fb

Dearest Ember Stokers…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Dearest Ember Stokers…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bella D.
    @bella-d

Greetings. My name is Bella, but like as not you have already come to that knowledge by viewing the user name. I’m a seventeen year old writer who loves history, everything epic, beauty, and light (although many times I find myself writing about darkness in order to get to the light part).

I was writing before I could write. Or read. Or even talk properly. With my doting grandmother as my scribe, I came up with long, drawn out tales of sacrifice, devotion, and nobility, which were then graphically illustrated by yours truly. Interestingly enough, I still write with all of these lovely principles today… fully ten years later.

That is a little something about me. I simply cannot wait to meet more young ember stokers who are passionate about their craft and untouched by the dispiriting world of critics as of yet.

Let’s go start a fire!

Heir of Splendor

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@bella-d Welcome to Story Embers! I love the title you chose for your intro. 😉

What are some of your favorite books?

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

Anonymous

@bella-d  Okay, to start this off I just want to say that Bella is like my favorite name ever!

*hem*  I mean, hi!  I’m Ashly and I’m 12.

So, what genre do you write in, and what’s your current WiP?

Filewriter
    @filewriter

Hi, I am File. I am fifteen years old. Wow, you have been writing for quite a while then haven’t you. I look forward to learning from you then. *bows*

Start I fire? I like where your heads at. *strikes a match* *watches the small flame as if in a trance* *is disappointed when the flame burns out because she waited too long* *re-strikes*

I like the way you did your introduction BTW.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@bella-d I LOVE your profile picture!! And, full disclosure, I am a total pyromaniac! 😉

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

Bella D.
    @bella-d

@briannastorm Thank you very much *bows* I love being brilliant. My favorite books… oh my, I read so many of them it’s hard to choose. But I think it’s safe to say I love the classics. Ben Hur, Pearl Maiden, King Solomon’s Mines, and The Hidden Hand.

How about you? What genre do you like to read and write in mostly?

Heir of Splendor

Bella D.
    @bella-d

@ashlyvye Hello! I’m glad someone likes my name. My family is so used to it, it has long since lost it’s charm…

Anyway. My Current WIP is a historical story set in the Dark Ages, so it has a slight since of fantasy to it (what can I say? It’s called the Dark Ages for a reason!). I have the synopsis up on my profile, if you’d like to see it 🙂

How about you?

Heir of Splendor

Bella D.
    @bella-d

@filewriter Do you indeed? *takes out her lighter and switches it on and off, on and off, watching it burn in fascination* My dear, your profile picture is wonderfully in tune with our theme.

Unfortunately, I must undeceive you, I have not much to teach. I’ve only been writing with a set purpose in mind for a little over a year now. *sighs* Though I’d dearly like to be an expert on something.

Heir of Splendor

Bella D.
    @bella-d

@corkybookworm Thank you… I love the romance roses automatically inspire. It saves me some hard work getting people’s good opinions right off the bat… (oh, and did I mention I was also crazy? We’re in good company, my friend… never mind what those other boring sane people think.)

Heir of Splendor

Anonymous

@bella-d  I read you’re profile explanation of it and that sounds really cool!  Do you want to publish your works or do you just like to write for fun?

Mine is kinda hard to explain because I’m a planster (planner + panster, meaning I only plan a little bit)  so… technically I’m not even completely sure what it’s about yet (I’m about 10,000 words though.)  It’s a mix of dystopian, sci-fi, and fantasy.  😀

Bella D.
    @bella-d

Well, both really. I hope to publish it someday because I spend so much time on it. I’m glad you liked it 😉

You’re a planster? Me too! I guess I didn’t know such a thing existed. Yes, I have a project like that going right now. It’s a little different from all the rest, but you never know…

Heir of Splendor

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@bella-d @filewriter

Ahem…*cues music and runs*…

“Start a fire in my soul

fan the flame, and make it grow….”

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

Bella D.
    @bella-d

XD Kindred spirits all around! Wow, what did I just join??

Heir of Splendor

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@bella-d, lol. Yes, yes it does. Really, only a year. I was thinking more because of your introduction. Not so much of what it said, but of the way in which it was written. 🙂

Oh, I’m sorry, did you say you were crazy? Well, I believe you did. If you are, then you definitely in the right place. I, for example, am not what most people would call… Sane. 😉

@corkybookworm

*turns the music up louder so that it blasts through the whole topic*

…”So there’s no doubt or denying.

“Let it burn so brightly.

“That everyone around can see…”

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Bella D.
    @bella-d

*covers ears and yells* Well… it’s fitting, that’s for sure.

From what I hear, no one here is the definition of sane.

Heir of Splendor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.