fb

Fantasy Writers/Character Castle Not Working?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Fantasy Writers/Character Castle Not Working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    solanelle
    @calidris

So…uhhhh

Is anyone else having issues with SE lately?

When I click on the Character Castle 2.0 page, it shows a white screen that says “No matching template found.”  Same with the Fantasy Writers group (which is why I’m putting this in the General Writing Discussions group) and also if I click on people’s profiles.  This has been going in for a few days now, and it’s disappointing because I really wanted to post to the castle 🙁

If everyone else is having the same issue, maybe we could start a temporary Character Castle that isn’t associated with the Fantasy Writers group?  I think that might be where the issue started, but idk, I’m not a computer expert by any means XD

@rose-colored-fancy

@inkhorn

@mamaauthoress

@lady-grace

@e-n-leonard

@ethan-leonard

@this-is-not-an-alien

@irishcelticredflowercrown

*laughs as one fey*

Blooming Grace
    @lady-grace

@calidris
    I’m having issues too! (and I know @ethan-leonard also is)

A long-hidden tale may hold the answers-and the healing-they so desperately seek.
    ~Set the Stars Alight

solanelle
    @calidris

@lady-grace oh well…I’ll go ahead and start a temporary replacement!

One other reason is that I have a Christian artist acquaintance who I just recently learned also writes…and I was getting so close to getting her interested in SE but it wasn’t working and she couldn’t see the character castle 🙁

*laughs as one fey*

E. N. Leonard
    @e-n-leonard

Yes, all the “main” genere type groups are having the same issue.

@calidris

We are called to be lights in the cosmos.
    May your inkwells never run dry!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@calidris

I’ve been experiencing the same problem, and so has @this-is-not-an-alien

When I click on the Character Castle 2.0 page, it shows a white screen that says “No matching template found.”

I get the error message too, it looks like a website bug.

@daeus-lamb
    ?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

@calidris

I’m experiencing the same problem as well. All the groups keep on saying “No matching template is found.”

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

I will look into this.

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

@calidris @lady-grace @rose-colored-fancy @inkhorn @e-n-leonard My apologies for the errors! It looks like there was a software update that inadvertently broke those pages. I have undone that update, and the groups/profiles should be working now…let me know if it’s fixed for you or not!

Blooming Grace
    @lady-grace

@josiah
    Still going blank for me

A long-hidden tale may hold the answers-and the healing-they so desperately seek.
    ~Set the Stars Alight

E. N. Leonard
    @e-n-leonard

Yeah, still messed up for me, it just doesn’t have the message about no matching template.

We are called to be lights in the cosmos.
    May your inkwells never run dry!

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Yeahh what the update taketh it shall never return, I’m afraid the Fantasy Writer’s forum as we know it will never again exist excepting the pages and pages I saved to my thumbdrive to read offline until my thumbdrive decided it was writeprotected and could not be unwritten. There is no escape…it is gone…

BY THE WAY FOLKS IT WORKSSSSS IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKSS THE FANTASY WRITER’S FORUM WORKS NOW JUST SCROLL DOWN A LITTLE MORE THAN USUAL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!❤️🥰 @josiah @daeus-lamb

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Blooming Grace
    @lady-grace

*blinks*
    *checks again*
    Oh yeah… Yay!! Thank you!!

~Set the Stars Alight

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

It’s working! Thank you!

Handmaiden
    @mamaauthoress

It’s still giving me a blank page if I go to my profile, the fantasy writer’s forum, or anywhere else that isn’t this group …

@calidris
    , I saw your reply on the castle via an email, but I can’t access it :/

Anxious gremlin coming through

solanelle
    @calidris

@josiah @daeus-lamb Thank you so much!

@mamaauthoress
    hmm…I don’t know if you’ve already tried this, but I usually get a blank page, and when I scroll down I can find the castle

Or, you could try logging out and closing SE, then opening it up again and logging back in?

I’m…not terribly good when it comes to tech issues, so I’m not sure I’m the best help here XD  If you’re still having issues though, we could definitely switch to the other castle I set up!

*laughs as one fey*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest