fb

*Dismounts from a flying carpet*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Dismounts from a flying carpet*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

*looks around at the forum* I do love the smell of a fresh website. There is something magical about the non-cluttered forums, the people filling it up with brand new content, anything you write will be the first of it’s kind.

Hi there, I’m Kayla Joy. 🙂

I love books, writing, cats, Azalea’s Dolls, the many fandoms I am a part of, singing, and Disney. My favourite mode of transportation is flying carpet, and my dream place to live (if I couldn’t live in Disneyland) would be England. I have a fetish for accents, mainly British, but also Texan, Australian, Irish, Scottish, and Spanish.

My favourite genre to read and write is Contemporary Romance, but I also enjoy Historical Romance, Dystopian, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Suspense. A few of my favourite authors are Dee Henderson, Karen Kingsbury, Rick Riodrian, Lori Wick, and Bodie Thoene.

One of the reasons I joined this forum is because I need help. I am great at creating characters and story ideas, but I can never finish a book. I have tried finishing books so many times, but I can never seem to finish them. I am hoping being on this forum will help me.

Anyways, I have to stop now or else I will get into talking about my favourite books, and that will take about a century or two, so I must be off. I can’t wait to get to know you guys more, learn all the knowledge you have about how to finish a book, and just have fun talking about our shared passion. 🙂

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Kayla Joy.

Red haired Disney Nerd. Proverbs 3:5-6 ENFP-T

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@kayla-joy Welcome to Story Embers!

Ah, so you are a fellow Disney addict. *Sprinkles you with pixie dust* What’s your favorite Disney film? Or is that a loaded question? 😉

Have you signed up for the guilds yet? The guilds are meant to help with accountability, so you might want to consider checking them out if you struggle with finishing a piece. You can learn more about them here: https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/when-are-the-guilds-opening/

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@briannastorm I actually enjoy using the term Disnerd (Disney+Nerd), but I will answer to Disney Addict as well. 🙂 Yes, that is a loaded question, I love them all so much. But if I would have to choose a favourite, it would be Beauty and the Beast. I love that story.

Thanks for linking me to the place to sign up for the guilds, you saved me a lot of time searching for it. 🙂

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@kayla-joy hi! Welcome! 😀

I recently read Rick Riordian’s first series and loved it. Who is your favorite character? (if it’s possible to choose one 😉 ). My favorite started out as Percy but switched to Talia…then went back to Percy when Talia stopped being a main character *sobs quietly*

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@morreafirebird Picking favourites is so hard, for anything. But I would have to say Annabeth. 🙂

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@kayla-joy Have you ever dined at the Be Our Guest restaurant at Walt Disney World? It’s like stepping into the film! 😍 As much as I adore Beauty and the Beast though, my favorite Disney movie is Frozen (with Inside Out a close second). I’m also fond of Peter Pan and Tomorrowland (which is very much underrated).

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@briannastorm I haven’t yet. I really, really, REALLY want to, but I have only been to Disneyland and California Adventure Park. I haven’t been able to convince my parents to go to Disney World yet. Frozen was a great movie, Inside Out is an awesome movie, Peter Pan is one of my favourite characters, and I can’t believe you like Tomorrowland too. I loved that movie. I’ve been looking for one of those pins they have in the movie, but I couldn’t find any. I thought it was way better than most people say it was.

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@kayla-joy I loved Annabeth too! I was a little skeptical of her in the first book, but she and Percy became the sweetest pair 😀

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@kayla-joy That’s awesome that you like Tomorrowland too! 😀

@brandon-miller
    Look, I found a rare person who appreciates the epicness of that film as much as we do!

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

@briannastorm @kayla-joy

YAS.  TOMORROWLAND.  Much love.

DID YOU GUYS KNOW THIS IS A THING???  I need to get my hands on a copy PRONTO.

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Lady Iliara
    @lady-iliara

@kayla-joy I HAVE A TOMORROWLAND PIN but it was a birthday gift so I don’t know where they got it from. That was a unique movie, I loved it! 😃

ENFJ, Aethasian, and chocolate-Pringle-nerd-blob of epic. Greet at your own risk. *trips on a rock*

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

WOW! I can’t believe I found so many people who like the Tomorrowland too. I am so excited to get to know you guys better. 🙂

@lady-iliara
    Lucky. 🙂

@brandon-miller
    I read an excerpt of it on Kobo. I was looking for the novelization of the movie and I found it. I really enjoyed the little that I read. I want a physical copy of it though, e-readers are not my favourite things.

Talking about E-readers, have you guys ever thought about authors putting special codes inside their books so that you can buy the book and get a digital copy of it, like they have for movies? That would be so cool, right? I hate having to buy books on the e-readers because then you just have the digital version, you spent all that money and you don’t have a physical book to hold in your hand. But I like e-readers because then I don’t have to bring 6 books on a trip. Anyone else thought that too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.