*crashes party*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *crashes party*

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  PenSword 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

PenSword
    @pensword

Hello fellow internet humans and writers.

I’m really bad at this sort of thing.

My pen name is Lee, and you’re welcome to call me that. I’ve been writing for what’s now half my life. I have ideas in pretty much every genre (except romance) though I can’t seem to ever finish anything. I’m getting better with that though, as long as I don’t get distracted. Currently I have five WIPs (work-in-progress), and I’m hoping to get a good chunk of the writing for them out of the way before school starts again in the fall. So far that’s working out surprisingly well.

For college I’m studying English, and hoping to minor in psychology. I have a working interest in abnormal psychology, and am very passionate about proper portrayals of mental illnesses in media.

Outside writing, I mostly just do some craft and DIY sort of things and watch YouTube.

*throws smoke bomb and runs away*

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@pensword Hi, Lee!ย  Welcome to SE!ย  How old are you? Im sixteen. What genre do you write/read in?ย  What are your WIPs about? Do you know your MBTI type?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Noodle-Mum
    @noodle-mum

I like how you said “Hello fellow internet Humans and Writers”, implying that writers are, in it of themselves, not human. XD

But Hi! I, too, am human. As well as Writer. I’m Twenty years old as of March (oof, I feel old). As for writing, I have too many WIPS to count XD All ranging in different genres. Non published, but that’s a current goal of mine. I’m not sure if I’m going to self-publish or try and get it officially published yet–I need to finish it first ๐Ÿ˜› What kinda youtube channels do you watch?

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@pensword Hello and welcome! (‘fraid I don’t fall into the Human category, but I’m most certainly a Writer!:P)

Man. Psychology and English? You’ll have an intense load of reading, and braining. Be sure to enjoy it!

What inspired you to start writing? Do you have any favourite writing music?

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

PenSword
    @pensword

@ashira I’m older than 20. ๐Ÿ˜› My current genres are dystopian, mystery/thriller, fantasy, contemporary, and sort of modern fantasy.

Two is about a girl named Two who’s trying to find her past.
    The Disappearance of Elizabeth Rixton is about a private investigator trying to find a girl who disappeared ten years prior.
    Heir of Blood is about a kid who may or may not be the actual king, and also has to not die.
    D&S is a weird YA thing I don’t talk about much.
    And I’m cowriting a superhero college story with a friend of mine.

I’ve never been able to figure out MBTI. My type changes every time I take the test, the only thing I know for sure is I’m an “I”. ๐Ÿ˜›

@noodle-mum Writers are their own odd breed. ๐Ÿ˜›

Don’t worry, I feel older. XD Multiple WIPs are the way to go. What are some of yours about? I watch pretty much anything and everything. Documentaries, comedy clips from old shows, other miscellaneous stuff.

@j-a-penrose It could be a lot, but I enjoy it. XD

I’ve always made up stories in my head, but I was about 10 before I actually started writing them down on paper. I thought I could make something out of it. Still working on that one. ๐Ÿ˜› Recently I haven’t been listening to music while I work, but I used to listen to a lot of movie soundtracks, and other things I liked the sound of. What about you?

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@pensword Sweet! Good aspirations. *nodnod*

I started writing nearly ten years ago, and that was kinda horrible. *shudders* Since then, I’ve been writing to try and make a difference in the world and in YA fiction. *shrugs* Not that I’ve had anything published yet, but that’s my goal for the next few years. ๐Ÿ˜‰

In regards to writing music, I tend to listen to soundtracks too, as well as artists like Antti Martikainen.

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Noodle-Mum
    @noodle-mum

@pensword I have a couple that I have in my ‘active stories’ folder that I’ll tell you about! ๐Ÿ™‚

The first one is the Boys of Reddington Hill. Essentially, it’s a series of short stories (think like The Box Car Children crossed with a kids TV show where they learn lessons) about 8 boys currently living in Reddington Orphanage. Each boy struggles with a different ‘thing’ and each story is centered around a moral lesson they have to learn.

THe second one I call The Game. To sum up: The Game is about these teens who don’t live in ‘reality’ and are playing this game where they’re sent on missions to recover a special ‘item’ and give it to their leader, Mr. Black. They’re eventually faced with what reality is and have to make a choice. Turn themselves in for the crimes they’ve committed while playing the game and accept the truth, or keep living the lie and playing the game. ๐Ÿ™‚

And finally, my real “WIP” that I’m actively working on is called The Four Relics.

Essentially, the goal is to give an example of the love, restoration, and ultimately, the emotional healing Christ has to offer us.ย  ย I do this through the four main characters (Zeki, Favien, Taemilla, and Enah), all of whom are on a journey ( assigned to them by the High King) to recover stolen artifacts from the Enemy.

These ‘Relics’ are the Amulet of Truth, the Cup of Knowledge, the Circlet of Identity, and the Sword of Strength. Each of which stand for a weakness in one of the four main characters.

This last one is, obviously, the one I’ve developed the most XD

As for Youtube, I love watching those funny animal compilations, clips from TV shows, ect. ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you watch The Paul and Morgan Show on youtube? They’re an awesome Christian Channel!

Selah
    @selah-chelyah

@pensword

Welcome, Lee! I understand the “every genre” thing. I write his-fic, but it could fall under a zillion genres! What is your YouTube name? I am on there as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
    "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

PenSword
    @pensword

@j-a-penrose I think all of our first writings were terrible. But, hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

That sounds cool! What are some of your favorite soundtracks?

@noodle-mum Those all sound really neat!

I haven’t heard of them before. I’ll have to look them up.

@selah-chelyah Oh wow, his fic can be tough. What’s your favorite historical era?

I think it’s under Livia, but I’m working on changing a bunch of things around right now. XD What’s yours?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest