For NARNIA and for ASLAN!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself For NARNIA and for ASLAN!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  The Golden Light 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

Hi!

I am an ENFP.

I like writing (I started when I was about 8 perhaps) and am currently working on a medieval fantasy (no magic) three book series. I plan on using that world about twenty times. Heh…

I like: Narnia, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, The Coral Island by R M Ballantyne and The Ascendance Trilogy.

I have finished one or two books a long time ago. One of those books with my sister that we will eventually be re-writing. I have way too many books started and a lot of random inspiring things finished, plus a few short stories.

I also am hoping to be a Screenwriter. Any movie makers out there? I wrote, helped direct and acted in a fourteen minute comedy called: The Author with my friends and family that I am still re-editing. I have around three scripts started at the moment.

Anyway, hello to you all! πŸ˜‰

I am not weird, I'm limited edition. ENFP

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hey there!

I’m not much of a screenwriter, but I’ve taken a couple of college classes on the subject. It’s cool. What made you want to get into screenwriting?

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@the-golden-light THE ASCENDANCE TRILOGY!!!! IΒ lovedΒ those books!!!

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

@the-golden-light Don’t view myself as a movie writer, but I think I might enjoy writing a script.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. God provides the wind, but man must raise the sail.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@the-golden-light Hi! My assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), thinks the Narnia books are very tasty. πŸ¦–πŸ˜œ

Besides writing and reading, what are your favorite hobbies? πŸ˜ƒ

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

Hi @elizabeth!!

I believe the first time I became excited about movie making was when I was younger and watched the Pendraggon Sword of his father (by Burns Studios). Then, as I became older and started watching what I used to think as the “bad” (PG13, Marvel movies) I thoroughly enjoyed them and then began to be frustrated at myself for ignoring all the swearing and cussing (cuz I sorta… idolize the movies… heh… still working on that obsession…), yet when I looked for Christian movies there were hardly any (not counting the Kendrick brothers movies, they are awesome) and the ones that were Christian were plain boring/cheesy/unrealistic/preachy/ridicules (also not counting Veggie Tales, I like Veggie tales). So… I became curious of what makes a movie entertaining and cheesy and I guess that is why I am interested in it. Also because entertainment does in fact teach us something and there should be movies that teach hope, true love etc.

Ohhh you have taken classes? Nice! I HIGHLY recommend going to the Christian World View Film Festival if you want to learn more or meet a bunch of people and be encouraged. I went this year and it is amazing! Here is a link: https://www.christianworldviewfilmfestival.com/

Hehe. That is a long response. πŸ˜€

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

Hi @corkybookworm!

YES!!! It is so epic!!! And ahhh, I would totally watch it if they made them into movies! πŸ˜€

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

Hi @theinvizibleman! That is cool! What type of movies do you like best, or would want to write? Like, action, adventure etc. πŸ™‚

And hello @mariposa! Aw, Aberdeen sounds cute. πŸ™‚

Hobbies… I like watching movies, hanging out with friends and family, drawing, procrastinating (it seems), pretending I am in Narnia or Middle Earth, wasting time doing nothing (unfortunately… I need to stop that), going on adventures and doing group activities and I really like playing Capture the Flag. πŸ™‚

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Awesome! That same mindset is how I got into writing books, haha.

Welcome to SE!

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

@elizabeth Awesome! πŸ˜€

Thanks! It is super cool here!!

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@the-golden-light I love drawing! πŸ˜ƒ What do you like to draw?

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@the-golden-light FELLOW ENFP YAY

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

@the-golden-light I like all kinds of movies, as long as they are not cheesy and unrealistic within the movie’s universe.

Ah yes……Pendragon. That was the first action-y movie that I ever watched; it was awesome the first time or two, until I realized just how awful and historically inaccurate it was. It is quite annoying how terrible most of the films the Christian industry puts out are. The real danger with them is that a good portion of them are biblically inaccurate, which presents a host of other problems.

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. God provides the wind, but man must raise the sail.

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@the-golden-light Dude! That would be fantastic!! Especially if they bothered to do them right! I have never played capture the flag…maybe one day I’ll get to! XD I am also obsessed with Narnia and have a healthy admiration for old wardrobes…just in case πŸ˜‰

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

Hi guys!

@mariposa I typically like to draw people or landscapes. πŸ™‚ What are your favorite things to draw? Also, painting is fun (after I had lessons, before it was scary). πŸ˜€

@jane-maree YAY!!! I didn’t know there were so many of our type! We shall take over the world with our weirdness. Muhaha!!!!

@theinvizibleman Ah, that totally makes sense! Yes, those who are making Christian movies must be extremely careful to do the right thing and portal the truth accurately and show humanity how it is. Most of the time if we simply make the characters relatable and real, it will feel a lot less cheesy. πŸ™‚ I think anyways.

@corkybookworm Exactly!!! Ah yes, wardrobes must always be checked! πŸ˜€ What other type of books do you like and recommend? I really need to read more…. haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+Β readersΒ answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest