For All The Historical Fictioners

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions For All The Historical Fictioners

This topic contains 341 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  valtmy 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 342 total)
  • Author

SeekJustice
    @seekjustice

@samantha-pen

@eden-anderson

How could I forget you two?

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
    Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Rochellaine
    @rochellaine

@seekjustice That sounds like fun!

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

valtmy
      @valtmy

@seekjustice

Sounds great 😀

Michelle Rose
        @michelle

@seekjustice *laughs* That sounds good to me:)

Eden Anderson
          @eden-anderson

@seekjustice

Hey, that’s okay. 😁

I think this is an awesome plan!👌 I am all for it.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah
          @selah-chelyah

@seekjustice

YAS!!! Absolutely! Great idea…only I am clueless when it comes to Avengers. 😀

How is your family doing? I have been thinking about you all, and praying for you.

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
          "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Ariel Ashira
          @ashira

@seekjustice I have been thinking about you, and this thread!  Great idea, Im in for it!  (But, yeah…I dont know anything about the Avengers either…)

@rochellaine Do you ONLY show up on this topic!?  I never see you other places on here! 😛

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@ashira 😛

I suppose it’s because I don’t know many people here, and I’m not in a guild.  Outside of the guilds, the forum seems to be visited pretty infrequently and I haven’t seen many topics I was interested in.  I do love this topic though!

Nonsense makes the heart grow fonder ~ Carolyn Wells

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@rochellaine Okay….I guess that makes sense.  I think about you a lot though.  Have you guys finished moving yet?  How is that going?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

Yay! I’m glad everyone seemed on board with the plan…

@selah-chelyah @ashira

Thank you so much for your prayers. We appreciate it a lot. The last few months have been hard, but we’re getting there.

@rochellaine

Hello there!

Since it’s Monday (in Australia at least) I’ll be posting the first question! I’ll try to get to another one on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how busy I end up being.

What’s the weirdest historical fact you’ve learnt this week?

I learnt that Oliver Cromwell’s head wasn’t buried until 1960, which grows increasingly morbid the more I think about it.

What about you guys?

@scarletimmortalized @samantha-pen @valtmy @michelle @eden-anderson

Crazy INFP, writer, dancer, musical fanatic.
            Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God

Eden Anderson
            @eden-anderson

@seekjustice

What a great question! 😁 (but that fact about Oliver Cromwell is so creepy.)

I guess this isn’t that weird but it’s interesting. The Donation of Constantine was a famous article by which the Pope claimed supreme authority in the western lands of the Roman Empire. In the fifteenth century it was proved a forgery. This means the Pope had possessed power for over 1,000 years based on a fake document.

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Ariel Ashira
            @ashira

@seekjustice Well…its not exactly weird, but kind of cool.  You know we use the name Fido for dogs in general often (at least in America we do, maybe not in Australia.. 😛 ) and it actually comes form the latin word “fidus” which means loyal and trusworthy and the Romans used it as a name for thier dogs.

The part about Cromwelll’s head, though…creeps.  Why was that?

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@seekjustice

Absolutely…I cannot imagine what you are going through.

Weirdest fact…oh, I have not been researching much this week and don’t really have anything weird, per say. Hmm…

I guess a fact that stands out to me is what I read in a book this morning. It is by a Navy SEAL who was the only survivor (and that by barely) of a mission in the mountains of Afghanistan several years ago. Basically what stood out to me is the fact that his teammates (and dozens of other Americans) would not have died if it were not for the liberal American media! When they had to release three tribesmen whom they should not have had to, they went back and told the Taliban/al ‘Qaeda forces in the nearby village, who practically wiped out the four-man SEAL team.

It is an amazing story, and it makes you angry to think that just because some ignorant sensationalist at the head of a news station spread lies around, innocent men die in defense of their nation for no reason at all. The instant-news of today’s day and age is a blessing and a curse. Precedents are set by popular opinion nowdays, rather than by the truth. People are being brainwashed every day, and cannot even see it.

Well, there is something…not to start a revolution, but feel free to look up what I am talking about. It is infuriating, and utterly wrong.

ScarletImmortalized
            @scarletimmortalized

The Boston Toffee Apple Tsunami.

Go look it up, it is incredibly weird, kinda funny, and sort of sad.

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Selah
            @selah-chelyah

@scarlet-immortalized

Oh my goodness! Who would have ever thought of that? Truth can be stranger than fiction, indeed! 🙂

Here’s a link for the rest of you, if you want:

https://www.history101.com/boston-toffee-apple-tsunami/

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 342 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

Signup Source

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest