*deep breath before the plunge*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *deep breath before the plunge*

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@e-b-raulandsΒ @karthmin

*whispers* I hope you’re put in Rillumen… They’re the best πŸ˜‰

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@wordsmith
    Thank-you for your post! πŸ™‚
    I was in the midst of writing you back when I discovered that I’ve been placed in Meraki!

To the glory of God and for the advancement of His kingdom.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@e-b-raulands

Oh well… I hope they’re nice XD. And with the peeps around here I have no doubt whatsoever that they are πŸ™‚

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Martin Detwiler
    @karthmin

@e-b-raulands Keep trucking along, and you’ll make it, even as your time becomes harder to disperse into the areas where you want it to be. That would be awesome to publish a book of poems! I’m guessing you write poetry a lot, then?

Yes!!!! I’m so glad I got it right! There was one time I was POSITIVE that someone on the internet was someone that I knew, and so I played it as if “I had known all along” – and it turns out that they were just a random person that I didn’t know at all. You said that you were at the Scriptorium this year, so I knew that I knewΒ of you, but I’m glad I was right. Btw, I no longer look like your brother + beard… I’m letting my hair grow out again. Maybe when I settle on a new look I’ll update my profile, haha!

I was put in a guild almost right away – I think I joined up just a little before they divvied up the newcomers (they do that about once a month??), so I was put into Erekdale a couple weeks ago. πŸ˜€ They are pretty awesome over there (lots of dragon lovers!), and although I haven’t been as active as I should, I look forward to getting to know them better as time goes on. We actually got a whole bunch of new members a day or so ago, so I should really greet them!

By the way, look out for a fun announcement on the blog today… ;P

myths don't die

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@karthmin
    Thank-you for the encouragement! And yes, I do tend to write poetry quite a bit. I really enjoy creating rhythms and unusual metaphors. (I’ve also found that poems are a lot easier to finish than prose works, so that may have something to do with my tendencies. πŸ™‚ )
    It’s good you didn’t have to wait too long to be placed inΒ a guild; I was just put in Meraki on Thursday, so I’m really excited about getting to work with the other guildsmen.
    Congratulations on placing second in the story contest!! *shoots off confetti cannons* I read about the contest recently but had no idea when the winners would be announced. I’m looking forward to reading your story in September!
    (BTW, my brother is a lot fuzzier now than he was at the Scriptorium, so you might still look like his bearded counterpart.)

Martin Detwiler
    @karthmin

@e-b-raulands I love writing poems as well! I like to combine words in unexpected ways and try to really dive into the natural flow and rhythm of words. However, my poems are usually kind of abstract and are more of a personally cathartic release than works of art for others to enjoy. Although some may end up on the forum for critique as some point. ;P And, yes, another reason I like poems is that they are easier to finish, for sure! πŸ˜€

Congratulations on your guild placement! I wish you the very best as a Merakian (?).

Thank you! *is showered by confetti and sneezes* I saw the contest and souped up my submission just a few days before joining the forums. (By souped up, I do not mean that I put my story in a pot of soup. Heavens no! I mean that it had been sitting around for a few years gathered minor edits, and I finally did a complete overhaul and knocked it into better shape before submitting it. πŸ™‚ )

Oh, well in that case, he’s still my beardless twin. Of sorts. I’mΒ just getting past the fuzzy stage right now, but it’s still too short to do anything with, lol. How is your brother doing, by the way?

myths don't die

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@karthmin
    You write poetry too? That’s so cool! Do you prefer a certain form, or do you usually write in free verse? (I tend to write sonnets a lot.) From my limited experience, posting is a great way to receive encouragement (although sometimes it can take awhile for people to comment on a poem).
    My brother is doing well. We actually just sent out an update e-mail not too long ago; would you like me to see if I can have it forwarded to your family’s e-mail?

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

Heya! Nice to meet you! πŸ˜€

I’m, er, Joy, though that’s not my real name. I know you from the Scriptorium… not sure how to identify myself though πŸ˜‚

I love fantasy and mystery!! =D And yes, finishing books is definitely one of the hardest parts of writing. xD

Well, nice to see you on here! πŸ˜€ *will try to think of some way to tell you who I am, assuming you’d even remember me :P*

*cartwheels out*

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@storyjoy
    Hey, I know you! (But just to be sure, did you and your family recite on Saturday at the Scriptorium?)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by E.B. Raulands.

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@e-b-raulands *breathes sigh of relief* I’m glad you recognized me xD

Yup, we did. πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

*cartwheels out*

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

@storyjoy
    Oh, good. I was 99% sure I knew who you were, but I wanted to ask just in case. πŸ™‚
    Welcome to Story Embers, by the way!

storyjoy
    @storyjoy

@e-b-raulands

Haha, yup! πŸ˜€

Thanks! πŸ˜€

*cartwheels out*

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest