fb

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo (hi)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Elen sila lumenn omentielvo (hi)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

Hello giant group of internet writers.

My name is Rebecca.

I write fantasy mostly, with some sci-fi (namely a dystopian I’m writing now. I never thought I would ever write a dystopian, but here goes…) I once even tried to write a mystery.

I have been ‘on’ this forum for many months, but I have never actually said anything till today (I find forums (especially giant ones) very intimidating).

I’m an INTP.

I like to paint, draw, read, sew and design (especially costumes), write, wander about in the woods, keep snakes, and spend time in my imagination.

If I could pick any superpower, I would choose the ability to manipulate water. Powerful, and could be used as a weapon, but also help, like keep back floods or put out water. Also, I would never have to wait for paint to dry ever again.

Aside from my ability to manipulate water, I’m secretly an elf, aes sedai, mistborn, a member of sg-1, and like to reside in the avengers facility (which happens to be close to where I live, upstate New York).

Nice to meet you!

INTP Fantasy/ Sci-fi writer. Secretly also an elf. A Parimi and of Camp Artifex.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@rebecca-w

Hey there! I am Wordsmith. I possibly greet more people here in a day than I tie my shoes, so if this sounds like I use it all the time, please forgive me, I still mean it. 🙂

I enjoy writing either fantasy or superhero base stories. The superhero base stories are what I enjoy more though, because as it seems we have in common, I really enjoy superheroes!

If I were to pick a super power… Wow… It would be a mix… Super fast reflexes with either the Static Touch ability (my own creation) or ice powers (meaning I could shoot or manipulate ice as needed).

If you spend enough time with me, you will learn that I am highly extroverted! And I don’t follow the MB personalities, so maybe you could translate (pretty pleasssseeeee!)…

I enjoy writing more than many other things, except possibly capture the flag, though it’d be hard to get people to play the capture the flag that I would want to play. I also greatly enjoy martial arts (which is related to my entrancement of superheroes), and teach it as an assistant instructor (so that fights writing pretty hard).

I have never been into painting (Well… I helped paint a house… and a church building), but I have dabbled in drawing, and have even sewn a few of my own cloaks (nothing special, just hemmed rectangles with clasps). I have kept snakes before (with my older brother) and do enjoy the woods… though you probably have more pleasant woods than I.

Aside from being The Static Touch, I am a writer, wordsmith, older brother, younger brother, uncle (to nieces and nephews), archer, and Child of God.

It is such a pleasure to meet you!

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

Hello Wordsmith! A greeting is no worse for having been used before.

Your superpowers seem pretty cool. I have never written a superhero story, but then again I’ve only been writing a short time.

Hello extrovert! I’m extremely introverted (the I in INTP). The N means I am more in my head than out of it (and see the world through that), the T means I respect, value, and use logic more than emotion (emotions are annoying), and the P means… Okay I’m not so good with the explaination of that one. It has something to do with waiting a while and taking in a lot of information before making a judgement (as opposed to receiving info and making that judgement quickly). Put that all together, INTPs are logical, disorganized, imaginative, and have a reputation of being like robots (while somehow still being disorganized and imaginative- I don’t really get that one, though I like it). Now I have talked your ear off (oops).

What your perfect game of capture the flag look like?

I’m going to take a karate class this semester! (I start college this friday) It’s pretty cool that you like that. I’ve never tried it before, but I hope it will be fun (and it will undoubtably be cool).

I make my own cloaks too!

I have brothers. One older and two younger.

A pleasure to meet you too!

@wordsmith

INTP Fantasy/ Sci-fi writer. Secretly also an elf. A Parimi and of Camp Artifex.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@rebecca-w WELCOME! It’s great to have you here. 😀

I’m another extrovert. 😛 ENFP over here.

Superheroes though. <3 I love them a heap, and yet I actually haven’t watched or read that many movies/books about them. Whoops. xP Spider-man is my favourite superhero. (Homecoming was so cool, honestly.) Who’s yours?

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@rebecca-w

Okay… I will take the test, and if it’s accurate I shall share it with you… But I can’t guarantee it will be accurate for me. 🙂

Haha! My perfect version of capture the flag is this… wait… do you want realistic or not?

Oh cool! Starting karate is soooo happy! What kind?

That’s neat! Have you ever made a full circle? I’ve considered trying, but that’t more work then I want to put into it right now.

And I have five brothers and one sister… Two younger brothers, three older, and the oldest is my sister.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

So… I came out as an ESFJ-A…

It said I was highly extroverted  (82%) which would be true. 66% observant. 76% feeling (which would be wrong about me… I am very thinking… very very thinking).  72% judging, which might be right. And then 85% assertive, which would be right.

So! There ya go!

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@rebecca-w Hi!!!! I am an INFP.

What is your WIP?

If I could choose any superpower, it would probably be either flight or telekinesis. Or I’ll just hang out with Hawkeye for a weekend and pick up a few super-archery tips:).

I am also an elf! What type of elves do you associate with?

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Mae Govanen Rebecca-W! I am an ENFP, so I have the extroverted side…  and the F is quite strong in me, so sorry… BUT I have the N and the P, so ha ha! Did you make the costume in your profile pic?? I love sewing costumes as well, so far my best has been a Galadriel style dress (in which I learned lace overlay on satin is like trying to sew oil and water together, it was HARD), and another random medieval dress. I keep seeing fabrics and ideas and I think, “That would be an awesome costume!!!” and then I remember that I can only sew so many costumes that I’ll only wear once most likely. 😉

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Mae Govanen @Rebecca-W! I am an ENFP, so I have the extroverted side…  and the F is quite strong in me, so sorry… BUT I have the N and the P, so ha ha! Did you make the costume in your profile pic?? I love sewing costumes as well, so far my best has been a Galadriel style dress (in which I learned lace overlay on satin is like trying to sew oil and water together, it was HARD), and another random medieval dress. I keep seeing fabrics and ideas and I think, “That would be an awesome costume!!!” and then I remember that I can only sew so many costumes that I’ll only wear once most likely. 😉

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

Hello everybody!

@wordsmith
    If ESFJ is what you are, you are the exact opposite of me! Even if you are a T, same though. How about both perfect games! I have absolutely no clue what kind of karate. I don’t hve enough knowledge to answer that. That’s quite a lot of siblings! Fun though (I like having brothers). I have made rectangular cloaks for my brothers and a half circle cloak for myself based of the book The Name of the Wind and the lotr movies.

@jane-maree
    Totally Captain America! Huge fan here 🙂

@raemarie
    I have three WIPs right now. The first is in editing, and it is about A forgotten hero usurps Time so no-one will ever be forgotten again. When Time is defeated, a champion of the past is pulled into the future.

My second WIP is mainly just world building at the moment, satisfying my desire just to build worlds and nothing else. It’s fantasy (the last one is too), and I’m creating a language for it.

My third WIP is dystopian, set in America about a hundred years from now. It’s about a lonely scientist and his quest to prove that the human race is extinct.

How about you?

I associate mostly with the elves of middle earth, but I will occasionally step out of there into aleagasia or kesha.

@ericawordsmith
    Yes I made my costume! I love designing and making costumes (I’m going to college for fashion design). That does sound like a hard combo! What language is in your signature line? What does it say?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@rebecca-w

Haha! Well… It is of little consequence to me 🙂

Okay… For the realistic: Full contact, no line, no jail (if you want someone to stay, keep them there by force). Players have protective armor.

For not so realistic: Turn that standard armor into the Acclimating Body System (an augmenting body armor that enhances body movement to an extreme level), and maybe even add some zero gravity.

Okay! That’s fine! When you do know, I’d love to hear what it is… If you’d like to share.

And it is great having brothers! I also adore my sister. *Is sad that she had to move away*

Oh cool! What pattern do you use for the half circles?

P.S. If you want to read my story that revolves around the Acclimating Body System, you can read my Game Or Life series at thebookshelfstaircase.wordpress.com

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Buddy J..

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

@wordsmith Full contact! No wonder you can’t find players. That one made me laugh. They both sound fun though. When ever I find out, I will tell you.

I make all of my own patterns, but this wasn’t even exactly a pattern (just used a yardstick from a set point), though the hood took quite a good one.

My brothers are having their sister move away this week (college!).

Yeah, it totally doesn’t matter, but I find it amusing, because I am so N that S stuff makes no sense at all to me! 😀

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@rebecca-w

Yeah… The full contact comes from my karate side.

Sounds great!

Okay!

And I shall weep with them. It is indeed a sad thing to lose an older sister…

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@rebecca-w, I find it fun figuring out personality types. I am an ISFP, which is a common one but at the same time it is also the most artistic personality type…

Out of the nine siblings in my family (I’m not boasting over how much people are in my family!) I try finding their personality types… its fun. I have a INTP brother, at the Marines. Oh, and @wordsmith, I also have an ESFJ sister!

If I was to have a special power, well, there’s a lot to choose from. Probably the ability to be a shapeshifter or to be some red dragon-being who roams the worlds of ancient books.

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Oh, and since there seems to be a lot of ENFPs and some INTJs on this forum, I have some siblings with those personality types (if you care).

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest