fb

*Drops epically in from above* Hello there

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Drops epically in from above* Hello there

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Hello everyone. As is quite obvious I am new here, but I hope to fit in quickly. Also, spelling has never been my best subject so please be patient with me.

Now for a little bit about myself. I am a young writer with very little experience. I discovered my love for writing about two years ago while writing a short story for school. The assignment was to write a short story, about one page in length, where the main character finds a different world inside an old wardrobe like in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. About five pages in I realized I would need more than one day to finish the story. Luckily I am homeschooled so my mom accepted my incomplete story, so long as I promised to finish it. Twenty-seven pages later I decided I liked writing much more than I had previously thought. Since then I have written several more short stories, (both for school and for pleasure) and am curently working on my first novel. Last year I also entered the Letters About Literature writing contest and placed first in my state.

Besides writing most of my passions lie with animals. I belong to a hippology club (Hippology is the study of the horse, 4-H runs contests all around the country) and now that school is nearing an end and the weather is warming up I have started riding again. I also recenly trained my dog and my sister’s dog to pull and have started dog scootering. My non-animal related hobbies include singing, playing both piano and guitar, tree climbing, studing all forms of logic (does it bother anyone else that Sherlock claims to deduce things when he clearly uses INduction?), and binge reading.

Some of my favorite books are the Ranger’s Apprentice series, the Wingfeather Saga, and hundreds of others that I suddenly can’t think of. One book series that I would really recomend is Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica by James A. Owen. The main characters are C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Charles Williams. The books are amazing and are great for anyone who enjoys reading classic books.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

I, David
    @i-david

Hello, fellow Emberite and (hopefully) guildling-to-be. It is I, David.

We’re glad you could join us. What brought you to our fair world, and what exactly do you like to write?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@kayla-skywriter

Welcome to Story Embers! I’m Bama.

Ooh, Rangers Apprentice!! I read them about two years ago and loved them. Now I cant seem to keep up with all the new books coming out. How did you hear about the series?(my friend loved ’em but I thought she was crazy until I read them).

Are you planning to join a guild?

(I like your profile picture!)

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

Great to meet you @i-david.

I first heard about Story Embers when I was wandering around the Wingfeather Saga forum and someone mensioned it there. I like to write realistic fiction and fantacy, but I might also try historical fiction and maybe some action.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@bama-rose

So great to meet someone elso who loves Ranger’s Apprentice. Have you read any of John Flanagan’s other books? I first found Ranger’s Apprentice when I was wandering around a vendor hall looking for new books. I saw Ruins of Gorlan and bought it right then and there. I liked it instantly, but was really sold on the series when I met Tug. My favorite characters are Will and Halt.

I do plan on joining a guild, but I wanted to get a better feel of how this all works first.

Thank you, for liking my profile picture

Trallion
    @trallion

@kayla-skywriter

Hi, Welcome to Story Embers!

Ooo, I like Rangers Apprentice! I’ve read all of his other books too, do you like them?

Also, that moment when you just know you like a ton of other books but can’t think of them when someone asks you what books you like. That happens to me soooo much XD

Valor, Honor, Loyalty. Together we are stronger.

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@trallion

Hello, nice to meet you.

Yes, I have read all of his other books. I love them all, but I don’t like the Royal Ranger books as much as the rest. I still think they’re great books; I just prefer Will and Halt to Cassandra and Maddie. The Early Years were fantastic, Halt and Crowley are so much trouble. Brotherband might be my second favorite series, did you hear that the eighth one is comming out later this year?

Trallion
    @trallion

@kayla-skywriter

Ooo, I hadn’t heard that! Can’t wait 😀

Valor, Honor, Loyalty. Together we are stronger.

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@kayla-skywriter Hello! *waves* I also like the Wingfeather Saga. Who is your favorite character?

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@ariella-newheart

How very pleasent to make your acquaintance. *curties*

My favorite character would have to be Kalmar, but he is closly followed by Artham and the Florid Sword. Who is your favorite?

Ariella Newheart
    @ariella-newheart

@kayla-skywriter My favorites are Janner and Artham! I once drew a bunch of fanart of the Wingfeather Saga. I was going to send some to Mr. Peterson but I never did. 😛

It’s cool that you’re in a hippology club! My sister takes riding lessons. I like brushing horses and feeding them carrots, but I don’t ride very much.

What’s your novel about?

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@kayla-skywriter

Hello there! I’m SeekJustice, a crazy writer from the currently freezing land of Australia.

Your hippology club sounds really cool and so do your dogs! I love dogs very much and our family has two. I’m currently training my dog too for agility and its a lot of fun. I’m also seriously looking into getting a Jack Russell puppy to start competitive agility. What sort of dogs do you have and what are their names?

Do you know what your MBTI is?

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@kayla-skywriter Hi!  Welcome to SE!  Your profile pic is neat.  I think seekjustice just asked what I was going to. 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Kayla Skywriter
    @kayla-skywriter

@ariella-newheart

My novel is about a young girl in foster care. She is a abortion survivor and, due to incredible circumstances, no one ever named her. Social Services call her Jane (as in Jane Doe) Foster (as in foster care).

I see that both of your favorites are throne wardens. Do you see your self as one too? I personally fit as queen both according to birth order and my personality.

@seekjustice
    @ashira

*reads question and quickly clicks open new tab*

I was not ready for this question *shakes head in shame* According to the test I just took I am an INTJ. But, I only recently had even heard about MBTI test so I still don’t know what that really means. I am much more familiar with the four temperments (I am a Choleric-Phlegmatic by the way).

Seekjustice, I wish you luck with your dogs. I have always wanted to try agility, but there isn’t really an opportunity where I live. My dog is a golden retriver/border collie mix. Her name is Tinker and she is the greatest dog ever. Dudley belongs to my sister and he is a Labrador/Beagle mix.

Alabama Rose
    @bama-rose

@kayla-skywriter

Cool! I like Will and Halt, too. I haven’t read any of his other books yet. Do you recommend them?

Courage, dear heart ~ Aslan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.