First Introduction Post

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself First Introduction Post

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@josiah 😀 I think so. My fake laugh sounds a little more fake. But probably

XD Hah, that’s cool. It’s pretty handy, although the email updates are of course the most vital.

By the way, was the descision not to put how many posts people had next to them meant to make everyone more on an equal level and not have them try to post just to get a higher count? It seems to equal things out for me 🙂

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@sam-kowal Right now it’s a “we haven’t talked about if we should do rankings or not so we’re defaulting to nothing until we actually talk about it.” 😛 IMO, it’s a tricky balance since (a) it’s good to have some way of signaling who’s the most involved/helpful in a community, but (b) it’s not good to encourage aimless postings or spending too much time on a forum & not enough time actually writing.

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@josiah I remember you talking a little about that in the livestream, how people should be writing if they have limited time rather than posting… it is a tough balance. You definitely don’t want to spend all your time talking about writing but not writing. *wonders*

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara

@josiah HELLO and this is so exciting! You probably don’t remember me because I’m a newbie on Kingdom Pen and I’ve been neglecting it to attend to the Aetherlight forums. *awkward laugh* But I am SUU excited for the guilds!

If anyone wonders, I guess I’m a Triceratops.

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Grace Livingston
      @gracelivingston

@josiah Haha, exactly. XD

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

overcomer
      @overcomer

Hi, Josiah.  You pick up other people’s laughing styles? That’s funny. I tend to do that too, to a small degree, not just laughs but gestures, facial expressions, even accents. The accent thing is the least subtle. I can watch an episode of a British show or even just read a book by a British author and unconsciously pick up an accent. It used to drive my family crazy but they’re used to it now… actually, it still drives them crazy.

Cindy Green
        @cindy

@overcomer I see no downsides to this

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

overcomer
        @overcomer

The only downside @cindy , is when people think I’m doing it on purpose but I’m unaware that I’m doing it all. 🙂 It’d be handy if I wanted to be an actress. I actually do like stage acting but I don’t get many opportunities in a rural area like mine.

Josiah DeGraaf
          @josiah

@sam-kowal Yep. It’s a tricky thing to balance. Probably not something we can ever perfect, but it is one of our goals to have this forum focused on education & accountability to avoid giving writers another distraction.

@lady-iliara
          I think I somewhat-recognize you from the KP forum… Didn’t interact much, but I think our times crossed enough for me to at least recognize your username.

@overcomer
          I wish I could do that with accents. I’ve wanted to do accents for F.O.R.E.V.E.R., but am never able to get it.

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Elizabeth
          @elizabeth

Just gonna pop in and say hi, but you already know me and I know you, so I don’t have any cool questions or anything 🤷🏻‍♀️

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Josiah DeGraaf
          @josiah

@elizabeth Just gonna pop in and respond, but you already know me and I know you, so I don’t have any witty answers to any of your cool questions or anything. ;P

Elizabeth
          @elizabeth

Touché. @josiah

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa

@josiah If you’re a triceratops, then what type of dinosaur is Daniel? 🦖🦕

Josiah DeGraaf
          @josiah

@mariposa He thinks he’s a T-Rex. He’s probably not.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest