fb

For all you weapon and fight scene enthusiasts out there

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions For all you weapon and fight scene enthusiasts out there

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@kari-karast

What’s your favorite weapon and why?

Well, I like swords, and always have.

What sort of weapons do your characters employ?

Swords and guns, depending on the story.

What’s your character’s favorite weapon?

Jay: spear

Aleck: Whatever weapon is on hand and is handy.

Malcom Ace: Cards. A deck of playing cards.

What sort of surroundings does your character prefer for a fight?

Jay: Wet, humid area, by a waterfall or gorge, because that’s my home turf.

Aleck: Alleys are fun.

Malcom Ace: I avoid fights if possible, and so I don’t dwell on such things. But I suppose a tower.

What are some of your characters ‘signature’ moves?

Jay: Flailing wildly.

Aleck: You make it sound like dancing. I don’t know. Running. Away. From. Malcom. Ace. Again.

Malcom Ace: Shuffling. Shuffling is always good. (he uses cards, remember)

My wierdest/favorite weapon I made was this bow that has blades on either end, and when it’s arrows hit something, the whole thing just turns to ash and crumbles away, even if it is an apartment building. Wierd, I know.
    I also have a sword that gets powered by how many people it kills. The more you kill with it, the lighter and sharper it becomes, and it starts to get special powers, so basically it motivates the user.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Brink.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@kari-karast, thanks!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@kari-karast

Yes! Scythes are super cool. I wrote a book about ninja once and modified scythes were the ninja’s main weapon so I had some fun with dreaming about those.

My novel is set in a fantasy version of Australia. So I’ve got a nice mix of different weapons going on there.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@nuetrobolt

Like dancing… huh. Never really thought about it that way…

Question though. Why does Jay ‘flail’???

Also. That bow sounds freakin powerful. And that sword sounds awesome and creepy at the same time.

Kari: I want to try the bow.

Me: No.

Kari: Why?

Me: Why do you think?

Kari: *is silent*

Me: Exactly.

And no problem!!

@seekjustice

Awesome!! The scythe stuff and the ninja!

I have an entire ninja clan. *grins* The children of its leader are really good friends with my MC Kari. It’s wonderful. (‘Specially cuz I get to send them to stalk all my friends. *evil grin*)

Ooh. Australia. I’ve always thought Australia was cool. And aren’t you from there too?

"You can dance with my henchman."

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@kari-karast

Yes! Australia is awesome. And conpletely underused in fantasy stories. And yep, ’tis where I live.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@seekjustice

True, unfortunately. I can’t think of a single book I’ve read that involves Australia. *grimaces*

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@kari-karast EEp! This looks fun!!

What’s your favorite weapon and why?

Okay, I have loved this weapon since I was little. I’ve always been a sort of weapons nut. It really came to life in an anime I watched…because it’s never been on tv otherwise that I’ve seen.

A glaive.

If an ax or sword married a spear, you would have a glaive.

Deadly, long and short range, a beautiful weapon. It’s a single edged blade at the end of a pole. It’s a type of European polearm and is similar to a Japanese naginata (I love naginata’s as well). I ran across it in a medieval weapons book and have loved it ever since.

Oh I also love maces, flails, and cannons.

What sort of weapons do your characters employ?

Well right now my characters are mostly powered so they use their powers + hand to hand combat…so I don’t have as many cool weapons as I would like.

Scarlet: I use a 874 Thames Sniper Rifle. I can hit a target the size of a dime from three miles away as long as I have wind speed and curvature of the earth.

Robin: I use a compound bow equipped with arrows that are equipped with different things. One arrow embeds a tracker, another generates an electrical charge, and another produces sleeping gas. I design these myself and let Scarlet build them.

Lila: I use an extendable bo staff, nothing fancy like those two.

Llewellyn: Kusarigama is my weapon of choice. With my wings I can easily manipulate the chains.

Sirian: Twin, double edged swords.

Lyos: I use a glaive, a handy weapon for a soldier of fortune.

What’s your character’s favorite weapon?

Well probably the ones they listed but…

*shakes Lila and knives fall out everywhere*

Lila Jonathans has way too many weapons on her…*stares at the pile of knives*

What sort of surroundings does your character prefer for a fight?

Scarlet: The city. The bigger the better. Rooftops to be more specific.

Robin: The streets, somewhere were they are plenty of spots to disappear in.

Lila: Anywhere, anytime, anyone.

Llewellyn: Someplace open enough so I can spread my wings. I like open spaces.

Sirian: The woods.

Lyos: Anywhere were I’m not to confined. My glaive works in close quarters but I’d rather not be cramped.

What are some of your characters ‘signature’ moves?

Scarlet: *grinning* my three mile shot.

Robin: Disabling an enemy’s gun with a single arrow.

Lila: Oh *smirks evilly at Scarlet, who is starting to sweat* When I do this *grabs Scarlet’s nose, throat punches lightly, kicks him in the back, brings her elbow into his stomach, then sweeps his legs out from under him and places a foot on his chest* That’s my signature move.

Llewellyn: Disabling my enemies then using the momentum from dropping in the air to knock them out.

Sirian: A seven strike attack that will break down most any defense.

Lyos: Clearing a path around me by swinging my glaive  in a circular pattern.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Bethel
    @trufflehunter

@scarletimmortalized

Oooh. A glaive. that’s a cool weapon

@kari-karast

Yes. Sharpening a spoon would give you a round knife… sort of a push dagger, I would guess.

Sometimes I fall so in love with the idea of Beauty.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@scarletimmortalized

Cool!! Yes, most fun.

I don’t really use cannons. I use catapults. *maniacal grin* *thinks fondly of the scene that will involve catapults flinging corusca everywhere*And flails are fun. I like those.

Coriandis: They are not fun. They are a weapon, a tool. And should be referred to as such.

Me: Oh be quiet or I’ll take yours away. They’re fun.

Coriandis: *folds arms and looks at me loftily* I’d like to see you try. And no they are not.

Me: I has author powers. I can. And yes, they are.

Powers are quite useful. Most of my characters have powers as well. And then they all have their special weapons. *grins a bit crazily*

KUSARIGAMA. THAT’S WHAT IT’S CALLED. Augh. I’ve been trying to find out what’s it called FOREVER. So THANK YOU.

Shara: Really? You gave me a weapon and didn’t even know it’s name!?!?!?

Me: Um… maybe

Also. I like Lila. A lot. *grins*

Kari: *has eyes as big as saucers* I want to know where she keeps all those knives…

@trufflehunter

That’s what I thought… I think a fork would be better. It’s stabby, and you don’t have to do anything to make it that way. Plus it doubles as an eating utensil which is the perfect disguise.

Bethel
    @trufflehunter

@kari-karast

True. A fork might be better… What about… a spork?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@trufflehunter

Nah. Just a plain old fork. Sporks aren’t really that useful actually.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@kari-karast I’ve done this pirate story and grape shot is amazing. That and chain shot. You have spiked balls connected by a chain and they wrap around a mast and bring it tumbling down. Needless to say what those types of shots do to humans.

Yeah Kusarigama’s are really funnnn.

Lol! Me too! I thought about bringing her into rp a couple of times. *glances at where Scarlet is groaning on the ground* I think Kari and Lila would get along great.

Fun fact: Lila is 5′ tall.

@trufflehunter

Glaives are cool. Also use a plastic spoon, break it in half and shove it in someone’s wrist. Twisting is effective as well.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Bethel
    @trufflehunter

@kari-karast

NO! HOW DARE YOU. SPORKS ARE AMAZING. 😉

@scarletimmortalized

That’s very true.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@scarletimmortalized

Ock. Poor humans…

Much.

I think they would too. *grins* I would’ve brought Kari into the rp instead of the twins, but… well, let’s just say the rp would’ve ended real quick if I’d done that.

Only 5′?? WHOA. *is astonished*

*also looks over at Scarlet* Is he gonna be okay???

Also. Oww… my wrist is hurting just thinking about it!!

@trufflehunter

Oh I dare. I dare very, very much.

Kari: *looks at me like I’m crazy* *wonders if she should protect me*

Me: It’s just… sporks… are… awkward. And they’re supposed to double as spoons. But… would soup really stay on them!?!?

Bethel
    @trufflehunter

@kari-karast

I.. actually haven’t really tried eating (drinking) soup with Sporks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest