Deviantartists, anyone?

Forums Art Art Discussions Deviantartists, anyone?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  April J. Rhys 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

Hey, there! I was just wondering if any of you guys have Deviantart accounts, because if so, I would enjoy following ya’ll. I just got one, so I’m having fun finding people. XD If you would like, I can compile our answers into a list so that we can reference them as needed. I’m AJRhys.

Also, what’s your favorite thing to draw?

Thanks!

~April

~To Infinity and Beyond

Lin
    @lin

@april-j-rhys I have Deviantart! But I must admit that I barely use it anymore. Here’s a link to mine: https://www.deviantart.com/linsketches

I mostly draw cute stuff. Girls, animals, portraits. Both realistic and in my own style.

Just gave you a watch. Your style is pretty cool!! 🙂

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

I don’t have a Deviant art, but I wanted to say hi anyway. I love meeting fellow artists. 😁 So.. Hi!! How long have you been interested in art? Do you have any plans for your artwork? (I do have an Instagram if you’re interested. I know Lin used to have one too, but I dunno if she still does. Do you have a Instagram?)

Do you find deviant art to be a good platform?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@lin @the-fledgling-artist Oh no! Email never notified me of ya’ll replies for some reason. Sorry for disappearing on you! 🙂

@lin Thanks, Lin!  That’s really encouraging. <3 It’s great to meet you! I’ll definitely check your page out as well. 🙂

@the-fledgling-artist Oh, yay! I love meeting fellow artists as well. Art’s like writing, but just telling a story through colors and images and lines instead. :] I’ve been interested in art for most of my life…I would just randomly draw stuff as a three year old and that somehow turned into me drawing my characters and that somehow turned into me wanting to get serious and combine my art with story. In what medium, I’m not sure yet. Right now I’m dabbling in comic creation, illustration, and animation. I will try to find you on Instragram! Yes, I do have an account–one for all sorts of random stuff I made (including art) and another for specifically Sonic Retelling art.

Good question. Yes, I think Deviantart is a good medium for gaining followers. It’s a good place to start, but probably not best for someone looking to sell. I am very new, however, so don’t take my word for it. XD

What about you? What type of art do you like to create? Do you have any artistic plans for the future?

~To Infinity and Beyond

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@the-fledgling-artist Alas, I could not find you on IG…what is your username? (I’m ajrhys and those_mobian_rebel_kids)

~To Infinity and Beyond

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@april-j-rhys

More than anything else I enjoy drawing my characters. I love character design, and I love art as a means of storytelling. ^-^
    As of now, I don’t really have any definite plans for my art. There are tons of things I could do, and would really enjoy. Like, learning to animate, writing/drawing a comic, illustrating children’s books, teaching art to children, etc. etc.

You mentioned that you’re dabbling with comics. Are you working on a comic right now?

On Instagram I am AnnaMarieTheFledglingArtist. ^-^ I’ll definitely check your Instagram out!

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@the-fledgling-artist

Okay, thanks! I’ll find you!

Good for you. 🙂 If you love art as a means of storytelling and you love character design, then maybe spend extra time on the comic and animation side. Maybe more on the animation side if your characters do a lot of moving in your head. Just a thought! I do some illustrating/commission work and that’s been really good to teach me stuff, but it’s definitely not my first love since I can’t actually tell the story I want to.

I am working on my first comic strip now actually! It’s just a test comic. I’m hoping to run it by some people here when it’s done. It’s entirely handmade (why is long story–just really wanted my first one to be entirely by hand for the world it’s in), but I’m trying to get it done this month. <:-P

~To Infinity and Beyond

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@april-j-rhys Honestly, I would LOVE animation. I’ve tried to figure it out a little, but every time I do I end up getting frustrated by how complicated it is. I do have a comic in the works, but I care a lot about the complexities of storytelling so I’m really taking my time on outlining/plotting it. I’m also kind of unsettled about if comic is the best medium to tell this story. It’s like my story baby, ya ‘know? I just want it to be the best it can be. 

When your comic is done are you going to post it anywhere? SE, Instagram, Deviantart, etc.? What’s the story about?

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@the-fledgling-artist

Oh man, I know what you mean. O-O Animation is SO MUCH work and so complex. I’m still not sure if I’ll have the patience for it either.

Yes, I know what you mean. Mediums can really affect the story and when that story is your baby… :} What is your story about?

Yes, I will probably post it as many places as I can (SE, Deviantart, Webtoon, Instagram) to celebrate my victory. But since it’s a test/tribute kinda comic I’m not really trying to land a bunch of readers with it or anything. :-]

~To Infinity and Beyond

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@april-j-rhys Cool! I’ll look forward to seeing it then. ^-^ <3 For comics, at what stage would you get beta readers/viewers? I’ve wondered this for a while. Would you have them look at your outline? Messy sketches? Or the finished comic? Do comic creators even do beta readers?

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

Hmm, that’s a really good question…and honestly, I’m so new to comics I’m not sure I could give a good answer. I’ve been watching YouTube tutorials, making my own little things, and that’s about it. XP I’ve actually been cheating and just scribbling down pictures before scripting, but I’ve only done short story lines anyway.

I’m guessing they do do beta/alpha readers though…I’d get some alpha readers for the script and then some beta readers for a rough uncolored pencil draft. But that’s just me. <:-P Are you looking for a beta comic reader? 🙂

~To Infinity and Beyond

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Ooh, having them look at the script is a good idea. The pencil draft would be a good place for that too. Thanks! I’ve wondered about this for so long, but didn’t know who I could ask! xD

At the moment I don’t have anything to be beta read, so, not yet. x3

Are YOU looking for beta readers??

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

I would be very interested in beta reading your comics if you need it. 🙂 Of course, I’m still learning a lot, so I could probably only give a random reader perspective vs. someone who knows comics perspective. But all the same. ;-D

I don’t need any beta readers for this one…I’m pretty set on how it’s going to be and since it’s more of a test run/tribute, I don’t mind making mistakes. I would love to share it when it’s done though. 😉

@the-fledgling-artist

~To Infinity and Beyond

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest