For All The Historical Fictioners

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions For All The Historical Fictioners

This topic contains 433 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Caseybold 14 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 434 total)
  • Author

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@wisdomofprose

No, I haven’t read much C.S. Lewis actually. I know my mom has read some, but I haven’t read alot myself. Sounds interesting though.

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Ooh, thats cool!Β  I have several WIPs set in different Roman times.Β  Its fun to research.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

Cool! I love researching/reading about every era and place, as well. @ashira‘s ahead of me with the Greek/Roman side of writing, though. XD Most of my many WIP’s seem to end up around a historical event or war, whether modern or medieval. πŸ™‚

@abigail-rebekah

Hey! Yes, I love the word, too. XD I think @seekjustice came up with that one…

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Selah.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

*stares at @selah-chelyah* Yes, and I usually end up with some slave characters to, dont I? XD

well…your ahead of me in other research πŸ˜‰

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

@wisdomofprose

Hi, thanks. It’s super cool on here πŸ™‚

Yes, it is really fun being able to “meet” other his-fic fans and writers xD

Aww, thanks. I rather like it too LOL

@selah-chelyah

Cool πŸ™‚ Isn’t making up words awesome? I tend to do it a lot, just cus I’m kinda “different and weird”, and make heaps of words without meaning too LOL.

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@selah-chelyah

yeah. It was the Roman soldiers that got me hooked anyways. To tell you the truth, when I first became a lover of Roman History when I was like, four, it was the soldiers helmets! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜†

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Selah
      @selah-chelyah

@ashira

*stares back*Β  Yep, that is very true. And yeah, we are both ahead, in diff respects. Many diff respects. XD

@abigail-rebekah

Lol, yes, I agree with you. XD

That is hilarious! I can totally see that, though. And there are so many cool and intriguing things about that era + the Romans. πŸ™‚

~ Created to create ~

LRC
      @lrc

Hey fellow HFers, I’m feeling chatty so I’m going to start a conversation. No promises on finishing it though, lol. πŸ˜‰

What has been the worst historical fiction book you’ve ever read and why? Was it the theme, or lack there of? Modern characters stuffed into the past? Too much fiction that it changed the history?

We all know how hard it is to choose a favorite book so there’s a new spin on the question. I both love and very much dislike this topic. Beware of rants.

For me, I’ve read so many bad HF books (at least the time period that I write in, the 1400s) that it kinda low-key enrages me—but on the upside it motivates me to write.

Thoughts, anyone? @selah-chelyah @rochellaine @ashira @seekjustice @valtmy @the-inkspiller @pretty much anyone else who has a thought

Btw, @seekjustice, they say you live in the future. What is it like there? Is the sky a different shade of blue, do little boys still bring their mothers bugs and toads? Have we learned lesson from the past or are we forever doomed to the same mistakes? πŸ˜›

Selah
        @selah-chelyah

@lrc

Lol, okay!

I don’t want to talk about worst “historical” books, ’cause then I’ll get mad…and I don’t feel like getting mad right now. XDΒ  Β Seriously though, they are TERRIBLY when not written accurately! *faceslam in frustration*

~ Created to create ~

LRC
        @lrc

@selah-chelyah Haha yeah like I said, beware of rants. πŸ˜€

Selah
          @selah-chelyah

@lrc

Lol, it’s totally okay, I just don’t want a headache over writing about it. XD

~ Created to create ~

Abigail Rebekah
          @abigail-rebekah

@selah-chelyah

You agree with me that I’m different???

Oh dear…well, I guess people kinda know that already LOL

Just joking xD

Abigail Rebekah
            @abigail-rebekah

@lrc

I can’t really remember one. I know there was a book that was historical fiction that I read once, and it was really good until the end when it ended so quickly. It was like the author didn’t want to write the story anymore, so just rushed the ending. It was VERY annoying.

I haven’t read enough to find a “worst” one, though LOL

Selah
              @selah-chelyah

@abigail-rebekah

Haha! Well, maybe I do agree about that, maybe not…Β  *scratches chin*Β  I would say I do agree. But then, I would say the same thing about me, my family, and most of my friends. XD

~ Created to create ~

Abigail Rebekah
              @abigail-rebekah

@selah-chelyah

PHEW!!! That is a relief lol

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest