fb

First Graphic Art. Critique? Thoughts?

Forums Art Art Critique First Graphic Art. Critique? Thoughts?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

Hallo, fellow writers and artists alike! So I personally have never done graphic art before, and I was hoping I could get some critique, tips and maybe even some thoughts on how to improve my work! I just finished the work below on my character Jayden. I’m going to tag @anne-of-lothlorien because I’ve seen her work on stuff like this and it is rather good.

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
    https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

I, David
    @i-david

@lillian-parks03 That looks great! I especially love the quote. Very nice.

P.S. You didn’t tag Ms. Anne of the Lothloriens correctly.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lillian-parks03

*gasps*

That looks awesome!! 😀

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@lillian-parks03

WOW!! This is so beautiful! Absolutely stunning!

What program did you use to make it?? I keep wanting to make them…but I have no idea how, without downloading some random thing off the internet. *sigh*

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

@eden-anderson Hey thanks! And I honestly didn’t use a program. I just took a black screenshot, copied and pasted some photos from the web and some I took onto it adjusted the colours and that’s it.

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
    https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@lillian-parks03 – Aww, thank you! I’m glad you enjoy my work.

Yours looks awesome, and if you didn’t know, black and white/greyscale color coordinated collages are my favorite graphic designing projects EVER, so it speaks to my soul.

I would recommend trying to even out the spaces you have between photos so they’re all evenly spaced.

I use a program on my computer called paint and paint.net that just came with it. It’s limited options, but I don’t have internet at home, so I can’t use my favorite editor all the time. My favorite is called pixlr. So many options, so you could check that out if you’re interested in doing further things. If you’re looking for websites for pictures that are royalty free, you can try unsplash or istock.

Personally, I almost never create something that’s not color coordinated, so it’s easy for me to see one picture and branch off by matching colors and themes.

One tip – always try to have ‘balance’ in the collage. If you’re going with black and white, try not to make the dominantly black photos all to one side and all the greyer ones to the other. Also try to combine different picture sizes and shapes unless you’re going for a perfectly the same size collage, which are great too.

Hope this helps!

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@lillian-parks03

Okay! That makes sense. 😀

@anne-of-lothlorien

Do you use Pixlr on the internet or can you download it? And would you recommend down loading it?

Thanks for all the awesome tips too!!

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson I use it on the internet. I have no idea about downloading it.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien

Okay, thanks!

How do you make collages on there? I was checking it out but I couldn’t figure out how to make it work unless I would take a blank background and paste other pictures on top…is that how you do it? Any tips or advice about using Pixlr? (sorry for asking so many questions…😉)

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@eden-anderson I promise I’ll come back with some answers, but right now I don’t have the time. Hopefully I can answer your questions next week.

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hey that’s fine! It’s not imperative.

I’ll just go freak out some more about those collages while I wait…😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest