fb

For all you weapon and fight scene enthusiasts out there

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions For all you weapon and fight scene enthusiasts out there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

So, as the title suggests, this is for discussing various weapons, moves, and other fight related stuff. As well as just for geeking out about weapons. Cuz, seriously, who doesn’t like awesome weapons?? (Actually, don’t answer that.)

So to start off, here’s some questions.

~~~~~

What’s your favorite weapon and why?

What sort of weapons do your characters employ?

What’s your character’s favorite weapon?

What sort of surroundings does your character prefer for a fight?

What are some of your characters ‘signature’ moves?

~~~~~

And no. You don’t have to answer all of them.

Now for the tagging of the peoples with the tags.

@trufflehunter
    and… *doesn’t really know who else so just decides to tag random people* @scarletimmortalized @i-david @theinconceivable1 @sarah-inkdragon @ericawordsmith @introverted-elf @andrew @e_elaine_soup5 @whoever-else-likes-this-stuff

Oh, and feel free to tag others you know would be interested in this topic.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast Ooh, cool topic!  My characters use knives probably more than any other weapon!  You can do a lot with them and they are not loud and its not like this huge thing to carry around.  Plus, knives are just COOL!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Bethel
    @trufflehunter

@kari-karast

You did it!

Favorite weapon – Ooh. I’d have to choose between a dagger, and Japanese war fan. Maybe a spoon. A spoon would be great. Multipurpose. And if you sharpened the spoon….

What sort of weapons do my characters employ – Do I have to choose a specific character? Knives. All the knives. Lots of knives. (I like knives, if you can’t tell.) Some of my characters use swords, and rapiers, and scimitars which are overused, I think.. but still awesome. One of my characters uses poison.

What’s my character’s favorite weapon – Which character? Um… One of them would choose words. Definitely words. Then knives. Another, probably Arsenic or Sabi Star (a plant)sap.

My character’s signature moves – Hmmm. I don’t know. While I give extensive thought to what sort of weapons my characters would use, (it’s really useful for Character solidifying)I don’t do a whole lot of fight scenes.

What about you, Kari?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Bethel.

Sometimes I fall so in love with the idea of Beauty.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

Thanks!

They are. They very much are. My charries use daggers pretty frequently as well.

Kari: I have a lot. LOTS AND LOTS of daggers.

Me: That you do.

Daggers are Kari’s ‘thing’ besides her magic swords. And then… for just my characters in general, like the armies and such, they all use swords. (and bows) But then my ‘main’ characters all have their own special weapon and no one else really uses that type.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast I could have guessed, Dagger K, that you liked that name for a reason, haha.

Yeah, and since my main genre is his-fic I have to figure out what was used in that era.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@trufflehunter

I did indeed.

Wouldn’t a sharpened spoon be a circular knife…?

Favorite weapon: Ock, dagger. Or double bladed sword. Those are awesome.

Sort of weapons that charries employ: In general, swords and bows and arrows. Specifically, all sorts of different ones.

Charrie’s fave weapon: Kari’s is her swords(they’re magic) and daggers. Karim’s is this metal staff thingy. Sharv’s is chakrams. Shara’s is a chain with a blade on the end. The thing on the end varies.

Signature moves: Kari will fling her daggers at people at random points during the battle and then pull out more. Karim has fire powers so he will, well, blast people with a fireball or smack them with his suddenly lengthened staff.

@ashira

*grins* That I do.

Oh that’s cool. What era are you doing currently?

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kari-karast Right now its Ancient Rome/Carthage, and also Shoshone indians and people in the American West for a different WIP.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@ashira

Cool! (I keep saying that…)

What sort of weapons besides knives do they use? Either era?

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast

Swords, knives, spears, daggers, guns, bombs… everything. Xd

Sometimes I just make up cool weapons, or have magic. Like flaming swords and that stuff.

Weapons are fun.

Thanks for tagging me!

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@andrew

Yeah, just about all my MCs have some sort of power. A lot of my villains too. And flaming swords are awesome! *tries to figure out why I have none in my stories* *fails* Hmm….

Weapons are very, very fun indeed. Especially when you get to give everyone their own weapon that they always use. It’s fun making everyone have a different one.

No prob! I tagged the people that I remembered and that I thought might be interested in this sort of thing.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast

Okay… so what is the weirdest weapon you have ever created?

I don’t know exactly what mine was. Let’s see, I’ll just come up with some weird weapon right now: A bulky  blue gun in the mouth of a robotic gold dinosaur, which spits rainbow lasers meant to kill snowmen – and it also has all these red bleeping buttons all over it. That probably sounded a little ridiculous, but I was trying to make it that way.

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@andrew

The weirdest huh? I’m not sure… maybe the ‘staple guns’ as I think of them. I stole the idea from some movie or story or something that I can’t remember. Er… I mean I saw something that made me think of them. Not that whatever it was had them and I literally stole them. Basically, they’re these gun things that shoot what are basically giant staples. And then the ‘giant staples’ pin the target to whatever he/she’s in front of. Cuz that’s what they’re made for. Trapping humans. (I still don’t know if I’ll use them in an actual story though.)

You’re snowman destroying gun! Ha! It sounds utterly insane and yet awesome at the same time.

Kari: Half of me wants one… and the other half is trying to figure out why I want one…

Karim: I WANT ONE.

Kari: Why?

Karim: *looks away innocently* No reason…

Me: *knows exactly why Karim wants one but won’t tell*

What’s the coolest weapon you’ve invented?

Mine’s probably Kari’s magic swords.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@nuetrobolt

As you wish my dear sir. Thou art tagged for the thread of the weapons.

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@kari-karast

Like @ashira I write primarily his-fic, or fantasy based on history. So in my novel, the primary weapons are cavalry sabres, hangerd and hunting swords. My king also is possession of a Middle Eastern jade hilted knife too.

Other than that, I like anything that’s a bit odd and/or gruesome. African and Asian daggers and swords are cool. Italian stilleto assassination daggers have been used several times in my novels and I like traditional Aborignal weaponry and matchlock or flintlock guns as well.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@seekjustice

Cool!! I like odd as well.

I only write fantasy so I have a LOT of different weapons. I think the double bladed scythe is pretty cool even though I haven’t given it to a character yet. (Not entirely sure how you use it so that’s part of it. XD)

Even with all the strange weapons out there I have to say swords and daggers are probably still my favorite just because of how different they can be. (although chakrams come pretty close to being my fave too)

Where is your novel set?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest