers he’d never heard of before, which meant that unless she was a Changeling there was no way she was from Katonia.

He frowned and moved in front of the boy and the girls(Anna and Megyn), Crystal had somehow went through him and into the room behind him. Anna and Megyn were staring, looking back and forth between him and Crystal.

Kieron smiled at them tightly and gestured to Crystal. “Meet Crystal.” Then he turned back to Crystal, “What do you want and why are you here?”

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

“I want nothing other than to get back to my friend Deski,” I said, “and I have no reason to be here.”

the boy, Kieron, furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me oddly. “What are you?”

“I am an Alf from Alfheim–er, I guess i’m from Svartalheim now,” I said, bending at the waist and bowing. My dress ruffled and I tugged at the ruffles on the sleeves uncomfortably. My Alfheim family always liked to see me in proper clothing for a girl of my time.

@kari-karast, ah, your picture makes sense now. I thought that was a clay tablet or something. @andrew
    Sorry for being gone so long. I missed the whole awkward conversation, even though I started it. And it sounds like I’m the one person who likes awkward conversations. In books, that is, not in real life, of course. I didn’t think Karim would answer him.

Aleck was confused. Who was this “phantom warrior” who had appeared. What was with this showdown between Karim and the phanotm warrior? The tension was killing him. He hated tension.
    “Look!” He shouted, blushing as he did. He hadn’t meant to speak out loud. “Look, we don’t have time for this! I don’t know about you, but Gradgrind and I are going to get the jewels now. And it would be wise if you come with me, because then we have more chance of getting it, and we will be able to help the slaves faster. Look, Karim, the guys not answering you, just kill him already! If he wanted to be on our side, which he obvioulsy doesn’t, he would speak, so kill the guy.”

"Hurry! Reading is fun!" Jinto Queb
    "Words are fires. Use them wisely." Vip, my tiny dragon

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@nuetrobolt *snorts* That seems to be what everyone has thought it is. XD XD XD

*shrugs* Well, Karim didn’t really answer him. I mean, Karim could’ve told him about Faerie, and that his parents had gone missing, and that it was his cousins that had kidnapped him, and where he’d been held prisoner those 10 years.

____

Karim turned and looked at Aleck like he was crazy. “Are you insane?? I’m not going to kill him! I don’t just ‘kill’ people!” Then he turned back to the strange man. “However, if you don’t tell us what’s going on, who you are, what you want, and so on, I will knock you out.”

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@EVERYONE

Delton cast a glance around, then froze at the sight of a strange phantom knight. At first he guessed it to be just another hallucination, but soon found out after that it was real. Real. But who?

Writer. Drawer. Ginger. ISFP. Collector.
      Crazy Person. Animal Lover.
      *strokes red panda*

Dakota
      @dakota

( @kari-karast @everyone I’m going to pull out of this story game. I’m sorry to leave so abruptly. I’m going to try to make Megyn and Jim leaving as smooth as possible. @andrew I’m offering you Julius Armstrand for your own character. We’ll just pretend that he wasn’t really Jim but a different person all together, posing as a soldier. If you do not want him, that’s okay. 🙂 I’ll ask someone else. I would like to know that his vision to be righteous and to free the slaves is continued, whomever gets his role.

So here we go . . .Megyn First)

Suddenly Kieron vanished and light poured over her face. Megyn blinked at the brightness, bewildered. “Where-Where’d he go?”

She sat up and stared around. It was all gone–all a dream! The castle-the soldiers-the slave boy- Kieron and Anna–everything. In their place was the rugged hillsides and the snow-capped mountain peaks of her home country. The scent of rain steeped the air around her. And she was wet, soaked to the bone.

“It wasn’t real.” She bowed her head and sighed. She couldn’t help but be a little disappointed. Despite the dangers and cruelty, it had been going to be a grand adventure, with new friends-the one thing she always dreamed about.

She stood up and wrung a little water from her sweater. It may have been a passing dream but the people she’d met and the vision she’d found to free a different kind of slaves would remain.

With one last sigh, she set out for home.

(To them, she just suddenly vanishes )

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Dakota.
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Dakota.

Psalm 119:11
      Your word I have hidden in my heart,
      That I might not sin against You.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

@dakota, I’ll do Julius Armstrand for you. 🙂

Writer. Drawer. Ginger. ISFP. Collector.
        Crazy Person. Animal Lover.
        *strokes red panda*

Dakota
        @dakota

@andrew Thank you! 🙂 Jonathan, his personal servant, is part of the package but he isn’t really important, so you can do with him as you please.

Thank you again. * waves and slips out the door*

Psalm 119:11
        Your word I have hidden in my heart,
        That I might not sin against You.

Introverted Elf
        @introverted-elf

@kari-karast  (Sorry, sometimes I don’t get on here in awhile. 🙂 ) (Okay, see next reply I have)

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 528 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest