Fanart

Forums Art Art Critique Fanart

This topic contains 109 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

XD I… sorta agree with that. I mean, yeah, people are pretty judgemental of their own artwork, but for me, that’s because I honestly know I could have done better had I tried harder. It’s just based on the standard you set for yourself. I know people who will paint something and love it where if I had done that same job myself I would absolutely hate it. (Yup, being a total narcissist over here… sorry. XD) *shrugs* Sometimes, though, we will meet our standards. It’s rare, but I’ve done it a few times. Of course, I raised my standard even higher after finishing those projects, but… yeah. You just have to choose how far you wanna take it. ‘Cause anything can be art.

ENTJ. Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@lianajdouglas
    Oh yeah, I totally get what you’re saying. I didn’t mean no one ever makes anything they’re happy with, I just meant that more than most artists aren’t happy with their skill level. Every artist wants to be better. Or at least, every artist older than 6 years old. xD

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@the-fledgling-artist

Laughs Yep. That’s a good thing, though. 😉

What was the first project that you were proud of?

ENTJ. Artist. Actress. Fantasy Fiction. MBTI Nerd. Star Wars. Marvel Films. Piano. Jesus Freak.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@lianajdouglas Ooh.. That’s a tough question. I’d have to look through my first sketchbook probably. (Which, now I feel inspired to go do. Maybe I’ll post a picture later haha.)

Do you know what the first project you were proud of is?

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

Also,

@kari-karast Yes! Laughs, imagining Owl Head sticking his tongue in Flynn’s ear 

…This is messed up. Laughs some more

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Here’s a thing I did the other day after watching the new star wars teaser trailer. Ray isn’t on my list of favorite characters, but I really love her character design, so I couldn’t help but do a quick sketch of her.

Liana J. Douglas
    @lianajdouglas

@the-fledgling-artist

Oof, I was trying to think. There was a worldbuilding project I did with my cousins that was really cool. And that time my cousin and I both drew a castle together. That was fun. We took turns holding the pencil and adding on. XD It’s probably got something to do with my cousins, but…

Oh, wait! I know! I filled this whole notebook with dress designs that I had copied and made based off of Frozen, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and so forth. Looking at them now, they’re pretty terrible, but I loved that notebook to death. I should pick that up and try it again. It was fun. Blinks ‘Cept I hate wearing dresses… Oh, well.

Hey, that’s cool! I need to get into drawing more characters from films.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@lianajdouglas

*is dying* OHGOODNESSGRACIOUS. You need to post that on YWW and tag Owl Head and Flynn so we can tell them about this most illustrious image of them. XD XD XD XD XD

@the-fledgling-artist

That looks so much like her!! I know I have some SW peoples I drew a while ago… lemme go find them.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Grace Carter
    @h-jones

*attacks this thread with ferocity*

YES. JANNER WINGFEATHER AND SARA COBBLER. YES. YESYESYES.

INSJHDJNAJKHEHBDKJNAJKHD

Anyway. XD Erica, you’re a great artist!! Wow!! I did not know that about you. 😀

Both your pictures are amazing!! I particularly like the LotR one though… ahh. Such pretty colors. <3

EDIT: wow after scrolling through all these pages, I am in awe. Such… amazing… art…

ALSO??? MOVIES???? FOR THE WINGFEATHER SAGA???SKDJWLEJEIQOEJJFOWKENFJQKENFBSI

AND HE’S WRITING ANOTHER BOOK??

HELP ME?? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS INFORMATION????

Another edit: whoops I actually don’t have fanart to offer as of right now </3 😂😂 potentially one day!

—Cartographer of Life’s Wandering Ways.
    Also, secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@h-jones

Aww!! Thank you!!! I love my Janner and Sara Cobbler picture… I know it’s not the most spectacular thing I’ve ever done or anything, but… It’s Janner and Sara Cobbler, how can I not adore them?? I did it while camping and my sister had to make me close my sketchbook and turn off the light so we could go to bed. XD

I’m really not a very good artist at all… I just have had practice playing with colored pencils and drawing for years and enjoy doing it, but thank you!!! 🙂 <3

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Liana J. Douglas
      @lianajdouglas

@kari-karast

XD Perhaps. Laughs 

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@kari-karast Yesss, I wanna see your SW art!

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

Here’s some!! I redid it a tad to make it look more realistic(bc I know more about drawing than I did back when I drew it), but otherwise it’s still pretty much the same pic!!

They’re characters from the Star Wars Expanded Universe/Legends books. 🙂

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

aaa

@kari-karast It’s not showing up for me right now. It’s probably an issue on my end tho, not yours. I live in the country and sometimes the internet connection is really weak and things get weird.

(I bet it looks amazing tho)

*cries*

Veraza Winterknight
      @kari-karast

@the-fledgling-artist

Aww. I can try reposting it through a different… um… thing. XD I copied the image adress in a weird way this time instead of putting in images from my downloads cuz my computer is evil and hates me and won’t let me have any storage space for some really weird and unknown reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest