*Doors burst open* Well, better late than never!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Doors burst open* Well, better late than never!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@ajaj2000 😂 How about the other 50+ ideas!!

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@raemarie

*taps chin* Oh, where do I start XD

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@caleb-e-king

@corkybookworm

@raemarie

Hey guys 🙂

How is it going? How are your WIPs coming along?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by ajaj2000.
    Abbey Bishop
    @a_small_mousepad

@ajaj2000 Did you say you were an aspie in your introduction? Because there’s a possibility that I might be one myself.

I had a developmental delay when I was younger and the doctors said that it wasn’t caused by anything. I’m pretty sure that they misdiagnosed me. After doing some research, I found out that many doctors misdiagnose autistic females.

After many years of speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupation therapy, I still can’t skip, tie my shoes (or any other things you tie), or hold silverware correctly.

If my theory about misdiagnosis is correct, I certainly wouldn’t be very high on the spectrum. I function practically like a typical person nowadays. Although, I do have some sensory problems. I have to be very careful what my hands touch.

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

Coralie
      @corkybookworm

@a_small_mousepad My brother has high-functioning autism/aspurgers syndrome. It’s neat to meet others with similar diagnoses. 🙂

@ajaj2000
      I haven’t written anything in a few weeks. Or read anything in the last several days. I have been a little busy, but mostly I seem to have lost motivation. :/ Not really sure what to write. But, I did have an idea for a new scene in my world, though, so that’s kind of exciting.

What about you?

GraceBought
      https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

ajaj2000
      @ajaj2000

@a_small_mousepad

Yep, I’m a high functioning aspie 🙂

It’s very possible. Girls are apparently more social than boys so doctors miss it, that’s even how it went with me. I went through all the same therapy as you when I was younger back when they thought I had complications with my delivery. It wasn’t until I was ten that I got a diagnosis and that was after my mum fighting hard for me so I could get help and the doctor being willing to observe me at school.

I don’t think I ever tried to skip but I remember having trouble with jumping, I used to not be able to tie my shoes but now I can double knot them. I have high sensory which is common among it, have you ever had trouble with food? I wear sunglasses because my eyes can be sensitive to the sun.

Are you planning to try and get it diagnosed? I’m basing my knowledge on what my mum has researched and my dad’s and my own autism, the right doctor would be more helpful than me 🙂

@corkybookworm

I’ve been having trouble too, I’m wondering if I should take a break from my current ones and look through my other ideas. I’m thinking I should choose one where my character’s lie is clearer my mum and I read a book that I think supports this. Story two may be on the right path but I can’t seem to wrap my head around Garth’s lie.

But I’m sure we’ll figure it out soon enough after all God didn’t make us quitters 😉

By the way, if you ever want to we could privately message each other and help build each other stories either seriously or just for fun 🙂

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

@ajaj2000

My wip is coming along slow. My main character is very different.

Caleb E. King
      @caleb-e-king

@ajaj2000 as the others said, coming slow. I’m still getting it beta read.

Young Writer. Crazy Reader. Happy Cartoonist. Author of www.calebeking.com
      Proud Meerkat!

Abbey Bishop
      @a_small_mousepad

@ajaj2000

I am only extremely discomforted by my sense of touch. Although, I’m finding that my eczema influences how bad my reaction is. If my skin is healthy, I only get a slight sensation. Although, if my skin is the littlest bit dry, the sensation easily overwhelms me.

I would love to get tested again, but it’s not financially practical at this time of my life. I have a large family and there are more important things we need. The only thing getting diagnosed would do for me is partially silence my need to understand everything.

It makes complete sense for me to be autistic, but I still have my doubts. I’ve read that many people on the autism spectrum have underdeveloped social skills. Although, once I graduated from speech therapy in 3rd grade, I haven’t shut up since then. I’m really good in social situations and it’s easy for me to make friends. I understand that autism isn’t the same for everyone, but I still don’t know what to think.

I might not never know for sure. Which is okay, but not preferable.

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

ajaj2000
        @ajaj2000

@raemarie

Okay 🙂 is there a problem with your character?

@caleb-e-king

How many chapters left? 🙂

@a_small_mousepad

Girl XD

One of the misdiagnoses described my younger self as “friendly and chatty” XD

It just means most aspies need to learn harder to understand (like body language and tone) and to be understood.

I understand I hope the best for you with or without it 🙂

Coralie
        @corkybookworm

@ajaj2000 I think taking a break is a good idea sometimes. That’s sort of what I’ve been doing. I’m starting to feel that “I should be writing” tickle, but I’m gonna let it sit a little while longer and stew. XD

What do you mean by “character lie”? I am unfamiliar with that term, but super intrigued!

No, He didn’t! 😀 We can do this!!

We can do that on here?! Cool! I had no idea!

GraceBought
        https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

ajaj2000
        @ajaj2000

@corkybookworm

Yeah, taking a break is good but I mostly find myself in writing mode XD

Character lie is where a character (mostly your main) believes something that negatively affects his/her life and the people around him/her. It is connected to theme, message and character want and need. I’ll put some posts at the bottom if you haven’t seen these websites before check them out if you want 🙂

Yep 😛

Oh, sorry XD I meant we email (or something) each other. I don’t think anything is private here only the guilds but not only are we in different ones but also they’re only private to outsiders XD

http://goteenwriters.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-3-questions-you-need-to-answer.html

(^ They have more posts about character lie just put “lie” in the search bar :))

Creating Stunning Character Arcs, Pt. 2: The Lie Your Character Believes

http://thatkatiecooney.tumblr.com/post/157663942098/the-10-elements-of-a-main-character

(^ I couldn’t find where it was just lie (mostly want and need and also it’s a Tumblr account) but I love the posts so have a freebie :D)

http://thatkatiecooney.tumblr.com/archive

^This is where all the posts are in case you can’t find it. I hope these help 🙂

ajaj2000
        @ajaj2000

@corkybookworm

Oh gosh XD why are some of the links showing the posts? XD

RaeMarie
        @raemarie

@ajaj2000 I don’t know what my problem is. I am attempting to figure out names for my characters and also outline my plot. I think I just have too many angles going at one time. 😊

ajaj2000
        @ajaj2000

@raemarie

I feel that’s a quote we all can have XD

Your welcome by the way ;P

I understand fully 🙂 good luck on your outline 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 165 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest