fb

Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    Dakota
    @dakota

@kari-karast ( 🙂 me too! )

Megyn knelt beside him. The sight of the poor boy had infuriated her before; now it broke her heart.

“Is-is there something I can do? Please-” Her voice broke off. She lifted her eyes to his face, full of pleading.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Kieron continued wiping the blood away. “I’m not sure. Wait. There’s a map on the floor back in that passage near the entrance to here. Could you get it? Maybe we can find a safe place to take him on there…” He nodded back towards the passage he and Anna had come out of, never stopping in his task. He could probably get the boy’s wounds clean enough to wrap with what he had with him. But it would be good if they could take him somewhere where the boy could recover in relative safety.

Introverted Elf
    @introverted-elf

@kari-karast @dakota (LOL, yeah, Anna kinda died off for a second there!)

Anna finally switched off her invisibility and ran over to where Kieron and the other girl were.  She had the rolled-up map in her hand, figuring that Kieron forgot all about it.  “Hey, Kieron, here’s the-” She let out a cry of surprise at seeing the wounded boy.  She rushed over and dropped to the ground beside Kieron and the girl. “Oh my goodness! What happened?? This wasn’t all from those soldiers back there, was it?”

Tolkien/Batson book lover, anime fangirl, TLoZ, SW, SC fan, Stirlingite, Owl Citizen, Team Grimmie \|/

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

“I’m not sure who did it. But he’s been whipped very badly.” Kieron’s voice was calm, but slightly concerned. “I think he’ll be alright though.” At least, he hoped so. He would do what he could for the boy, but only time would tell whether or not the kid would be okay.

He’d gotten as much blood off as he could. He set the rag, now thoroughly saturated with blood, to the side, pulled some bandages from a pouch on his belt, and started wrapping the boys wounds.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@kari-karast  @andrew

“Wow, thanks Karim. That was really cool. And you know, I’m glad you didn’t get poisoned back there.” He looked at the others. “That guy up there is named Malcom Ace. We really should turn. We don’t want to hit any more traps, after all, and I really don’t want to run into him.” Aleck paused and waited for an answer.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim nodded and sat back onto just his knees, slightly bracing his hands on his thighs and slowly but steadily resuming his normal breathing pace. “There might be… more traps… the other way too…” He glanced back up at the strange haired guy, Malcolm Ace. Malcolm didn’t seem to have noticed them. Yet.

@scarletimmortalized
    @andrew @nuetrobolt @RANDOMPEOPLES

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Malcom Ace paused. He had to keep talking to the guard. He didn’t want Aleck to go running. Although to the guard, and all who would have seen him, it looked like he had his back to Aleck and his group, and was looking at the guard, but really he was using MIRROR to see behind him. That was pretty impressive, he thought, thinking about the lad (Karim) who had controlled the fire. Someone like that could be extremely useful. I’m sure that group is out to get the rubies. If only Aleck wasn’t there, I could join them, and then once we had the rubies, I would take them and bend the fire mage to my will. Of course Aleck won’t let me do that, he mused.

He moved his eyes to the guard finally, even though they had been fixed on him all along, and interrupted the spiel of directions to the treasure room. He hadn’t been listening, but with REPLAY, he could replay it all later.

“Thanks, excuse me for a minute, please.”

Malcom Ace stepped into a adjoining hall, and pulled out his flip phone.

“Gradgrind. I need you to get rid of Aleck. Take him to wherever you are keeping his sister, and treat him well. I will not have you mistreating my son. It is for his net good.” He paused. “Yes, Gradgrind. mmhhmm. Yes. Meet me here – you have GUIDE, right? – and I will tell you the plan. Now fast!”

He dialed again. “Mavron. Hello. Use GUIDE to track me down, and meet me here.”

He flipped his phone shut, and slid it into a pocket, alongside a deck of cards. He reached for a card on his vest, and as he pulled it off, not just one card, but a whole deck dumped into his hands. He began shuffling, slowly at first, but slowly faster and faster until his fingers were just a blur. Strange creatures seemed to dive out of the cards and back in, and as they flashed, so did a million pictures. And then a red flame slowly flickered out of the blur, rising, and swirling red smoke. All the cards on his vest tugged forward towards it, trying to free themselves, and began to glow ember red. Cards were drawn from seemingly nowhere, and formed a glowing red and black ball that centered around the flame and Malcom Ace, like a force field. And then, with a sudden flash, Malcom Ace shot a card out of the shuffling deck. The card carried away all the fire with it, and the flaming card shot at top speed towards the stone wall, the card field flying to keep around it. In a second it was gone, and all that was left was a huge smoking hole in the wall. Slowly cards started to become visible forming a web over the opening, but they were still extremely transparent. Through the portal, a huge dragon lifted its head from its heap of cards. The dragon shook his body, and the scale-like cards that covered his body shone brilliantly.

“Spadewick, I have need of you.” Malcom Ace said, and drew a hand from his deck of five cards: SHRINK; PORTAL; Deathrock Castle Location card; Ace of Flames; and Ace of Spades.

In a flash, the dragon, only smaller, was in the castle.

Before Malcom Ace spoke, he flashed RESTORE at the hole in the wall.

“You are going to help me steal Lord Deathrock’s rubies. STOP! Don’t argue. I know you had gems and just about anything that sparkles except for cards, but you must help me. I will give you a card if you do,” he tempted.

Spadewick sighed, and splurted out a plume of red smoke.

“Thankyou. I will be in contact with you to tell you your further instructions. For now, make sure Gradgrind gets here quietly. I don’t trust that werewolf. He and Mavron, you know the minator, are going to meet me here, and so shall you. I want those rubies, and I know of a group of adventurers who can help me get them.”

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

“bend the fire mage to my will” *snorts* Tell Malcolm Ace good luck with that.

______

Karim frowned. Malcolm Ace had moved out of sight. But Karim sensed that something was happening up there. Some sort of power was being used. Or something like that was happening anyway.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

“Can we quit stalling all ready!” Aleck was sure Malcom Ace would come back any minute now. “We need to get moving! Remember the slaves! They are dying while we are just sitting on our hands and waiting for them to die. We need to go!” The mention of the slaves was sure to motivate them, he thought.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

“Right.” Karim unhooked his staff cylinders, connected them, and extended them. Then he used his staff to get to his feet and leaned on it slightly. “Let’s go then.” The slaves… they needed to be free.

This is essentially what Karim’s staff looks like.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

“Good. Finally.” Aleck sighed. He couldn’t wait to get out of here.

@kari-karast
    , cool staff. @andrew

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Malcom Ace concluded his commands. “Now get to it.”

He watched Gradgrind and Mavron disappear. Spadewick stayed with him. Everything was going according to plan, so far. He just had to hope that fire mage didn’t do anything dumb.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@kari-karast, sorry that Malcom Ace keeps calling Karim a mage. Its not my fault.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim nodded and looked at Delton. “Can we still get to the rubies if we go left?”

Delton looked down at his map for a minute. “Yes. ”

Karim nodded again. “Come on.” He started off and turned down the left passage, away from this Malcolm Ace guy, using his staff a little for support. Aleck looked relieved and followed, along with the others.

( @nuetrobolt It’s fine. I can totally see where’s Malcolm Ace is coming from. And I, personally, rather like it. Also. Hypothetically. What would qualify as ‘that fire mage’ doing something dumb? *whistles innocently*)

(also Karim is kinda weak right now, just something to keep in mind, using his power so much like that plus like what he did when they rescued Aleck weakens him considerably)

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Aleck let out a breath. They were getting away. Finally.

Suddenly a wolf leapt around the corner ahead.

“Aleck!” he snarled. “Bailie is in trouble! Come with me!”

“Gradgrind?” Aleck said, confused momentarily. He had forgotten about Bailie.

Suddenly a net scooped Gradgrind up from the floor and pinned him to the ceiling.

Malcom Ace shook his head as he watched through a card. He had forgotten about the traps.

@kari-karast
    , anything that contradicts with Malcom Ace’s plan is “dumb”.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest