fb

Enneagram Anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Enneagram Anyone?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

I see quite a few people referring to the Myers-Briggs personality types, and I’m curious to see if anyone has taken or studied the Enneagram personality types?

If you’ve taken the RHETI test, what was your result? I’m a VERY solid 9w1. (The Peacemaker with The Reformer wing.)

Clumsy but cute. Apologizes a lot. Doesn't shed. Much.

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

I’ve absolutely no idea how the enneagram works lol, but I did take it once and it seemed to match my MBTI type pretty well. I think that’s…type 5? I wanna say it was something 5w2….

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

Ah, I know so little but I want to study it if I can just fit it in. I’m 3w4.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Tania
    @write-owl

I hardly know anything about enneagram either, except that I’m a type 7. 7w4, I think? Is there a website or book that you would recommend to learn more about it?

High-key stereotypical ENFP-T

Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

The best book I’ve read on the Enneagram is “The Road Back To You” by Ian Morgan Cron.

When you are working on your character sketches, do you use the MB or Enneagram to flesh out their personalities? Do you find that helps you figure out how the character ‘works?’

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Michelle.

Clumsy but cute. Apologizes a lot. Doesn't shed. Much.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

I’ve taken one, and while I can say I don’t understand it all to well, I do understand a little bit of it, enough to get why I got the results I got. Typically for creating characters though, I’ll run them through a standard personality test and an enneagram, to get to know them a bit better, especially for my MC’s. I don’t really type my character until they’re all the way developed though, because I feel that if I try to type them to soon I’ll just end up writing them into the stereotypes for that type as to “stay within their personality”, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and I’m a 5w6, and slightly eccentric just as they say. 😉 As far as personality types go, I’m an INTJ all the way.

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest