Enter the Taleweaver

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Enter the Taleweaver

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@sarah-narnathron

So… I was… *winces and blushes a little* snooping around and spying on random people on SE. And I noticed you like Bryan Davis’ books. Have you read his Dragons in our Midst, Oracles of Fire, or Children of the Bard series?

"You can dance with my henchman."

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

@kari-karast I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a Davis fan who hasn’t read those books, haha. But yes, I have read them and very much enjoyed them! (And I actually have all signed copies, thanks to my younger sister.)

Welcome to the masquerade.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@sarah-narnathron

I actually know of several people who have read Davis and not those books but anyway.

I LOVE those books! They’re my favorite in the entire world besides the Bible!!! How’d you like them? Who were your favorite characters?

Ooh! Signed copies! Nice!!

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

@kari-karast

Huh. Weird.

That’s pretty high praise. I wouldn’t say I love them quite much, but they (as a unit) are definitely in my top ten favorite fantasy series. Sometimes in my top five, depending on my mood. I should probably reread them sometime. Favorite characters . . . Ashley, Walter, and Professor Hamilton, without a doubt. Yours?

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@sarah-narnathron

I love fantasy. And dragons. And seeing how it’s got the Bible in it and how faith in God is expressed throughout it’s just really cool.

My favorite characters are Bonnie, Ashley, and Elam. (Although it is hard to decide since everyone’s so awesome. Mostly everyone.)

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

Makes sense on both counts! (And yeah, Davis does do a good job of making lots of cool characters.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@sarah-narnathron

Hi there! Sorry to revive a long since dead conversation, but I couldn’t help but notice the thing about musical magic back there… I haven’t read too much about musical magic, but do you think that’s an overused thing or could it still be done if given the right twist?

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Sarah Narnathron
      @sarah-narnathron

@ericawordsmith Anything can still be done if given the right twist. If you want to write something with music-based magic, go for it.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest