fb

Finally introducing myself :)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Finally introducing myself :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Judylynn
    @judylynn

Hi, everybody! I joined Story Embers a few months ago, but I have had some unexpected “life interruptions.” I am now ready to jump in to this group of what seems to be wonderful writers!

My name is Judy, username Judylynn. I live in East Tennessee, near the Smoky Mountains.

I am currently working on an historical fiction novel about a modern day young girl who is struggling with bullies. In the midst of this, she learns about an ancestor who had similar issues and she attempts to apply lessons learned from her great grandmother to what she is currently facing in her local school. Along the way, she also gains insight into what it means to love your neighbor (including bullies!) and how to be thankful for the family God has given to her.

I have had a few articles published, but I still consider myself very much a newbie at writing. I will be grateful for your patience with me as I learn more about the art of writing.

Thank you for letting me join!

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

Good morning, @judylynn! Welcome to this resting place of intense degrees! We are honoured to have you as another member of SE!

Sounds interesting! (I guess exclamation marks aren’t necessary but may, in the general use, be located as inviting?!!!)

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@judylynn

Oooh Tennessee?!! We’re neighbors! I’m from Kentucky!

Your book sounds great!

And no worries about being a newbie. Helping newbies is one of my favorite things. I started a thread in the Characters thread just for helping people with their characters. So if you’re interested, head on over. I’ll try to help the best I can, but I’m not the bet writer in the universe or anything and sometimes I have struggles myself. But if I can’t answer your questions I’ll try to tag someone who I think can.

What is your favorite book? Movie? Song? Musical artist? Type of music? Genre?

Are there any books/movies that you would like to read/watch?

Sold souls and dead promises

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Greetings @judylynn

It’s great to meet you. I’m also a novice writer, but this is a great place to learn.

Do you have any pets?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Judylynn
    @judylynn

@w-o-holmes

Thank you for your kind welcome! I look forward to being a part of this community of like-minded writers!

Judylynn
    @judylynn

Thank you! I’ve been to your state just a few times, but it seems to be a friendly and beautiful place.

Favorite book? Are you kidding? 😁

Favorite movie: 🤔 Princess Bride is in my top ten. My recent favorite is Christopher Robin.

Favorite Song: In Christ Alone or Behold Our God

I don’t really have a favorite musical artist, but my favorite type of music is Christian Worship.

Favorite Genre (another hard question): Historical Fiction

I’m still thinking on your last question about what I would like to read/watch.

Judylynn
    @judylynn

@kayla-skywriter

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have a cat. Her name is Burton, named after one of the main characters in the tv show, Psych. The reason she has a male name is because we thought she was a boy when she was very little. But the name seems to fit her well, so we didn’t change it.

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@judylynn Those are some of my favourite songs, too! I play the guitar for my church so I really get to listen to the words of the songs. It’s especially great when the last song kinda follows the sermon, right?

Judylynn
    @judylynn

@w-o-holmes

Yes, I agree. Do you know the song called Ancient Words? Or the song Show Us Christ? Those two are wonderful songs to sing just before the sermon.

Thank you for your comments!

Judylynn

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@judylynn I’ve never heard of those songs before, but I’m sure they’re great! Have you heard O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer before? It’s one of my favourites. Top ten that actually encompasses around 100+

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@judylynn

Thank you! Our state is beautiful, but from the pictures I’ve seen of the smoky mountains they’re so much prettier!!

I love the song ‘In Christ Alone’! Do you have a favorite version of it?

Sold souls and dead promises

Judylynn
    @judylynn

@w-o-holmes

Oh, wow! This is crazy! I went to church last night, and they introduced a new song and it was that song! I had not heard it until then. I think maybe the worship leaders heard it at the recent Sing! Conference in Nashville a few weeks ago. How interesting that you mentioned it the same day I first heard it…

I like the lyrics as well as the music.

Judylynn
    @judylynn

Yes, I love where I live. We have been here for 18 years now and I hope to live here for the rest of my life. But I love traveling to other places and seeing the beauty of God’s creation!

Leon Fleming
    @w-o-holmes

@judylynn Huh! Well what do ya know, that’s cool. My favourite version would probably be the Sovereign Grace people. How about you? What version did you do?

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@judylynn

Cool, I have a wonderful dog named Tinker, and a cat named Sneakers.

Yes!  Princess Bride forever!

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest