Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Crazy Writers, Artists, and Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@cassie-hartfinh 1000% percent accurate. Especially trying to explain what your novel’s about… it’s hard to make it sound interesting without spoilers!

“So yeah, there’s this girl and this guy and they… meet. But it’s not a romance novel! And then there’s this other guy, or was it- No, it was definitely that other guy, and he, um, does something… and then there’s magic and stuff.”

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Aislinn Mollisong
    @aislinn-mollisong

(These may have been said before . . .)

YKYAWW people have to stop you in the middle of a sentence and ask, “Is this a real person, one of your internet friends, or a character?” because there really isn’t any distinction.

YKYAWW your siblings are sick of playing with you because you kinda sorta accidentally are always the main character and get into way too many predicaments, and they’re tired of having to kidnap you because you’re ‘too annoying’ and ‘always escape so it’s not fun’.

YKYAWW you just want to faint or pass out. One time. Just. Once.

YKYAWW you hear a cool name and instantly make a character to go with it whether it’s relevant or not.

YKYAWW every single problem can be solved by writing. All of them.

Hero with an overactive imagination

papergirlsfb
    @papergirlsfb

You know you’re a writer when: you think howling at the moon randomly in the middle of the day is normal, and you are surprised when it’s actually not.

And,  just to clear some things up: this is how it feels to pass out (in written form), because a lot of people wonder about this:

My conscious thought was understanding this information, but I guess my heart couldn’t understand why I would need back surgery. I do all the right things. I’m nice, kind, gentle, quiet. That doesn’t matter, my brain says. No one picks this, it just happens.

All of this takes place in about one second, because that’s how fast a brain works.

Fainting is a very weird sensation, because in my experience, you remain conscious. You hear everything that is happening, but you can’t physically move. First, you get sweaty, and you think to yourself, just hold it in for one minute longer.  You can feel it coming, and you can’t do anything about it. There’s no way that you could convince your brain to make sense of it. It’s all just gone all the sudden.

“Is she all right?” The doctor asks.

Yes, I’m fine, you want to reply, but can’t. It’s physically impossible.

Also, there’s the ringing. It all in your head, but there all the more. It makes concentrating hard, but not impossible. Never impossible.

————

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Sylvie Berg

" I don't like conflict."
      *laughs in his face*
      "You're in a book. What did you expect?"
      -Me

Selah CJW
      @selah-chelyah

@papergirlsfb

Thanks for the description! You should make a topic and post it there for a lot of writers. 🙂  You could hear what was going on after you had fainted, then? Or was it a medically-induced “passing out”?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
      ~ Created to create ~

Aislinn Mollisong
      @aislinn-mollisong

YKYAWW you’re at a driver’s ed class and your instructor says ‘A Good driver knows how to correctly manage time and space’ and you immediately start brainstorming this nebulous thing involving time-traveling space pilots who are very bad at the time-traveling part but very good at the space piloting.

Hero with an overactive imagination

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

I refuse to let this thread die. And I feel like making fun of myself. Win-win.

You’ll know you’re a writer when you bring more pens/notebooks, other writing supplies and a small library with you on a road trip in full knowledge that you will not use all of it and all your stuff will weigh you down and cause your travel/packing/unpacking all the harder, but you can’t bear the thought of being stranded hundreds of miles from home without notebooks that you might need or novels you want to read. 

*Rolls eyes at herself*

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

storyjoy
        @storyjoy

You know you’re a writer when you make up new words accidentally. For example, one of my characters just whispered something hoarsefully.

*cartwheels out*

Buddy J.
        @wordsmith

You know you’re a writer when you come to a forum topic really late… and leave some words there anyway.

-Wordsmith- Author of short stories, Reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Leon Fleming
        @w-o-holmes

Did you guys plan to be quotable? Or is that just me?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Leon Fleming.
        Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

@w-o-holmes I, personally, don’t really care.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Naiya Dyani
        @naiya-dyani

This thread is, indeed, too good to let die. 🙂

YKYAWW you dress like one of your characters for a day, which results in you feeling cool and your family probably wondering why you’re wearing a sundress over pajamas (OK, they’re probably actually not. They know me too well by now to blink at anything I do).

(it did feel cool and aesthetic tho)

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Cassie Hartfinh
          @cassie-hartfinh

You know you are a writer when life (a.k.a. writing) slaps you in the face, knocks you out, then kidnaps you so you’re too busy to post in Story Embers for several months, then when you escape and reappear in the forums again, you post something like THIS.

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
          I'm not promising anything.

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting

@cassie-hartfinh This was great! XD I feel like I’ve seen your stuff before.

"Moving on and on and on we go,
          Shining lights above blown away..."

You know you’re a writer when: you always judge a movie by how closely it follows the original book.

You know you’re a writer when: you judge every movie and book you see by its cover.

You know you’re a writer when: you decide whether you like a male character or not simply by how long his hair is, and what style it’s in. (Wording’s a little weird in there, but I totally do that!) 😀 😉

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
          -JRR Tolkien

You know you’re a writer when: you hear a cool name and immediately think, “I’ll use that for one of my next characters.”

@ericawordsmith
          That’s hilarious!!!! That’s exactly what I do! I pack all my clothes, but by the time I get all the books I want, I have to repack so my books are packed in the middle of everything so they don’t get injured. (lol) 😛 😉

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
          -JRR Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 216 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest