fb

Fresh Poems!

Forums Poetry Poetry Discussions Fresh Poems!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes that’s fantastic! ย I’m looking forward to it! ย And I don’t mind if it makes me cry. ย Often, I think, the best poems, and even stories, are those that produce a strong (although good) emotional reaction.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

All right, @tashah-claymore, I’ll write an elegy!

Silver Shadow
    @tashah-claymore

@w-o-holmes I think you’d do a great job with it! XD

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching." -Gerard Way

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

I’ve never really thought about writing sad poems before…that is a thought, now that is a thought!

@w-o-holmes What a great rough draft! (I wish all of my poems could come out like that in the beginning stages!)

I love the concept of “wrinkled rhyme” and the alliteration there is really cool too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. ๐Ÿ™‚ https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@emma-starr – Thank you. Thanks! Golly gee whilickers! I know a person named Emma Starkey. Startling coincidence, huh?

So you write poetry? So do I! Are you in the processes of formulating a book of your poetry? So am I! Do you like writing couplets? So do I! In fact…there’s a challenge.

Thanks!

@w-o-holmes That’s really cool!!

Yes! I have one poem that I submitted to Story Embers that they published in April, and I’m working on another big project poem to try to get published.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ I also post my poems on my blog: https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog/. Do you post yours anywhere?

I really want to have a book of poetry–I have almost filled two notebooks with poems. However, a great deal of them are unfinished and just first drafts to polish later. Having a book of poems would be AMAZING! How are you approaching it? I’m interested!!!

I haven’t tried writing couplets since about 6 months ago, so maybe I should try it again. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Right now I’m working on my prose in free-verse. When I first started writing poetry, I almost always did rhymed poems.

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. ๐Ÿ™‚ https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@emma-starr – Awesome! I’ll take a look at it. Unfortunately, no. I don’t publish them anywhere. Though, my plan is to gather and write a bunch more and try to publish them as well as publishing them on websites like this and perhaps others. I don’t have a blog or website of my own yet but I’m in the process of getting a computer and creating one on there.

Yeah, I definitely want a book of poetry. Even if they weren’t to my total satisfaction. I want my thoughts to be more organized and later I’ll revise them and make them even better than before. Not like I’d publish them unfinished, or anything, but finished enough so that they are pretty good. (Maybe I’ll self-publish my first book then edit it to total [for then] satisfaction).

When I began to write poetry all I thought about was printing out my first poem that would get compliments from my parents. I think I failed on that part because I did a sort of very abridged version of Beowulf. It was only a half-page long, and I don’t think they liked it all that much. I think they were concerned for me. I showed it to my older brother who was into writing (here’s his website, you should check it out: http://matthewroland.net)

He was really into writing and was just getting into what is on his website there, though I’m sure it was very different from what it is now. Anyway, I still have that first print in a binder somewhere and that’s how I got started.

Earlier this year I got into a serious rut with eight-syllable-per-line poetry and although they were great, there was just too much of them. So I took a break and eventually picked up a book of Whitman’s work. It gave me sort of a free’er view on poetry and I tried writing like him. That helped some and right now I’m kinda drifting…but it’s working!

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@emma-starr, you write haiku?

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

Frost said nothing gold could stay.

Nothing white can either.

White clouds soon turn into gray,

Billowing thunderheads.

Shirts get stains, and so do

Gloves, handkerchiefs, even teeth.

The pearly whites of smiling youth

Become discolored, broken, few.

Snow gives way to mud.

White bandages to blood.

Paper becomes yellowed with age,

Page by mouldering page.

The white dreams of childhood

Fade into gray and wither.

Nothing gold can stay.

Nothing white can either.

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .โ€
    โ€œMost people are, Scout, when you finally see them.โ€

K. A. Grey
    @k-a-grey

@w-o-holmes ย  By the way, I read your poem, and wow! ย You’re really good. ย  Who are your favorite poets?

"Atticus, he was real nice. . . .โ€
    โ€œMost people are, Scout, when you finally see them.โ€

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@k-a-grey

Gee, thanks! It came upon a burst of rain and swirling currents…Ohhh, that’s a hard question. I think right now, it would be William Wordsworth. But I also like Frost, Shakespeare, and a whole host of others that my Mom read to me when I was little.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

What about you?

That poem is great! I like how you expanded off Frost!

Libby
    @libby

Hullo again ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s been a long time since I’ve been on this thread – so sorry for neglecting you all!ย  I’ve read so many beautiful poems on here and I love them ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep it up, you guys!

Here’s a little something that grew just the other day.ย  I’m not sure where it came from, but I’d love feedback or thoughts ๐Ÿ™‚

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

@w-o-holmes I love writing haiku! Here’s one I wrote a while ago:

Prey

The ancient owl

Steals softly through the black night

The mouse hears nothing

and here’s another from my blog:

Stories

I hold paper worlds

in my hands: bursting, unfolding;

My eyes see visions

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest