First Introduction Post

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself First Introduction Post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Hey all!

Super excited to be able to kick off these Guilds today. I’m guessing I probably don’t need to “introduce” myself, but thought I’d throw a post in here regardless. 😉 Plus it gives you all a chance to ask me questions if you so desire.

Random fact about me: I don’t have a real “laugh” of my own; instead, the way I laugh changes every six months depending on whom I’m hanging out with the most. (It’s all subconscious.) So if you look back at the videos I did for KP Cinema and compare how I laughed in the early videos compared to the later videos, you’re probably going to be able to see a difference. 😛

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

FIRST COMMENT!

I know, very original.

MUCH EXCITE TODAY THOUGH.  It’s still surreal to be rolling. I’ve really enjoyed being part of the process and getting this show on the road.  Really looking forward to the future.

And someday, Josiah, you’ll find your laugh.  It’s out there.

(Anyone looking for the first SE Fiction story idea?)

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

*Seconds Brandon in everything* This is going to be epic.

(Yes. XD)

btw, @Brandon-miller , I love that little title you’ve got there.

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

Same, @gabriellepollack.  I literally screenshotted it and sent it to a bunch of my friends.  Yours looks equally fab.

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@josiah Howdy, random stranger! 😉 Here’s a question you probably won’t get asked very often, but if you were a dinosaur, what species would you be? 😋

@brandon-miller
    Yes, please for SE fiction! *jumps up and down excitedly* I’m concocting some ideas for that myself…maybe title it “Raiders of the Lost Arc” staring all the staff members. And I second what Gabby said, awesome titles you two have there.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

Hello to some of my favorite people, who are hanging out on my favorite website! I’m not at all biased. 😉

*Pouts a little that I don’t have some kind of snazzy forum title, like Grammar Ninja* I need to talk to the management about that.

Oh wait, I am part of the management. 😆 I’m still not used to that.

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Hope Ann
    @hope-ann

*bows* Greetings. Glad to have the pleasure of meeting you.

The most important step a man can take is always the next one.

Gabrielle Pollack
    @gabriellepollack

@Brandon-Miller That’s fantastic. XD *bows* Why thank you, kind sir.

@Mariposa
    That. That is an amazing title :D. And I second your question to Josiah.

@Briannastorm
    XD I like Grammar Ninja.

Cindy Green
    @cindy

This place is beautiful. I can already feel the warmth from these embers. 🙂

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

Grace Livingston
    @gracelivingston

@josiah I feel ya. I’ve got a speaking voice that changes depending on the situation. XD

"I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily.

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@josiah I have the exact same problem with my laugh! Glad I’m not the only one. My friends just think I’m weird, which, as you know is true, but now I’m not the only one 🙂

“I feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

Josiah DeGraaf
      @josiah

@brandon-miller Maybe. I don’t mind stealing other people’s laughs. 😉

@gabriellepollack
      Just wait. You’re getting an upgrade by the end of the day.

@mariposa
      Triceratops easily. Generally peaceful, but with the ability and motive to get into a fight and hold my own if needed. (Preferably intellectual/verbal fights than physical ones, though. xD)

@briannastorm
      I mean; you’re the one in charge of the title cards, so… xD

@hope-ann
      Never met you before, but I guess you’re probably a cool person.

@cindy
      Yep. The embers are great as long as they don’t burn you!

@gracelivingston
      Opportunity to do voices on the podcast then?

@christieaton
      Wow. I have never met someone else like me in this regard. Who would have thought!

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

Brianna Storm Hilvety
      @briannastorm

@josiah Touché! I guess if I don’t think the title on my badge is interesting enough, the only person I should complain to is myself then, huh? 😂

@mariposa
      We need to have a discussion about what dinosaur species staff members identify with. The responses would be intriguing. 😋

@gabriellepollack
      @brandon-miller *Whispers* As Josiah mentioned, you’ve got a treat coming (which I kinda created at the last second, but better late than never). 😉

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Sam Kowal
      @sam-kowal

@josiah

On the topic of laughs, I have to confess that most everyone I know thinks I have a fake laugh. So either I have never been truly amused around them and have only been pretending, or I have a naturally strange laugh, in which case I’m excited to fit in here.

PS

Does your laugh, by any chance, chance with the seasons? A deep ‘Ho ho ho’ around Christmas, perhaps?

Congratulations on the little notification bubble at the top of this site, by the way. That’s a helpful feature

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
      Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
      I would have saved you one!

Josiah DeGraaf
      @josiah

@sam-kowal Haha; so does that mean that eventually when you fake laugh, people will think it’s a real laugh since they’ve been trained for that? 😉

Unfortunately not. I don’t spend enough time with Santa. 😛

Haha–yeah. KP staffers had that bar but I honestly didn’t realize the average user didn’t have that until after I stepped down from the staff and saw what that was like!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest