fb

Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

“I’ve been a prisoner too,” Daniel said softly. He winced, realizing that sounded weird. He fidgeted, looking at the ground for a moment, before back up at Karim.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim nodded at Delton, a silent understanding passing between them. Then looking steadily at Delton, Karim spoke quietly as well almost, but not quite, subdued sounding, “How long were you?”

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@kari-karast This is Daniel 😉

~~

”Five years,” Daniel touched his arm. “What life we lived before wasn’t much better.” He closed his eyes, wishing he could get rid of those memories. His brother shoving him down, making him pretend to be sick. Surviving, no matter what.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim nodded again, unsure of what to say. He didn’t just want to offer condolences. Those almost always sounded meaningless.  He knew from experience that Daniel wouldn’t want pity. And anything Karim might say would just sound… empty. Then Karim noticed Daniel’s hand on his arm. Come to think of it, Daniel had been rubbing his arm a lot.

“Did they do something to your arm?” Karim barely kept himself from touching his own scar on his face.

Although he didn’t remember much of his life before his kidnapping he could tell he and Daniel had a lot in common.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

Daniel glanced at him, before rolling his sleeve up. Dark ink stained his skin as X-25713 marches across in bold type. Besides this were several scars from needles and cuts.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Delton paused, watching silently as Karim and Daniel spoke. Okay… a little weird, but whatever. He didn’t want to spoil it, so he kept quiet.

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

The trumpets blared once more.

Lord Deathrock strode forward, a red-bladed sword in his hand. “Kill all every intruder you see, understand?” He asked a soldier, who silently nodded his head and ran off to his work. He turned to Captain Redstone, one of the favorite captains in his army. “Tell me, where is this card dragon?”

“It has been seen flying about, Master. But nobody’s sure of it’s location,” replied Captain Redstone.

“Pity.” He rose an eyebrow. Then, just like that, smacked the captain across his cheek. “Find this dragon before the next ray of light strike at tomorrow! This dragon, wherever it comes from, has no purpose but to be killed.”

“Y-yes, Master.” Captain Redstone nodded. He turned on his, ready to complete his task. “I will do as you say.”

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim looked at Daniel’s arm slowly nodded. He brought his hand up and held his hair out of the right side of his face, revealing a scar running from his jaw straight up to his hairline, narrowly missing his eye. He dropped his hand back down after a few minutes and spoke quietly, “I know what it’s like. I… I’m sorry you had to go through it too.”

(Side note: Karim sounded really, and is, sincere so, unlike how he thinks it might be taken, it’s more of a mutual understanding thing then a condolences thing.)

(And I find it amusing that somehow we went from a quest to bypass the traps and get to the rubies to essentially sharing life stories and this feelsy moment.)

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @scarletimmortalized

Delton smiled briefly, casting a glance around. Karim revealed his scar. Oh. Delton peered close. Where was this going? He wasn’t sure if he wanted to tell his backstory or anything, but… oh well.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

I can’t stop help laughing irl. I’m sorry it’s just too funny. From a quest to life stories. XD XD XD

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast, should I tell a little bit of Delton’s story.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@andrew *shrugs* Whichever you’d like.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast @peoples

Delton cleared his throat. “Well… I, um-” his words didn’t come out that right. “I was brought to this abandoned island across the ocean where they kept people who were… insane.” Oh, how he hated being called insane. “And at a young age, too… away from my-” He froze in his words, then chocked out the last sentence, “Uh, they took me away from my mother.”

Now that sounded REALLY awkward. He should probably have just stayed out of the conversation.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Good thing Delton isn’t an enemy of my characters. They generally insult their enemies by calling them lunatics and psychopaths and such.

I’ll write as soon as I figure out Karim’s reaction.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim turned to Delton, unsure of what to say. He could sympathize. He hadn’t seen his parents since he was four, but he didn’t particularly feel like sharing that too.

An awkward silence for several minutes.

Karim finally took a deep breath, if this went on much longer everyone would be getting lost in their memories and it was possible they’d all get depressed and nothing would come of anything for quite a while. Maybe he could lift everyone’s spirits, he was normally good at that.

He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to think of what would do the job without seeming too jovial. “Well… seeing as we all have similar backstories, we should get along even better now…” He winced. Yeah… that probably wasn’t the right thing to say.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 737 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest