Emberites' Art Gallery (Free admissions!)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Emberites' Art Gallery (Free admissions!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    I, David
    @i-david

Greetings, artists of Story Embers! It is I, David!

It has been brought to my focus by a friend that the cozy and beloved part of our kingdom known as the art gallery is being left behind. The nations elders, officials, and rulers discussed it in length, but the hard choice was made to focus support on the majority of the population in the writing sectors and towns. It was difficult, but decided with good intention, prudence, and much thought.

But in the end, this means will lose their homes, and will need somewhere to migrate. So I’m opening this Inn/Art Gallery of sorts in case any of them would like to congregate and continue to share their lovely visions and ideas with the rest of us.

And yes, as the title says, all admissions are indeed free.

@the-fledgling-artist
    (Feel free to tag everyone you know and think would like to continue doing something like this. Sorry that this is the best I could do, but I hope it helps at least a little.)

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@i-david

aww, this is really sweet of you. I don’t really have any other words to say. xD I really appreciate that you care about us artists though.

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist I thought of you when I read the announcement. I know how much you really wanted the art department to grow, and I’m so sorry it didn’t work out. 🙁

It feels so unfair as a writer to have more opportunities here. 😛

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@evelyn Aww, I appreciate that. It’s definitely disappointing, but I have peace about it. I think maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. In a way, it’s almost a relief. I think unconsciously the reason I’ve been so active on the forums was that I was trying to make the art department into what I thought it was supposed to be.  So now, it’s like a weight that wasn’t supposed to be there has lifted. It’s still sad for me, but I know that if I’m supposed to connect with other Christian artists God will cross our paths.

I, David
    @i-david

@the-fledgling-artist As mentioned before, feel free to tag any other artists that you think might maybe possibly like this. You’re the expert here, after all. 😉

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

What??  They are taking the gallery away?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Evelyn
    @evelyn
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@ashira Yeah. It’s sad. You should probably read the newest news article on the blog.

Actually, all the artsy people should.

@slisby
    @dekreel (whenever you come back from hiatus) @lin @theclumbsy_lamplighter @ellagrace @writerforever @h-jones

Y’all need to read

https://storyembers.org/the-future-of-our-art-department/

That.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

oh, Evelyn beat me to it. xD

Grace
    @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Thank you for the tag!

Aw, man… this makes me so sad. I definitely respect the Story Embers team for making that decision, however, and I’ll admit it even makes sense.

Haha, Fledge, maybe you and I could open our own visual storytelling platform. XD It would kind of go along with me making my own website for my comic anyway. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

@i-David
      I absolutely love that you call this an Inn. I’m now envisioning a cozy Middle Earth-esque inn with art lining the walls. Best visual image 2019 😂😂

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones Aaagh- I know! It’s especially sad for me because before I met all the amazing artists on here I didn’t know hardly any Christain artists. I wish this could have been a platform where more artists could have found out they’re not as alone as they thought.

Honestly, if it wasn’t so much work, and if I wasn’t completely clueless on how to go about doing that, I would so be down for it. xD

(How is planning your comic coming along anyway? Are you gonna look into making a website?)

Grace
      @h-jones

@the-fledgling-artist Argh, you’re so right. Ugh. The more it sinks in the sadder I get! Fledge! Please don’t leave just because the art department is coming to an end!! Or if you REALLY think you should… just expect frequent visits from me on your Instagram 😂😂

Hahaha!! Same girl, same 😂😂 Yes, knowing me, running a platform would probably be a little too much for me to handle at the moment. Ah, well. Maybe one day! XD As for the comic, it’s coming along, slowly but surely. I’m in the process of creating a checklist of baby steps to getting the job done, since I’m the worst about being vague. 😂 (I.e., “I need to start outlining” vs “I will start outlining the prologue on the 5th of April and continue to do so for two hours a day.”) I’ve found that having little steps to accomplish instead of one big step is hugely helpful and motivating, because you see how much progress you’re making! 😁

As for the story itself, I have a good bit of it ironed out but there’s still some stuff I need to work on. Hm. Would you be interested in maybe letting me bounce some ideas off you every once in a while??

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@h-jones I know! It’s super sad. I understand though. This is primarily a site for writers. I admire them for wanting to be the best resource they can be for the writers, even if it means dropping the art department.

Don’t you worry! For as long as the art guild manages to live, I shall continue to talk everyone’s ears off about art. xD

Sounds like you’re off to a good start on your comic. I need to start setting some more definite goals for writing/outlining my own comic.

Yas girl! Bounce away. Anytime. 😀

Sarah Louise
        @slisby

@the-fledgling-artist Welp, just read the article and oof. </3 I mean, it’s completely understandable and all… but sad and a teensy bit disheartening.

@i-david
        Thank you so much for doing this! I don’t have anything to share as of yet, but it’s really super duper nice that this is here. ^-^

"Not all who wander are lost.

...But I sure am." -doge

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@slisby Aaagh, I know! I’m at a place where I’m okay with it now, but at first, I felt very devalued as an artist, like we’re not as important or good as writers. I know that’s wrong, but it’s hard to connect feelings with fact sometimes.

I wish there was some other platform for Christian artists out there, but even so, I’m really glad I got to find all of you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest