Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

@sam-kowal amen.

@hope-ann

• You know you’re a writer when you begin biting different parts of your lip to see how the pain differs for your character.
      • You know you”re a writer when you begin pinching different parts of your body to figure out which feels the most like biting your lip so you can write a comparison.

A God-fearing, singing beast who loves to escape into the pages of her stories whenever possible

Wonderland7
      @wonderland7

Haha! Yes; I totally look up movies and learn their plots before I even see them. It annoys my brothers every time. ;P

"If life were short, where would all the adventures be?"
        - anonymous

"We're all mad here."

Wonderland7
        @wonderland7

You know when you’re a writer when:

You get separation anxiety form being away from your story for too long.

You try looking up something historical on the internet so that you know what it looks like to put it into your story, and then, after not finding anything you need, decide to look up a particular Disney movie because it has the thing you need for your story. (That actually happened to me yesterday! XD)

Or, finally, when how you normally speak sounds like a foreign language to other people because of all the new words you’re finding places.

@skredder
          Haha! Yes; I have a tendency to look up movies before I see them so that I know their plots, or so that I’ll know what’s supposed to happen in it, and I won’t get lost when I actually watch the movie. It annoys my brothers every time! XD

@sam-kowal
          I know what you mean. Often I’ve wondered what it would be like to simply fall into a book and never return to the real world….

"If life were short, where would all the adventures be?"
          - anonymous

"We're all mad here."

Ariella Newheart
          @ariella-newheart

@hope-ann

Whenever I go up to the mountains you’ll here me telling my family, “Can we go look for a cliff? I need to climb to the top of a cliff so I know how to write a scene in my book.” I also take pictures of random trees and rocks and even the ground so I have references for my writing. 😛

Writer, illustrator, Parimi Alcan

Check out my new blog! https://arbitraryfairy.wordpress.com/

Anne of Lothlorien
          @anne-of-lothlorien

@ariella-newheart That’s funny. I’m always looking for the highest point of land to stand on.

You know you’re a writer when a squirrel causes your bike to crash and immediately you start writing its life story… His parents died two days ago and he was sent to his great-aunt’s house, but she was really involved in espionage, so he’s running away. And then you don’t blame him for making you crash, because his life is so pitiful.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
            No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Catwing
            @catwing

@anne-of-lothlorien Adorable. XD

@hope-ann

You know you’re a writer when while sitting in a church service you are in inspired that one of your characters will become blind, so you start wondering who. When you realize it’s your MC, you question if you heard it right or not. And you realize you did, so you’re sad… Until you get to tell your friends and they don’t like it, “No. Poor Alex.” Then you’re happy as could be plotting how she goes blind.
            True story… :3

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

E.B. Raulands
            @e-b-raulands

You know you’re a writer when you find yourself explaining the plot/punch line of a commercial you’ve just watched to your fellow viewers.

I love all the posts on this thread, by the way!   =)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by E.B. Raulands.

To the glory of God and for the advancement of His kingdom.

Julia
            @julia

You know you’re a writer when you have a muted conversation with yourself about coffee.

Catherine Roche
            @writercatherine

You know you’re a writer when…

You think about how you would describe someone if you were writing about them and stare at them much too long to commit their appearance to memory.

You look in a mirror and make strange faces until you land on the right one for your character to make.

Your friend spends an hour trying to talk you out of killing her favorite character.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam - For the greater glory of God
            Catholic, student, bookdragon

Kelly Lundgren
            @kelly-lundgren

You know you’re a writer when you go to search for a video then remember that it doesn’t exist, and it was a daydreaming session for your unannounced and unpublished story.

So you just sit there. Questioning your existence.

"And it came to pass that they lived after the manner of happiness."

Jessi Rae
            @jessi-rae

@hope-ann

You know you’re a writer when you have to stay overnight in the First Aid Station at Bible camp because of a fever, and your brain acts like you’re in quarantine.

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

I have got to stop coming up with these…

You’ll know you’re a writer when you turn a game of ninja at camp into a matter of life of death because your opponent vaguely looks like the villain you must defeat from your book. No, I didn’t even think about my book at that moment. My entire focus just zoomed into that match. My friend told me later that I looked very intense.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

EricaWordsmith
              @ericawordsmith

Oh, no. I’ve got another one…

You’ll know you’re a writer when at the girls night at the indoor waterpark at camp you and your writing friend begin to pretend that you’re the main characters from our stories… and walk around the waterpark acting out scenes (there were waterfalls, how could I help it??) We both write fantasy so we’re obviously acting out who knows what. That night one of my room mates who saw me dancing and having emotionally difficult conversations told me I looked like I was in my own little world. My writing friend told us that it was more true that she thought.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Parker Hankins
                @parker

LOL!!! @ericawordsmith, I love them. Keep going!

You know you’re a writer when ruin a good movie for your family, because the plot wasn’t as smooth as it should be.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

R.M. Archer
                @r-m-archer

You know you’re a writer when ruin a good movie for your family, because the plot wasn’t as smooth as it should be.

@parker
                I’m learning to do this less… I’ve started learning who I can comment on movies with and who gets really irritated when I comment on movies, lol. (My dad is the former. My aunt is the latter. My mom is the former. I don’t think my sister cares. I’m really cautious with friends, lol.)

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest