fb

Digital art critique.

Forums Art Art Critique Digital art critique.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Hey guys! I’m pretty new to digital art (I’ve only ever done like 2 or 3 other pictures before) so if you could take a look at this and tell me what you think, specifically anything I could work on to do better I would really appreciate it!

In case anyone is wondering this is my character Danika (Or, Dani for short πŸ™‚ )

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@christieaton @blueberry @ethryndal
    @anyonewithanartisticeye

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@the-fledgling-artist This is cool! My suggestion for this piece would be to make the facial features (eyes, nose) especially the eyes, stand out a bit more. I think that would really strengthen this drawing.

β€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

Christine Eaton
    @christieaton

@the-fledgling-artist What program are you using?

β€œI feel a loneliness for my Creator that pulls me like a migratory bird in the Fall.”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@christieaton Oh, thanks! That’s actually helpful! I can see that they do blend in a little now. πŸ™‚ Would you suggest doing that by having darker values/more contrast in values around the face? Or do you have something else in mind?
    I used Krita! πŸ™‚ It’s pretty great considering it’s free (or at least it was when I got it) The only negative thing I’m experienced enough to notice is that sometimes when you are filling in huge amounts of color or doing a bunch of really fast strokes the program lags.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-fledgling-artist Impressive! Good job! πŸ™‚

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@the-fledgling-artist

I don’t have much experience with digital art outside of blog design and Adobe programs, but I think you’re off to a good start. What I’d focus on for now is as @christieaton suggested, bringing out the facial features some more. They really seem to blend with the freckles right now. XD

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@sarah-inkdragonΒ @evelyn
    Alright thanks guys! πŸ™‚

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@the-fledgling-artist, nice picture!

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@andrew Thanks. πŸ™‚ I noticed that you posted some art on the art forum. Unfortunately only half the pictures posted to that thread actually load for me, most likely due to bad internet connection. So I didn’t get to actually see your art, but my point is that i’m glad you posted something! Haha. I bet it was cool. *nods*

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@the-fledgling-artist, did you mean to tag someone else, because I don’t remember posting any art on the art forum?

But anyway, when you said you usedΒ krita, that sort of gave me the idea ofΒ an art program… so I gotΒ krita yesterday. I just did one picture so far.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@andrew Oh, sorry! πŸ™‚ When you were talking to Mariposa about dinosaurs I assumed you had posted some pictures.
    Ooh that’s cool! What did you think about it? Have you ever done digital art before?

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

the-fledgling-artist πŸ™‚

I haven’t really done digital art… well, before I got krita. I only did one picture so far. Its of the Wild Queen (which you probably have no idea who that is because she’s one of my ‘future’ characters that I made up).

I would send a picture of it here, but I have to say, I don’t actually know how to do that yet. πŸ™

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@andrew that’s okay, don’t worry about it. πŸ˜‹

Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17

@the-fledgling-artist Wow, that looks good! Digital art it really hard to me πŸ™‚ I agree with what Christi Eaton said too.

@andrew
    OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC!!! πŸ˜€ #starwarsfan

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
    www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest