Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 700 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Warden 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 701 total)
  • Author

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

Well, there wasn’t anything else to do but share a sympathetic look with them. Being taken away from his mother burned in his mind at Delton’s words. He pitied the kid. Both of them. He pulled his shirt sleeve down, not wishing to make any more eye contact.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Dakota
    @dakota

@kari-karast @introverted-elf

“A Map!” Megyn thought. “That will help me figure this place out!” Megyn studied the map. “So we’re here?” She touched a finger to the map.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Kieron nodded. “Yes. And we need to find a safe place to take the boy. Do you see anywhere on there that might work?” Even as he spoke, his eyes were roving over the parchment, searching as well.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Dakota
    @dakota

“Sir Armstrand!” A young soldier dashed into the stable yard.

“Yes, Achilles, what is it?” Sir Armstrand turned to him from where he was watching a servant currying a horse.

“Lord Deathrock has declared the castle on high alert. Intruders have been spotted. All defenses are to be raised.”

Almost before he had finished speaking, another youth in armor appeared for the other direction. “Sir Armstrand, there have been intruders spotted in your division. His Lordship Deathrock wants them seized and destroyed. And he wishes to see you.”

Armstrand nodded, his face grim. “Very well. You’re both dismissed.” He turned back to his servant. “Jonathan, finish currying The Black Lightning and then have him saddled for me.” He glanced around, then continued in a lower, softer tone, “You did quite well with him today. Take one of the apples for him for yourself.”

Jonathan’s eyes brightened. “Yes, Sire.”

Armstrand nodded stifly, then walked away. Passing through the gate into the main corridor, he turned to the left and quicken his pace.

His shoulders heaved in a great sigh. How much longer could he do this? For the past four months, Lord Deathrock had called him ‘a Centurion higher than a Centurion’. In fact, he sometimes gave him as much power as him self in matters of castle defense and commerce. Why Deathrock favored this young, strong stranger above those he had known so long he couldn’t say. But what profit was all this power and favor to him when the slaves still lived in oppression and terror? Lord Deathrock still hadn’t trusted this ‘returning soldier’ to give him much control over the fate of the slaves, except in giving him Jonathan to lord over.

“Oh Lord,” He prayed as he entered an other corridor. “When can I make a move? I’m betraying these people every day in not doing something. And now I must do more harm in keeping out those who could perhaps help these people. I thought it would be a good way to help the slaves escape by doing this, but the longer I stay, the more I could become guilty of oppression. You know I try to treat Jonathan kindly without blowing my cover. But its not enough in the face of all the suffering.”
    He gripped the hilt of his sword. Oh, how he wished he could end all this suffering! Almost every time he met with Deathrock, he wanted to draw his sword and run it through evil man’s heart. What held him back he didn’t know.

He turned off into a narrower, darker passage and paused to lifted a torch from the wall. As he passed the torch to his left hand, a slight sound caught his keen ears. Voices?

Stepping slowly, he advanced down the tunnel, listening. Yes, people talking in low tones.

He walked toward the sound. Deathrock’s order would have to wait just a little longer. This could perhaps the chance he was waiting for.

He paused. There ahead him stood a group of forms-several people and a–wolf? Ah, yes, Redstone had said something to him only this morning about seeing large, strange wolves in one of the courts.

“These must be some of the intruders. They are in great danger. Men will soon be crawling all over this area, looking for them.”

He studied the situation a moment. Looks like they already set off the net trap in this passage. But the trap door is a few yards ahead of them. I must find out if they are for the freedom of the slaves or for their own gain.”

He drew a trumpet from within his cloak and sent a short shrill blast echoing threw the passage.

@kari-karast  @scarletimmortalized @nuetrobolt   @andrew

Please tell me if this is OK. What Jim-er-Julius is trying to do is (1) Hide them for a time until the search is slowed and he can convince Deathrock that they have been taken care of. (2) See, as he thought to himself, if they were friends of the slaves or just pirates.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

It’s perfectly fine! (And perfect timing too! It was… er, getting a bit… awkward.)

___

Karim whirled, a man in armor and a cloak stood behind them, evidently the one who’d blown the trumpet. Karim lifted his staff, moving into a combat stance. “Who are you and what do you want?”

Dakota
    @dakota

The phantom warrior advanced but in silence. He didn’t even draw a weapon but simply walking towards them with slow, measured steps, as though he would walk right through them.

@kari-karast  @scarletimmortalized @nuetrobolt   @andrew

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim’s eyes narrowed. Who was this guy? He spoke through clenched teeth, on edge, “What. Do. You. Want.”

He prepared himself to strike if need be, shifting his weight to his right foot.

Dakota
    @dakota

(Wish the others would come!! Just we two is  . . . difficult. BTW I’m going to have to get off. See ya 🙂 )

The phantom warrior remained silent. He was now so close, Karim could reach out and touch his glistening armor.

(In Jim -Julius’s- mind at this moment–  They aren’t retreating. Brave fellows they must be. I’m going to have to manipulate them. [ He wants to ”trap” them a moment in the hidden room underneath them so he can hide them.])

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim scowled. “Look. If you’re going to be that way I’m going to have to do something that you probably won’t like.” At least, if whoever this guy was didn’t like getting knocked out then he wouldn’t like it.

(Fare thee well!)

(…then why doesn’t he just say so?)

Dakota
    @dakota

@kari-karast (he doesn’t want to reveal to anyone his real intentions . . . that is, . . . not yet. BYE!)

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

um, so I heard about this from my other thread,

Can I jump in at any time

and what is happening?

characters are like geodes: you must break them to see what they're made of

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

First, I knew you were going to do that.

Second, well there’s 2 groups. And I’m pretty sure they’re going to meet up at some point.

The first group has Kieron, Megyn, and Anna. They’re currently trying to find somewhere safe for the lil slave boy to recover. On a map.

The second group has Delton, Aleck, Daniel, Gradgrind, Karim and Jim/Julius.  Jim/Julius(you know what? I’m just gonna call him JJ for now.). JJ is trying to get the others somewhere where Lord Deathrock’s guards won’t find them. Only he isn’t saying anything so it’s kinda a standoff.

The overall goal is to get the magical rubies and use them to overthrow Lord Deathrock and free the slaves though. (Read the very very very first post you know the one that created this thread.)

And lastly, here. A link to the Doc for this thread. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AZ8xCDr6TNjD1o_0ttOoOWEm9PvRKCI-yr2dTpuwbf4/edit?usp=sharing

If you gots anymore questions just lemme know!

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

there we go, Crystal’s on there

—————————

I blinked. Steadying my hands and my body. My boots were on solid ground, not the springy grass of Alfheim. I had taken a small trip to the world to say goodbye to my father and brothers after moving to Svartalheim, the exact opposite of Alfheim.

I blinked. Had the jump gone wrong? Deski was waiting for me and he had awful patience. I turned around slowly, only seeing plain walls. I heard a voice near me and my had shot to the sword wrapped around my thin waist.

“Who’s there?” I asked, making my body go slightly transparent.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Do you have a specific group you want Crystal to be near? Or… is it a random castle guard and she’s by herself?

E. Veryone
    @e_elaine_soup5

I was planning on Kieron, Megyn, and Anna

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 701 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest