fb

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo (hi)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Elen sila lumenn omentielvo (hi)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@andrew

Actually, the test is wrong, and I’m an ESTJ.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

@andrew Cool! That is a lot of siblings (fun though). In my family we have two INTPs (I am one), one ENTP, two INTJs (yes we have a unusual family of types), and I’m not sure about my other brother, though I know he is IS, though I would guess ISTP, or ISTJ.

INTP Fantasy/ Sci-fi writer. Secretly also an elf. A Parimi and of Camp Artifex.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@rebecca-w, hey, I also have an ENTP brother. And my dad’s a ISTJ. And also…

I believe we may have two INTJs in my family too.

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

@andrew

Nice! That is a great setup. 🙂

INTP Fantasy/ Sci-fi writer. Secretly also an elf. A Parimi and of Camp Artifex.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@rebecca-w, so… do you often study personality types for your characters? Okay, I’m assuming you do, because you know a lot about them. After looking at them so much, I think I can remember all the names for each personality type.

But anyway, have you come up with any creatures yet? I have, but I haven’t got into depth quite yet about the creatures… because I hadn’t started writing about them.

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

@andrew

I do use them, but most of my knowledge comes just from curiosity rather than direct research (I only have great knowledge NTs anyway). I’m also really bad with characters.

Yes I have been creating creatures!

One of my creations is the Evrue. Tall, shaggy with thin arms and large hands. They were accidentally let out of their dimension. They feed off of anything good in a person, leaving them shells, evil versions of the person (called Jofudel [the jofudel tend to hunt down and kill anyone they knew and kill them]).

In my world building I have been working on more creatures, but these are based of Irish and Scottish legends, as well as a couple of other sources, though they are no-where near accurate.

How about you?

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@rebecca-w, cool!

I have a lot of things I’m planning, and it would be a lot if I said all of them. Though I can tell you of a couple. I have a thread in the world building forum called World Making, if you want to go see more there.

I may have this race called the ‘links.’ Links are evil beings which, well… link all the worlds together. They are good fighters, but I haven’t had much descriptions how they look yet. I’m thinking of either making them in these sleek blue or black armored outfits (oh, and just so you know, this is a fantasy).

Then I also have tons of other races and animals and plants and blah, blah, blah.

I also like sometimes mixing fantasy with futuristic or some other genre related to that.

Oh, and I really like making up characters. They’re so fun to come up with. Like I have this albino artist, sort of shy and secretly paints pictures of various people. Then there’s this crazy librarian, and this extremely strict, picky villain. And then I have a lot of others too, like an old wise man who actually turns out to be a spy from the stars. But the point is, I really like making up characters.

What do you like best about writing? Whatever they may be.

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

Sounds very cool! I’m pretty good at character concepts, not so good at the voice and making sure everyone has different personalities.

I like world building best, second to that, first drafts.

What about you?

@andrew

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@rebecca-w

One of the most things fun about writing to me is characters and world building. Not sure which one I like better, though.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@wordsmith, oh, I forgot to tell you, I also have an ESTJ brother.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Okay!

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest