fb

Dabbling in digital art

Forums Art Art Critique Dabbling in digital art

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

So, I’ve been doing digital art for maybe a couple weeks now?Β  Just wanted to try something new, and focus on it. (after all, it’s not like I have anything else to do with the whole quarantine thing and all). XD

Anyways, here it is! It’s a character a friend of mine created, and I drew him.

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

claire
    @claire-h

@theswordinthebook

So cool! I really like it. Especially the pop of contrast that the stars give.

I’ve been experimenting with some digital art lately as well. What app/software do you use?

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@claire-h I use ibisPaintx. It’s free, and it’s very in depth. I actually draw on my touchscreen chromebook.

Thanks for the kind words! πŸ™‚

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

claire
    @claire-h

@theswordinthebook

I actually have been using ibisPaintX too. XD It works great for a free app! (I’m all about the free stuff, lol) I draw on my Samsung Note phone since it has a pen.

it just blooms.

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@theswordinthebook

Great job! I love the lighting and shadows. (Something I always have to mess around with before figuring out where they should go).

ibisPaint X is indeed a VERY nice app. I’ve been using it for a year now, I think, and have finally gotten the hang of it. πŸ™‚

I love the drawing and would love to see any more if you do them.

β€œTears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

claire
    @claire-h

@theswordinthebook

Do you want this to be a personal thread for you or is it ok if others share their digital artwork here? Just wanted to ask before I post!

it just blooms.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@claire-h by all means please post your art on here! I would love to see some of your work!😍

claire
    @claire-h

@theswordinthebook

Ok, good! πŸ™‚ Here’s my most recent attempt… It was commissioned by one of my friends. I struggle with giving skin enough contrast. Also, I’m such a perfectionist that I can spend hours and hours on a piece… not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. XD

it just blooms.

luciusbraun
    @theswordinthebook

@claire-h oh that is beautiful! I love the shading, and the colors are perfect!

claire
    @claire-h

@theswordinthebook

Thanks!! πŸ˜€ I’ve really been having fun with art lately.

it just blooms.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest