fb

*Enters with a Blast of Ice and Sleet*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Enters with a Blast of Ice and Sleet*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sierra Stevenson
    @sierraret

*shakes off accumulated snow from my bearskin cloak and heads straight for the warm hearth of the Story Embers Great Hall* *grins with a touch of madness*

Well, I’m back. For those who don’t know, I’ve just returned from a trip abroad in more temperate climates only to find my freezing wasteland of a country (also know as Canada) in the throes of a nasty ice storm that’s confined me at home the past three days. More importantly, it’s frustrated my reunion with our delightful poet and nurturer of sunflowers @cindy. I will fight my way to your side soon, my dear, even if I have to break out my snowshoes.

Beyond ranting about the weather, I also serve at Kingdom Pen as Writing Team Captain and very recently as Editor-in-Chief. Here I’m a humble staff writer, and I’m ridiculously excited to see where this new endeavor goes and meet all you new Guildings ๐Ÿ™‚

An abbreviated list of attributes that will assure our friendship: a fervent love of hammocks, dark chocolate, chai lattes, the color Royal Durin Blue, laughing around a campfire, and goodbye hugs under the stars. Oh, and visiting New Zealand has to be on your bucket list.

*stares at the snow puddle being created around my feet* I should probably do something about that. Can’t wait to soon become better acquainted with each and every one of you!

P.S. And since I know someone will ask, I’m aย ENTP, while my friends are convinced I’m aย ENFJ. Take your pick.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

Please, I beg of you, no more talk of this winter that never seems to end! *Shivers*

I love dark chocolate, and Iโ€™ve always wanted to visit New Zealand. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™m also delighted to finally discover your personality type, because I’ve always wondered what it was.

Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield

SNOW! *coversmouth* As pretty as this spring snow is, I can’t wait for actual spring weather!

Hammocks, laughing around a campfire and chai lattes. Two thumbs up. ๐Ÿ˜€

(can’t wait to hear more about your epic travels!)

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@sierraret Pleaase… no more talk of winter. I beg you ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ™‚ That was a cool entrance though. Why didn’t I do anything cool like that?

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the job of Staff Writer mainly entail? I mean, I’m guessingย writing, for Story Embers… articles?

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Cindy Green
    @cindy

@sierraret I miss you immeasurably. Winter in April needs to stop being a thing.

The Story Embers Great Hall, on the other hand… This needs to be a thing.

to elevate the soul, poetry is necessary. -eap

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@sam-kowal Yes, being a staff writer for SE involves submitting a piece of writing each month (though the type of content can vary) and then refining it through critique from other staff writers and the content/style revisions that Josiah and I recommend. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@sierraret Hi! Aberdeen is a fan of your writing. ๐Ÿฆ–

Your home sounds like Arendelle. ๐Ÿ˜œโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธ Whatโ€™s your favorite thing to do on snow days?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. ๐Ÿฆ–

Sierra Stevenson
    @sierraret

@cindyย @daeus-lamb Can we start a petition to make theย Story Embers Great Hall a thing?

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@sierraret I will sign that petition! ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s nice to find a fellow Canuck on this website. When will winter ever stop? I want summer. Someone needs to go find Elsa and comfort her. Her tantrums are getting way too out of hand. ๐Ÿ˜›

Red haired Disney Nerd. Proverbs 3:5-6 ENFP-T

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hi Sierra!!

Ooh, dark chocolate is the best. It’s bitter but also sweet and just amazing. Also hammocks are cool.

What do snowshoes look like? I’ve always pictured them as like, tennis rackets? But on your feet? Asking because here in Florida we don’t have to worry about snowshoes. Or snow, for that matter.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Sierra Stevenson
    @sierraret

Snow Shoe

@elizabeth
    Snowshoes can look like tennis rackets, but the pair I got from Costco is a little bit more modern ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve only been to Florida once *looks sadly at the jar of shells on my windowsill against the backdrop of snow outside*

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Costcos in Canada sell snowshoes? Here they sell swimsuits and sunscreen… @sierraret

Sierra Stevenson
    @sierraret

@elizabeth They sell swimsuits here too, in Janunary/February weirdly enough… I assume they’re for all the shoppers fleeing to Florida during those months.

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Probably. We love tourists here. Mostly.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@sierrraret Hmm. Maybe that’s what we could call the main forum?

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ‘– ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest