Fanfiction writers unite!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Fanfiction writers unite!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

Heyo everyone. I’ve been reading fanfiction for years, and I’ve seen a couple people on here who write it… so I thought I’d expand my little circle of fandom friends. So, anyone on here that write fanfiction? I write for Avatar:The Last Airbender, Fullmetal Alchemist, My Hero Academia, Akagami no Shirayukihime…. all but one of those are anime… but I also read Lotr, Avengers, Voltron, and other fandoms.

Anyhow, I thought we could all bond and chat about our favorite fan theories. XD Like the TodoDabi(bnha) theory, anyone? Or the many Voltron theories… or the Loki’s false death theories…. 😉 Theories are always fun.

So, anyhow, come out of your hobbit holes, fellow fanfiction writers. 😉

"Come waste your time with me..."

Grace
    @h-jones

*slams hands down on table*

ME.

I love fanfiction, I really do. xD Though I haven’t been reading much, since my writing standards are like… way, way too high… ha… but if it’s good fic, then I will pour over it sO FAST.

Legend of Zelda stuff is my cup of tea (obviously P:), but I also love A:TLA, Avengers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Voltron, etc. Thus far, I’ve only written for Sonic the Hedgehog, and that was a really long time ago. I’m working on a Legend of Zelda fiction bit now though, with one of my OCs. 🙂 ahhhhlovethatgamesomuch

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

@h-jones cool! I love reading pretty much any fandom I come across–HP, Legend of Zelda, ATLA, Bnha, Voltron, Lotr… literally almost anything. XD I’ve only written three fics so far, one is a oneshot of FMA, another is a series of short oneshots on a character of anime I love, and one will hopefull be an epic ATLA fic to rival Embers(by Vathara). Btw, if you haven’t read that fic, you need to. Now. It is amazing, and Zuko-centric. Zuko is awesome. XD

Silverclaw
      @silverclaw-bonnetfolly

I’ve only ever written a Percy Jackson, but I read a lot about HP, Voltron and Avengers.

Nola? AZELINE!!! For ChristWard!

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

YES!

Hi, fellow fanfic writers! I’m so glad this topic exists, I feel so lonely on here sometimes with everyone working on original things, lol.

I’ve written fanfics for: Voltron, Star Wars, Avatar: the Last Airbender (and Legend of Korra), Nanatsu no Taizai (the Seven Deadly Sins) and Kingdom Hearts (with some Final Fantasy thrown in) and Destiny (another video game), but I read fanfics for Bleach, FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, Au no Exorcist, Sword Art Online, Naruto, Boruto…*consults Netflix watchlist* Ninjago, Trollhunters, and Miraculous Ladybug. Though now that I think about it, I’ve written stuff for Ninjago too…

To be honest, there’s probably a lot more that I’m forgetting.

OH! I started watching BNHA recently and it’s another show that I think I’m gonna start writing for. I love the characters, and the quirks, and the whole story… *happy sigh* superheroes are awesome. So easy to write for! You create a MC and plop him/her down in the story… that being said, I haven’t actually started writing a fanfic for it yet…any pointers? @sarah-inkdragon

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

@elizabeth Cool! Are you on fanfiction.net? I’m trying to friend some of my writerly friends on there. Ooh, Voltron and ATLA.

As for BNHA fandom… have you heard of the Dabi-is-a-Todoroki theory? Aka TodoDabi or DabiTodo? I’m working on a big DabiTodo fanfic with him as the MC. Because Dabi is my boi and he needs more love XD. I’d actually shy away from writing an OC in the bnha fandom… there’s no many characters and the worlds and politics are so complex that I think you’d regret it later on, especially if it’s your first fic in the fandom. If I were you, I’d pick an existing character and write about them. Idk though, OC’s are sometimes fun. I personally despise most OC stories because *shudder* some people are just terrible at writing OC’s.

Oh, btw. If you want to find my fics, I’m Realm-Leaper on fanfiction.net.

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Oooh I love HP fanfiction. Dramione forever XD. And Voltron is awesome as well, so is Avengers(even if I just mainly read Loki fics. XD)

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

@sarah-inkdragon *scratches head*

I’m not even sure I know who Dabi is…I haven’t read the manga, just watched the anime. Sorry.

And yeah, I agree that most OC Fics can be terrible, but…I tend to ignore that. I’m very stubborn.

I’m on FFN and Ao3, but if you want to find stuff i’ve Actually written, check out Dragonfire0226 on AO3.

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

@elizabeth

WUT. He’s in the anime, I think he comes in like mid season 1 or early season 2…. but he’s a villain XD.  I have a thing for villains. Plus if he’s a Todoroki(I’m guessing you know who this is?) then he’ll have a super sad backstory that I just loooove. XD

Ooh, I’ll friend you or whatever on FFN and AO3. 😉

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

I recognize the faces better than names, lol.

Yay! I haven’t posted anything on FFN, but I’ve been working on a thing for SDS that I’m planning on posting to AO3. I like the format of AO3 a lot better, haha. @sarah-inkdragon

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

My Ao3/FFN tag is Dragonfire026…don’t know if I wrote it correctly the first time.

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

@elizabeth That’s why a couldn’t find you XD. You wrote two 2’s the first time. I’ve never actually watched SDS, what’s it like? The name threw me off at first but most anime’s have strange names XD. Is it good?

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

YES! The plotline is so good, and the characters are so wonderfully written. I’d recommend it, but…first a warning.

You know how animes can be with…modesty (or lack of it)? This show has a handful of inappropriate moments. The main character has a penchant for being a little handsy with the female lead (though nothing too explicit) and there’s a side character with a rather revealing outfit, but if that kinda stuff doesn’t bother you, then I definitely recommend.

It’s nothing too bad (and I should add that I wouldn’t watch it, mention it, or even think about recommending it if it was), but I did want to warn you, not knowing who you are or how old you are and all.

In anime terms, I’d say the side character I described is dressed kinda like Lust from FMA? If that gives you a good idea, lol. @sarah-inkdragon

Sarah Inkdragon
      @sarah-inkdragon

@elizabeth

Haha I get you there. The only animes  that I’ve ever watched that aren’t a little immodest are A Silent Voice(which I reccomend 110%! This anime is amazing), Hyouka(again, another amazing anime. It’s a mystery/slice of life anime), Your Lie in April(which is also on Netflix, same as SDS, and it’s amazing), Akagami no Shirayukihime is great to and very modest(like, literally almost nothing other than a couple very cheesy jokes and a couple kisses)…. yeah, that’s about it XD. Have you ever seen Durarara? It’s like a supernatural anime set in Tokyo.

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

*grins* Well then yes, if you’re not bothered by atypical anime nuttiness, then I’d DEFINITELY recommend Seven Deadly Sins. And as a bonus, the dubbed version of season 2 just came out like a week ago. I watched it as the episodes were coming out in Japan (don’t tell the anime police, lol) but the dubbed version is absolutely incredible–my favorite.

I haven’t seen Durarara! Is it good? @sarah-inkdragon

You wouldn’t happen to have a facebook, would you? Not that I’m a stalker lol, I just have so few people I can geek out about anime with…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest