Fanart

Forums Art Art Critique Fanart

This topic contains 109 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 6 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

I am very reluctant to post my art… I’ve enjoyed stalking the art conversations, but I’ve never felt ready to put my art up…

I thought it would be fun to have a fanart thread (is there another one already up? Oh silly me if there is…), and I think I should go ahead and be brave enough to put some art up.

So, the first one is a painting I did for my best friend (we go back and forth calling each other Sam or Frodo quite often), and I am actually pretty proud of it as I didn’t know that I could paint. I had never really done much painting pictures.

So that is my painting, then here is one I am putting up because @anne-of-lothlorien asked me to… This is of Janner and Sara Cobbler (me imagining them at 15/16?). It may not be the most stunning drawing I’ve ever done, but I have shipped Janner and Sara for three years, so I love this one.

I’m not as proud of this one, but I still love it for the sake of adoration of Janner and Sara…  I may or may not work on this with digital art…

I will try to post another Wingfeather fanart (do you call it piece?) soon, I’m working on one of Leeli right now.

So, there you have it. That is some of my artsy stuff. Please, other people, if you have ever done fanart, please put it up here because I would LOVE to see it!!!

@anne-of-lothlorien @the-fledgling-artist @evelyn (after the discussion of hair colors…)

Who else does art (or likes LOTR or Wingfeather…)? Ummm…

@wordsmith will tag you because you like both. @kari-karast I think you too…

@catwing … Do you like art? Don’t know but I’ll put your tag in because your part of the SE class of 2019 XD

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@ericawordsmith I love them! ❤️

And yes I’ve done some fan art before… maybe I’ll go hunt some down. 😊

What kind of paint did you use for the one of Sam and Frodo?

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

@evelyn Thank you!

Yes, please do, I would love to see somebody else’s work. 🙂

I used acrylic paint for the painting. It’s pretty much all I ever use to paint anything.

I, David
        @i-david

I really love the mountain picture!

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

Thank you @i-david ! I want to give painting another shot… I think I’ve decided on my next painting project.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Oooh! What are you planning to paint next?

And I found one of my pieces of fan art. The house from Up. (:

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

@evelyn

I want to do Leeli and Yurgen from the short film. I absolutely love the purple and gold in it. I’m working on drawing it for practice right now, but I have another canvas I want to give it a shot on.

AWWWWWW!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!! Did you do it with watercolor? I love that movie…

Evelyn
            @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Aww, that will be so amazing. <3 I love that scene! It’s SO beautiful. Did you know that song is on Spotify??

I’m have an extra canvas from a project I did recently and I’m considering either to paint something Lord of the Rings themed or an elephant (cause they’re my favorite <33)

I actually just did it with colored pencils. I haven’t been able to do a lot of watercolor projects, though I hope to get a nice set for my birthday and start. Right now I only use those little cheap boxes that you get in kindergarten sort-of-thing, if you know what I mean. 😛

And yes, I love that movie too. 🙂

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@evelyn Aww, thank you!! We’ll see… It could end up being a disaster, but I’m excited to try it. I get chills every time I watch that scene… I’ve found it elsewhere because I don’t have spotify, but I don’t understand why the voice in the soundtrack sounds different than it does in the movie… Anyhow, that is one of my favorite songs ever!!

Blank canvases are so much fun to look at and wonder what you’ll do with it!! And an elephant sounds adorable!!!

O.K. I couldn’t tell, but it turned out lovely!! I’ve never been able to figure out watercolor, so if you can figure it out, than hats off to @evelyn!!

Evelyn
              @evelyn

@ericawordsmith Oh did you find The Arcadian Wild’s version instead of the film version where it’s Skye Peterson singing?

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien

@ericawordsmith *freaks out and flails* I LOVE THAT PICTURE SO MUCH!!!!! They are not exactly as I have them pictured in my head, but it is still sooooo adorable! You should one of Leeli and Thorne!

@evelyn * gasps and faints* That is the most adorable Up art I have EVER seen!!!!!!!!!!

So here are some things I did…

An almost high-school graduate with an obsession with words.
                I spend too much money on books.

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien

Okay that did not work… you might have to wait until I get better internet. Sorry. 😋

Evelyn
                  @evelyn

@anne-of-lothlorien Aww, thanks.

Now you’ve left me at a cliffhanger. I really want to see these pictures. xD

Anne of Lothlorien
                  @anne-of-lothlorien

This is Anne of Green Gables

EricaWordsmith
                    @ericawordsmith

@evelyn I found both, but Skye’s version, which is supposedly the film version sounds different with the vocals than it does in the film.

@anne-of-lothlorien

Thanks so much!! I think I got Janner pretty close to what I imagined for  him, Sara I envisioned her different than how I drew her, but it’s mainly a difference in the hair color… I was confused about what she was supposed to have.

Aw man… Well I really want to see your stuff whenever you can get it up!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest