fb

Eulogies

Forums Fiction Characters Eulogies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

I thought it would be fun characterization and description practice to come up with eulogies. I’ll start. Please join in!

“He was just such a man as always possessed the rapt attention of everyone who never cared for much in particular.”

πŸ˜€
    πŸ‘•πŸ‘
    πŸ‘– 🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

Ooh cool!

“Somehow he always picked up on the most subtle emotions of the people around him.”

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

I love this. I always thought I’d start my character eulogies with a poem.πŸ˜„

“A heart so very bold with right, It lights the veins with spark, And carries them through the night, And drags them through the dark.”

Not all those who wander are lost.

Bethania Gauterius
    @sparrowhawke

This is a great idea!

“He was born a villain but died a hero.”

“Where he was not strong of might, he was strong of heart. He always kept an eye open for the outcasts, those like himself who would not please others with someone they were not.”

"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

Fun!

“Every deep wound he ever received he used as a portal of light.” ~Kiet

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Maya Joelle
    @mayajoelle

“He took delight in putting to order the chaos others left behind.”

fear no evil | may evil fear you

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

I love this idea!

“She knew how to wield the simplest weapon against the darkness: a warm meal and a warm smile.”

“Doing good was like holding back the ocean, but he kept trying anyway.”

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting

“Even if the way he chose wasn’t the right way, he still wanted the best for us.”

“None of us liked him in the first place. We didn’t know who he was, or where he had come from. But now that we’re here, all I can say is…his presence will be missed, as well as his smile.”

"I set a melody upon the scenery I saw outside my window;
    It's beginning in my spacy world."
    - TK

Candide
    @candide

“Loliness wasn’t the final word to describe the future of that old man. Nor rest, nor safeness. In fact, who could see boldness fitting so well with silver hair?”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

“Only death, could pull away a hand as steadfast and loyal as hers, and unclasp it from my own. It’s like, when everyone else was done with you, she’d still be there… for some reason. I know I’ll never forget that.”
    A smile touched the corners of his mouth. The sort no one else could really see, but you could just sort of, feel it. In that moment he almost believed all the stories she had told him. Maybe it wasn’t for nothing. Maybe.
    “May the Faeries guide her soul.”

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

aa, guys, y’all’s were so fun to read

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

“she never gave up on trying, like the sea”

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

“He always wanted to be a hero.”

“There are some who would say she never spoke, that she could not speak.Β  But she did.Β  Through her eyes and her smile, and the innocent glint in her eye.Β  She spoke more clearly than any of us ever will.”

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Winter Rose
    @winter_rose

“He never was afraid of the dark.”

“He was never afraid to die. And by giving up a life he wasn’t afraid to lose, he gave us another day to live.”

β€œβ€¦I’m not the same person that I was…”
    β€œSome folks only grow more beautiful.”

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

β€œThere were more of us, once. More who could make the mountains tremble in our rapture, or the waters boil with our ardor. We could speak, not with a glance, or a gesture, but with a thought. We could feel the life around us; the final sigh of the eldest ram, first breath of the newborn kid, even the heartbeat of the very world beneath our feet.

β€œYet now, there is only one. The others have all gone, their memories fading with each passing year. Soon they will all be wiped away by the sands of time. Just one remains to continue on, alone and bereft. Just Jericho, last of all.”

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest