For All The Historical Fictioners

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions For All The Historical Fictioners

This topic contains 433 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Caseybold 14 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 434 total)
  • Author

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@lrc

Worst historical fiction book? LOL!!! One my sister and I wrote together years ago!!!

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@abigail-rebekah

Glad to be of service, Madam.

XD!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@selah-chelyah

Oooh, nice. I must be climbing the ranks lol.

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@abigail-rebekah

XD! A lot of SE friends of mine and me start using titles when we are feeling particularly melodramatic, or when being very sarcastic. But you could take it as a promotion as well, I guess. Lol!

~ Created to create ~

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@lrc

Hello there! I’m SeekJustice, Queen of the Future. I have been on hiatus, attending to the duties of a queen, but I’m back now.

The future is lovely, by the way.

Ooh…the worst historical fiction? I don’t know…historical romances tend to be quite dodgy. Not that the plots are bad (though I really don’t care for them), but there’s just so little attention to historical detail. Also, I’m Australian, so any book written by an American about Australia is guaranteed to be historically (and culturally) inaccurate.

I hear you’re into the War of the Roses? That’s an immensely interesting time period. Do you have any other periods that really interest you? For me, pre-Norman England is hugely fascinating, as is the 1200s, the English Civil War, any period in Australian history, and Polynesian/South Pacific history.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@ashira @selah-chelyah

How are you guys? How are your WIPs going?

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Ariel Ashira
      @ashira

@seek-justice Ah, slow lately.  Lotsa stuff happening and having to put most time into school and such.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

1. @seekjustice

My WIPs would be doing ok if I could forget most of them for a little while so I could concentrate on one and actually finish it!! 😆

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@seekjustice

Ah, same story as Ashira. Lots to do and not a lot of writing happening. 🙂

How about you?

Btw, have you ever read G. A. Henty’s “A Final Reckoning“, set in the bush of mid-19th century Australia?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Selah.

~ Created to create ~

Tinuviel
      @tinuviel

Hey guys! I’m new here. Reverently, I have been branching out a bit in terms of genre, but I’m still an historic fiction writer at heart. Nice to meet you all!

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@tinuviel

Hi and welcome! What genres do you write otherwise? Nice to meet you as well!

~ Created to create ~

Chelsea R.H.
      @seekjustice

@tinuviel

Hello again! The standard interrogation when someone joins this thread goes like this:

What’s your favourite time period?

What’s your favourite historical novel?

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Tinuviel
      @tinuviel

@selah-chelyah thanks for the welcome! I am currently writing fantasy. I also have a sci-fi romance that I have been studying on from different angles. His-fic is definitely the one I keep coming back to, though!

@seekjustice hello again! Oh boy…favourite time period like, to write in? Or one I’d want to live in, or…? I’ve been researching for an Elizabethan England era story, and I must say I have had a great time with it! Writing aside, the American Revolutionary war is by far my favourite time period just in general. Favourite historical novel is currently Across Five Aprils, about the American Civil War. I have never cried so hard over a book in my life! It was a lovely, sensitive, aching portrayal of a horrible, crushingly sad time in the history of America.

Laura Waldorf. Christian, writer, dreamer, sub-creator of beauty.

@tinuviel Hiya! Your writing sounds so cool!

valtmy
      @valtmy

@tinuviel

This is a late welcome but hello 😀 Sounds like you are working on quite a few different projects. And those are some very interesting time periods! I’ve looked into the Elizabethan Era a little too, though that was mostly because it was adjacent to what I was researching on. The American Civil War was indeed a very intriguingly tragic time.

Do you have a favourite historical fiction author?

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest