Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

• This topic has 215 replies, 77 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Tal.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@parker

YESS!!!!! Or when you rant about something nit picky about plotting or writerly for 30 minutes only to realize that they weren’t listening… And I was talking to myself pretty much. And thoroughly enjoying it.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Parker Hankins
      @parker

Lol, @r-m-archer! I guess I’ll have to learn.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Evelyn
      @evelyn

You know you’re a writer when you rap your poetry to your brothers’ drum practicing to make sure that the meter works out and goes smoothly. XD

Libby
      @libby

@hope-ann I didn’t pay attention to this until now, but I think this is what it means to be a writer.

To be a writer is to be overly ambitious in your writings, humbly admitting when someone criticizes your work, willing to change even the things you like for a better story.  To be a writer is to be understanding of the things that go wrong and the things that go right – because it makes all the difference in the things you write.  To be a writer is to remember that all glory goes to God.

Also, you know you’re a writer when you sit on your bed or stand in the shower, racking your brain for just that one word to describe what you want to say – and that will fit within the rhyme scheme and rhythm that’s so indescribably difficult!

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

@hope-ann You know you’re a writer when you become so attached to a fantasy friend that you decide to kill them to see how you react. Then you start bawling in chruch because your CPR didn’t work on them.

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Evelyn
      @evelyn

@raemarie I’m so confused. xD

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting

You know you’re a writer when you look up weird stuff. Really weird stuff.

You also know you’re a writer when you can spot mistakes in books.

And also when you find plot holes in your own writing and you have to scream.

And when you make a ton of characters and then you forget about them, and then they come back to haunt you.

"Moving on and on and on we go,
      Shining lights above blown away..."

storyjoy
      @storyjoy

You know you’re a writer when you get burned, but instead of running to put it under the faucet, you leave it be so you can know what it feels like.

Or, when you get burned, but instead of getting annoyed/upset over it, you just think, “Finally, now I get to understand how it feels! Man, I wish I’d left my hand there longer to get the full effect…”

*cartwheels out*

storyjoy
      @storyjoy

….when you have all your future children’s names picked out, but then use them up on characters instead.

….when your most frequently visited websites are an online thesaurus and a baby name site.

*cartwheels out*

KaladinStormblessed
      @kaladinstormblessed

You know you’re a writer when the reference desk librarians go running every time you walk in.

storyjoy
      @storyjoy

…when you repeatedly act out scenes with imaginary people, just to make sure the dialogue is believable.

…when you’ve figured out exactly what defense move to use if someone presses a knife to your back, but then you try it on your brother and realize it’s actually pretty much impossible…

…when you really want to try climbing a tree in a dress, just to see how it would work.

…when you spend way too long trying not to use the same word twice in a sentence… of a Google Hangouts message.

*cartwheels out*

storyjoy
      @storyjoy

…when you spend way too long reading all your sad scenes to “get in the mood” for another sad scene… but you can’t get out of the mood even when you’re done writing so you spend the rest of the day moping around sadly.

*cartwheels out*

storyjoy
      @storyjoy

…when you suddenly realize you’re more like your antagonist than your protagonist. And so you proceed to model your antagonist after yourself.

*cartwheels out*

Anonymous

You Know You’re a Writer When you repeatedly act out scenes with imaginary people, just to make sure the dialogue is believable.

Wow, @storyjoy, I do this all the time! 😜😆

…when you spend way too long trying not to use the same word twice in a sentence.
        I do this too. 😂

I might do some You Know You’re a Writer When later.

storyjoy
        @storyjoy

@millenium-m

Lol, glad to find someone as crazy as I am!! XD

You should! I love these things! xD

*cartwheels out*

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 216 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest